Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Decel tuning

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2018, 11:18 AM
Siqcology

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Decel tuning

I’ve seen many Zs or VHRs do some flames and backs fires on decel using uprev. Can someone give me any pointers on how I can get the car to backfire and pop endlessly like theirs if I were to tune my own car?
Old 10-19-2018, 11:52 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,045 Likes on 6,511 Posts

Originally Posted by Siqcology
I’ve seen many Zs or VHRs do some flames and backs fires on decel using uprev. Can someone give me any pointers on how I can get the car to backfire and pop endlessly like theirs if I were to tune my own car?
https://procarreviews.com/shoot-flames-from-exhaust/
Old 11-23-2018, 07:51 AM
LoSt

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pops and backfires are caused by unburnt fuel entering the exhaust. Can be done by adding fuel or retarding timing.

I only started experimenting with this last night, so YMMV. Did this on an extra map slot so I can go back to normal if it's too annoying.

Basically went into the timing table and reduced the far left columns to some stupid low numbers. Since the uprev timing tables aren't a normal BTDC, I started by cutting the values in half, then reduced more until the pops were a little more dramatic. Did this for RPMs above 2000 to avoid messing with idle and low speed driving. Verified I was hitting the timing cells by using the logging/live trace.

Might experiment with bumping up the fuel compensation in those cells as well, but retared timing seems to work well enough.

The following users liked this post:
Tran251 (11-22-2020)
Old 10-29-2020, 12:45 PM
AlbertoG35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LoSt
Pops and backfires are caused by unburnt fuel entering the exhaust. Can be done by adding fuel or retarding timing.

I only started experimenting with this last night, so YMMV. Did this on an extra map slot so I can go back to normal if it's too annoying.

Basically went into the timing table and reduced the far left columns to some stupid low numbers. Since the uprev timing tables aren't a normal BTDC, I started by cutting the values in half, then reduced more until the pops were a little more dramatic. Did this for RPMs above 2000 to avoid messing with idle and low speed driving. Verified I was hitting the timing cells by using the logging/live trace.

Might experiment with bumping up the fuel compensation in those cells as well, but retared timing seems to work well enough.

bru

Last edited by AlbertoG35; 10-29-2020 at 04:16 PM.