Notices
United Kingdom London, Manchester, Portsmouth, Wales, etc.

CSMA Brands Hatch pictures

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2003, 05:11 AM
rich Zed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: hmmm....

Originally posted by girlracer
what a day! traffic sucks. 2 hours to travel less than 40 miles - then back again. £20 to get into the bloody place too!
Ahh Gutted. Nissan sent me two tickets, and I only used one!

I found the route quite easy though... I went M25-M26 then up the A20... I guess you must have got caught in the Congestion on M25J3... As soon as I saw the warning signs about that, I knew which way I was going.

The lady in the Nissan stand seemed to think that I'll get my car around late October (had to drop the number into the conversation didn't I).

There was some young blonde bloke there taking photo's who seemed to know a little bit about the Zed... is this any of you guys out there?

rich
Old 05-19-2003, 05:19 AM
girlracer

It was an easy enough route and I didn't touch the M25 - just the South Circular to the A20. It's only 35 or so miles each way from my house in West London, but sooo slooow!

Btw Rich - how did you get tickets from Nissan?

Last edited by girlracer; 05-19-2003 at 05:25 AM.
Old 05-19-2003, 08:53 AM
rich Zed

Btw Rich - how did you get tickets from Nissan?
On the form that came through with the Goodwood invitation, I said that I couldn't make Goodwood... and ticked this Sunday off... they sent me tickets...

The letter that came with it said that if I had requested Goodwood tickets, having these tickets would *NOT* affect my chances of getting them...

looks like I could have ticked *all* the boxes and got tickets for everything!

I'm going to the Canary Warf one next, but I think that that is free entry anyway???

rich
Old 05-19-2003, 08:57 AM
Paul UK

My dealer phoned me back and i explained the problem. He said that it's very unlikely that Nissan would change this! So I told him to change my order to Charcoal.......

since the cars were custom ordered it would probably not be too late to actually ask our dealers to tell the factory to change them to how we wanted them.....
Now if Sarah from Nissan is right, then i'm on the phone to my dealer again tomorrow..!! Did your dealer get back to you??

I've got time on my side because I don't get my car until April next year anyway.....but it shouldn't be like this......!

Paul UK

Old 05-19-2003, 09:40 AM
Paul UK

On a positive note, I do like the spoiler at the back of the UK Z!

Paul UK
Old 05-19-2003, 09:47 AM
veilside z

This is damn annoying

If we could have had things custom built, as is suggested here, I would have stuck out for Alezan Orange leather seats (SEATS ONLY) with Blade (Chrome Silver) exterior...

& come to think of it they can leave the rear spoiler off & the Nissan badges & save me the hassle of ripping them off on Day 1.
Ooooh it makes me

The "email" has left the building

Last edited by veilside z; 05-19-2003 at 10:25 AM.
Old 05-19-2003, 10:08 AM
gizmo71

It was an easy enough route and I didn't touch the M25 - just the South Circular to the A20. It's only 35 or so miles each way from my house in West London, but sooo slooow!
Heh heh, I did the 30 miles from my house to Brands in under 40 minutes. Coming back I had some fun out of the Dartford toll booths - those RS Focuses can really shift.
Old 05-19-2003, 10:48 AM
girlracer

Originally posted by Paul UK
Did your dealer get back to you??
Yes he did. I explained the problem to him and he said he'd have a chat to the manager about it and call me back. I waited around for a while but then I went out. When I came home there was a missed call from them, so I will call them first thing in the morning.

We can quite easily get the handbrake and gearknob swapped to black, but it's the steering wheel I'm worried about.

Is it too late to switch to charcoal? Paul - what did your dealer say?
Old 05-19-2003, 12:17 PM
Jez

Didn't go for Alezan (could of with Black, but decided against it....phew!)

One thing I did notice from Girlracer's photos....they stuck the rear plate on wonky

Hope that's not indicative of attention to detail levels (unless it was the 'pesky kids' who put the Citroen flyer in the boot messing about)

Great pics anyway Gizmo and Girlracer, thanks for your prompt posting for those of us who couldn't get there.

Jez
Old 05-19-2003, 02:37 PM
Paul UK

Is it too late to switch to charcoal? Paul - what did your dealer say?
Its not too late for me cos i can't have it til Q2 2004 anyway....so even if they send me to the back of the queue it doesn't matter....

My dealer said that Nissan don't allow custom changes.....so i told him to change me to Charcoal.......but that was before i read your post........

I will phone him back in the morning and update him with your findings and ask him to find out for certain what is or isn't possible.

Paul UK
Old 05-20-2003, 04:06 AM
Paul UK

I spoke to my dealer again and explained the latest to him.......
I explained that I only want orange seats, not the other stuff.

He got the message.

Then he phoned Nissan....they told him that its all or nothing in the orange. He said that they don't do customising!!

Now I need to phone him back this afternoon with my decision...... Orange or Charcoal!!

He agreed that the gear **** and handbrake could be swapped easily......but the steering wheel has airbags and cruise control etc so its a major job.

It won't affect my delivery date [April 04].
Arrrggghh!!!! Dilemma.......

Paul UK
Old 05-20-2003, 04:16 AM
girlracer

Blimey Paul, what a decision!

Who's your dealer? I keep calling mine and getting told they're busy and they will call back.... still waiting.

I'm gonna ask to change mine to charcoal, and then get the centre panels replaced with either the burnt orange or maybe tan or even grey alcantara. (pic attached). I wasn't very sure about the orange when I saw it anyway, so I think this is a safe route, and the £350 I save paid for half of my 0003 ZED plate
Attached Thumbnails CSMA Brands Hatch pictures-z_leather.jpg  

Last edited by girlracer; 05-20-2003 at 04:42 AM.
Old 05-20-2003, 04:23 AM
Paul UK

I'm tempted to stick with the orange and then lobby them until they can see that they need to change it........

Risky!

Paul UK
Old 05-20-2003, 04:35 AM
girlracer

I spoke to the head guy at West London Nissan and he's going to make some calls and see what they can do about changing me to charcoal, but he said the rules state that any changes in an order mean the customer goes to the back of the queue (ie: 12 month delivery date). Gulp! He was very very nice, said it was completely unfair and he's gonna do everything he can to sort it out.

My other suggestion to him was could we buy a black steering wheel and swap it? He reckoned they would be expensive (didn't know for sure but guessed around £400). Still an option though...

At this stage I'm edging towards just black leather and aftermarket seat panels.

Fingers crossed!
Old 05-20-2003, 09:26 AM
Paul UK

Dilema over..... I'm sticking with the orange!

This is why:

1 Seats....I feel that the gunmetal/orange seat combo is special. Thats not to say that i dont like the black leather.......its just that the orange seats are, well...."Zedish"! The contrast with the gunmetal is nice.

2 The gear **** and handbrake are easily changed if needed.

3 Steering wheel....... i printed out some pictures from this forum to canvas opinion at work.........most thought the steering wheel looked fine....one guy said he loved it!! It will be dead easy to "die" the orange leather black on the wheel if needed. Piece of cake.

4 If Nissan allow us to select orange components in future [you never know!] then even better.

I went to see my dealer and took him some pics from this forum. He agreed with what we have said on here over the last 2 days.

Incidently, he said that everyone who has already ordered a Zed should expect a scale model car soon....i dont know his definition of soon.....i wonder if it will have an orange gear ****??!

Sorted

Paul UK

Old 05-20-2003, 12:01 PM
Jez

A model would be nice, but bearing in mind only about 2 people have mentioned receiving the mini brochure so far I'm not holding my breath....I'd also prefer a delivery date to be sent to me before the model!!!!!!

Jez

PS Picture staring to emerge that dealers are probably more in the dark than we are - or gone into hibernation till October (might be off spending the £13 interest they have made on our £2k's so far )
Old 05-21-2003, 04:29 AM
girlracer

Good one Paul. To be honest I don't quite know what I'll say if my dealer says I can change to charcoal (although I don't even think I can). I agree with your points, except for dyeing the steering wheel - sounds like a tricky job!

Perhaps we can get matching leather from the Nissan suppliers and have the top panel covered in orange to match? But then again, with the gearknob and handbrake lever swapped to black I think I could live with the silly steering wheel.

The orange leather just does not photograph as it looks though. All my pictures make it look great, but in reality it was a much brighter, harsher colour. I remember really being very unsure about whether I'd made the right decision, and yet from all the previous photos I'd seen I was 101% pro-orange!

I'm gonna have a nother look at the car on Saturday at the MotorDrive Live event (shame the Z is just a static display ), so I think I will leave my decision making until then.
Old 05-21-2003, 10:46 AM
350zuk.com

Default If you want my opinion!

Car looked absolutely Fab!!! If I'd ordered it in Sunset I'd be chuffed, if I'd ordered the Alezan I'd be a bit fed up. I've ordered Gunmetal and charcoal leather.I think the seats in that colour would look super on my Gunmetal, but I'm happy I didn't order it with that because of the steering wheel/gearknob. I thought it was too much of a risk at the time and I'm glad I didn't take that risk.

I also agree that the blade silver looks bland (for a Z!) blending in with every other car, compared with the Sunset. That's why I went for Gunmetal, which I hope and believe is much better. I'm glad that Nissan have decided to go with bringing the Gunmetal to Goodwood, as I get to see my spec before October!!

I also love the spoiler, the Z's bum doesn't look so big in this anymore! I love it's *** even more

But, hey, overall I'm ssssooooooo glad I ordered my Z and I think I'd take it however it came as It's soooo wicked!!!
Old 05-21-2003, 10:56 AM
girlracer

They're bringing the Gunmetal to Goodwood??!!

Where did you hear this? WIll it have black leather or orange?
Old 05-21-2003, 11:07 AM
350zuk.com

Ah! Maybe you ought to check out my site more often You'd be very welcome at URL=http://www.350zuk.com]350zuk.com[/URL] more often Sally! [

Quick Reply: CSMA Brands Hatch pictures