Notices
United Kingdom London, Manchester, Portsmouth, Wales, etc.

Mobile Phone Installation

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 02:34 AM
kevinc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mobile Phone Installation

I am waiting for delivery of my 350z in 3 weeks time and would like to have my mobile integrated into the car's system. I have been given a list of phones that will work by my Nissan dealer. Unfortunately the list seems very outdated in fact there are only 2 phones on the list that are available through Orange, neither of them very desirable. Does anybody know where ther is a more up to date list which is publicly available or is there a way round using only the specified hand sets. If any body can help I would much appreciate it
Thanks
Kevin
Old 10-14-2004, 11:21 AM
rich Zed

Default Mobile phones for Euro Z's

Hi Kevin,

unfortuantely NMGB don't understand the Z, they're too used to selling Micra's to be able to understand the requirements of your average UK Z driver..

However, there are a couple of more recent one's coming soon (well.. they've been coming for a year really.. and we're still waiting).. The Ericksson 610/630 will be the latest supported and I think one other???

Sorry to report that I cannot check the UK forums right now, as we're having a few problems with the database

If you come over to http://www.350zuk.com in the next few days, I'm sure that you'll get a much better answer, especially as this question tends to come up quite often over there.

rgds

rich
Old 10-20-2004, 12:45 AM
kevinc

Default Re: Mobile Phone Installation

Originally posted by kevinc
I am waiting for delivery of my 350z in 3 weeks time and would like to have my mobile integrated into the car's system. I have been given a list of phones that will work by my Nissan dealer. Unfortunately the list seems very outdated in fact there are only 2 phones on the list that are available through Orange, neither of them very desirable. Does anybody know where ther is a more up to date list which is publicly available or is there a way round using only the specified hand sets. If any body can help I would much appreciate it
Thanks
Kevin
Hi Rich
thanks for taking the time to reply. I will follow your suggestion.
Regards
Kevin
Old 10-21-2004, 05:23 AM
rmullen

Hi Kevin,

When i ordered my zed i notice the list was well out of date. I have the Sony Erricson T610 phone, knowing that the connections were the same as the T68 phone i ordered it with the T68 fitment when the car arrived it wouldnt fit as the holders are shaped to the phone. So i checked the manufatcurer of the holders and it is THB a german company. I found one for the T610/630 and told the garage who ordered it up for me from the website i found it on. Also the are approx £50 to nissans £110ish when it arrived it didnt work as nissan have had the internals modified so you have to buy theres. I ask for the T68 one back and removed the guts and fitted it into the T610/630 holder, easy job with a little solder for the arieal a the t610/630 uses an external where the t68 uses a booster behind the phone to enhance the signal. I fit it all back together and it works a treat, although you have to break the warranty seal on the holders but you have to cut a cable inside anyway. So i dont know whether any of the holders available from nissan will fit any of the newer nokias or samsungs im not sure if they do the could be modified. It will cost a bit more as you have to buy two holders but its worth it for full use of the total hands free system which is really good. Nissan need to pull there fingers out of you know where and get it sorted, i paid just over 29K for my zed and to have to do this is a bit of a pain. Hope this helps

Rodger

Titanium
350zGt
Rays
satnav
Old 10-21-2004, 05:32 AM
kevinc

Hi Roger
thanks for taking the time to reply, it really is a pain in such an expensive car.

kevin

Originally posted by rmullen
Hi Kevin,

When i ordered my zed i notice the list was well out of date. I have the Sony Erricson T610 phone, knowing that the connections were the same as the T68 phone i ordered it with the T68 fitment when the car arrived it wouldnt fit as the holders are shaped to the phone. So i checked the manufatcurer of the holders and it is THB a german company. I found one for the T610/630 and told the garage who ordered it up for me from the website i found it on. Also the are approx £50 to nissans £110ish when it arrived it didnt work as nissan have had the internals modified so you have to buy theres. I ask for the T68 one back and removed the guts and fitted it into the T610/630 holder, easy job with a little solder for the arieal a the t610/630 uses an external where the t68 uses a booster behind the phone to enhance the signal. I fit it all back together and it works a treat, although you have to break the warranty seal on the holders but you have to cut a cable inside anyway. So i dont know whether any of the holders available from nissan will fit any of the newer nokias or samsungs im not sure if they do the could be modified. It will cost a bit more as you have to buy two holders but its worth it for full use of the total hands free system which is really good. Nissan need to pull there fingers out of you know where and get it sorted, i paid just over 29K for my zed and to have to do this is a bit of a pain. Hope this helps

Rodger

Titanium
350zGt
Rays
satnav