Notices
United Kingdom London, Manchester, Portsmouth, Wales, etc.

350z-uk.com down

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 01:59 PM
Revsport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 350z-uk.com down

Hi guys i know some of you use 350z-uk.com just checking if the site is down???

Lew
Old 02-19-2006, 01:21 AM
TheMinel

it is mate, hosts BIG issues, we are switching already

basically they cocked it up big style with no warning whatesoever. countless calls/emails and they are a bunch of useless mongs, so we are switching as we speak...

hopefully it'll be back online soon enough
Old 02-19-2006, 07:45 AM
Revsport

good stuff
Old 02-19-2006, 01:01 PM
MarkM

Originally Posted by Revsport
good stuff

you could always check out the biggest free access forum in the UK with the benefit of a members only section too!!

www.350zukownersclub.com

Old 02-20-2006, 01:56 AM
prescience

With the downside being that you have to pay your hard-earned cash to benefit from the members only area.

Once www.350z-uk.com is back up, it will be fully free as always and contain details of most of the same offers available only to paid members of 350z ukownersclub.com and at reduced cost.

Key additional benefits are currently:
- UTEC installation by Jermaine of TurboXS in the UK
- Tuning trip by Eric and Matt of CP Racing to the UK

Last edited by prescience; 02-20-2006 at 03:44 AM.
Old 02-20-2006, 03:27 AM
chesterfield

Indeed - thanks for that Mark, Its nice to know the policy/agreement that I and your administrator agreed upon about not trying to poach people or bash each others forums is being adhered to by a comittee member.

It would be appreciated Mark, if you could refrain from this type of advertising in a post meant to be discussing our outage.

For the record folks, 350z-uk.com has suffered a massive outage due to an error on our hosts side. (load balancing was not enabled correctly and has led to this outage over the weekend).

So, everyone, please accept our apologies for this outage, we are taking steps to ensure this does not happen again. Once it is back a full report of what errors occured will be posted for those that really want to know, other than that all we can ask is for your patience while we resolve this issue.
Old 02-20-2006, 05:50 AM
rich Zed

interesting chesterfield.. perhaps you could talk to other people on your admin team about this same issue? :lol: Seems that whenever a link to our site comes up.. one of your admins comes along and posts a response about your site..

good to hear you're back up again though! Can't be nice having that much unplanned downtime Hope you managed to get some sleep over the weekend!
Old 02-20-2006, 06:19 AM
veilside z

Guys, I've stated a number of times that, with the proviso that you adhere to the terms & conditions of use, you are welcome to make use of the free open access areas of http:www.350zUKownersclub.com for real 350Z related issues.

Not everyone wants to trawl hundreds of threads to find answers... and it is a shame that people object to investing in a small community such as our own, for the general good of the ownership.

Peace out
Old 02-20-2006, 07:17 AM
TheMinel

Originally Posted by rich Zed
Seems that whenever a link to our site comes up.. one of your admins comes along and posts a response about your site..

isn't this the other way around, in this case??
PS it'd be nice to know about these secret agreements indeed lol

Last edited by TheMinel; 02-20-2006 at 07:42 AM.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:20 AM
TheMinel

Originally Posted by veilside z
Guys, I've stated a number of times that, with the proviso that you adhere to the terms & conditions of use, you are welcome to make use of the free open access areas of http:www.350zUKownersclub.com for real 350Z related issues.
awwww why can't we all get along? on www.350z-uk.com? when it works that is lol

Last edited by TheMinel; 02-20-2006 at 07:36 AM.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:48 AM
prescience

Originally Posted by rich Zed
interesting chesterfield.. perhaps you could talk to other people on your admin team about this same issue? :lol: Seems that whenever a link to our site comes up.. one of your admins comes along and posts a response about your site..

good to hear you're back up again though! Can't be nice having that much unplanned downtime Hope you managed to get some sleep over the weekend!
Thanks for the sentiments. However, you might note in this thread that it was one of your committee that chimed in and posted a link about your site on this thread which was a thread started and clearly related to ours 350z-uk.com and naturally I had no option but to respond as accurately as I could

You will not find me following the same dictat of hijacking threads about your site
Old 02-20-2006, 07:58 AM
prescience

I have requested that this thread be closed by kcobean before we all make ourselves look any more foolish here in the US
Old 02-20-2006, 08:02 AM
rich Zed

Originally Posted by prescience
You will not find me following the same dictat of hijacking threads about your site
I'm not talking about this thread.. rather others on this and other sites around the Internet..

This is the first one of these I have seen, where 'we' have jumped in.

Anyway.. bet you're happy that your site is up again

nb. It wasn't aimed at you.. you've been very good sir, no problems with you at all
Old 02-20-2006, 08:16 AM
chesterfield

And the statement - go to 350zukownersclub.com for real 350Z related chat is supposed to mean what exactly?

We have addressed recent issues of site bashing, or at least I hope we have. Nobody has seen fit to email me with any complaints, as that was my parting statement, I assumed, as I had not been contacted by anyone, that everything must be OK.

If that is not the case, then why have I not been contacted and spoken to?

This thread was about our outage, as such I am not contributing further to this thread - I have stated as much as I know about the outage, which should be fixed quite shortly, and the rest is meaningless off topic forum stirring, which I will not be party to, and I encourage anyone who may be a member, moderator or admin of our site to do the same.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:16 AM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gentlemen,
Please note TOU #3:

3.) OTHER 350Z FORUMS/SITES
You are not allowed to post links to other 350Z forums or sites, unless the topic on hand is related to the topic elsewhere, but you must link directly to the topic, not the site itself. We pride ourselves on the information available here and on our integrity. We will not be affiliated with any other forum which may have lesser standings on rules and policies. If we catch anyone spamming another site via PM or in the forums they will be banned.