Notices
Upcoming Events Upcoming 350z/370Z/G35/G37 Events

Zdayz 2008.

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 11:37 AM
mw9

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by XKR
Come on bro....you did not have to say all that Google the map of the airport....you can park down the road from the airport and walk to the event...no big deal....whats up with all the hate

For those who are not aware of the "Airport Runway Event"....a group of people ( me included) rented out an airport for this one day event.... the last time I heard the rules, only Z/G with a MINIMUM of 550 whp was invited. You cannot trailor your car, you had to drive it or you would not be able to run. They dont care if you live in Cali...if you want to run, you have to drive it there. They feel that this way....people would not get crazy with their rides.

There were 30 spots and all are taken. Some have sold their spots. This started as a friendly contest between a few of the FI Big Dawgs and it grew from there.

As far as spectators.....they would rather keep it small. They dont want people getting too close to the runway....you will have 500 , 600, 700+ whp cars running flat out on this strip...the last think you want is people standing too close.

They will be charging a fee for spectators....if I remember correctly...it was $5 or $10 dollars.

See you all there....

So we are having a event at ZDAYZ, and we don't want alot of people watching. But if you have a high HP car than its ok. Wow, I was looking foward to seeing some of these cars. If you going to have an event like this, people want to see it. Some of us can't afford to put that money in are cars, but we still are part of the Z community.
Old 01-30-2008, 12:54 PM
jumpin800agl
8 to 11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mw9
So we are having a event at ZDAYZ, and we don't want alot of people watching. But if you have a high HP car than its ok. Wow, I was looking foward to seeing some of these cars. If you going to have an event like this, people want to see it. Some of us can't afford to put that money in are cars, but we still are part of the Z community.
the amount of spectator cars is limited due to parking. There will be quite a few people going to watch this, myself included hopefully.
Old 01-30-2008, 12:56 PM
TheStigZ33
TheFastDieYoung

Originally Posted by XKR
Come on bro....you did not have to say all that Google the map of the airport....you can park down the road from the airport and walk to the event...no big deal....whats up with all the hate

For those who are not aware of the "Airport Runway Event"....a group of people ( me included) rented out an airport for this one day event.... the last time I heard the rules, only Z/G with a MINIMUM of 550 whp was invited. You cannot trailor your car, you had to drive it or you would not be able to run. They dont care if you live in Cali...if you want to run, you have to drive it there. They feel that this way....people would not get crazy with their rides.

There were 30 spots and all are taken. Some have sold their spots. This started as a friendly contest between a few of the FI Big Dawgs and it grew from there.

As far as spectators.....they would rather keep it small. They dont want people getting too close to the runway....you will have 500 , 600, 700+ whp cars running flat out on this strip...the last think you want is people standing too close.

They will be charging a fee for spectators....if I remember correctly...it was $5 or $10 dollars.

See you all there....
so whats the airport name so i can google it, and what day is it gonna be on?
Old 01-30-2008, 02:30 PM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

ZDayZ 2008 Activity Schedule

The schedule of activities shown below is tentative. Some activities and times may change. Watch for a final schedule to be published shortly before ZDayZ weekend. Click on activity name to be taken to description of that activity.

THURSDAY

4:00pm to 9:00pm Rec Hall ZDayZ Registration / Check-In

4:00pm Rec Hall Digital Scavenger Hunt Begins

FRIDAY

9:00am to 9:00pm Rec Hall ZDayZ Registration / Check-In

noon to ??? General Store Parking Mountain Cruise #1

noon to 5:00pm Ball Field Meet and Greet

5:00pm to 5:30pm Ball Field Opening Remarks / Friday Sponsor Prizes

5:30pm to 8:00pm Rec Hall Friday Group Dinner

Dusk Ball Field Outdoor Movie

SATURDAY

8:00am to ??? General Store Parking Mountain Cruise #2

9:00am to 5:00pm Rec Hall ZDayZ Registration / Check-In

10:00am to 2:00pm TBD ZDayZ Poker Run / Prize Rally

noon to 3:00pm TBD Group Picture Staging and Photograph

2:00pm to 5:00pm Ball Field Sponsor Tech Sessions
2:00pm to 5:00pm Ball Field Digital Scavenger Hunt
5:00pm to 5:30pm Ball Field Saturday Sponsor Prizes / Premium Raffle Drawings

5:30pm to 8:00pm Rec Hall Saturday Group Dinner
8:00pm to ??? Rec Hall Texas Hold'em Tournament 3

SUNDAY

9:00am to noon Lodge Lobby Meet ZDayZ Organizers

ZDayZ Ends

Don't forget to make your reservations for ZDayZ 2009!!!

Activity Descriptions

ZDayZ Registration / Check-In - One of your first stops at ZDayZ. Visit the Rec Hall to register or check-in to ZDayZ 2008. You will receive your ZDayZ namebadge, which grants access to all ZDayZ activites, when you check-in. In addition, many sponsor handouts and other welcome items will be available at the registration desk. This is also where you will be able to purchase ZDayZ products and tickets for raffle items. The registration desk will be staffed Thursday evening, all day Friday, and through Saturday afternoon.

Digital Scavenger Hunt - Returning to ZDayZ was one of the favorite activities of ZDayZ 2006, the ZDayZ Digital Scavenger Hunt! ZDayZ attendees will be able to pick up a list of scavenger hunt items at the ZDayZ Registration Desk. Over the course of the weekend, attendees are encouraged to find as many items on the list as possible. On Saturday, ZDayZ staff will review images of items attendees have found. Prizes will be available based on the items found on the list. Images will not be reviewed before the designated time on Saturday.

Mountain Cruises - The mountain cruise activities give attendees a set time to set out and explore the great mountain roads in the area as part of a Z caravan. These drives will be geared toward finding less traveled roads and more scenic drives. If possible, one or more people who have previously attended ZDayZ will be designated to lead the mountain cruises.

ZDayZ Meet & Greet - Since there is no ZDayZ car show this year, we decided it would be great if we could still find a way to encourage everyone to gather. Beginning about noon on Friday, attendees will be able to park on and around the ball field to show off their sweet Z-cars and G35s. During this time, everyone will be free to come and go as they please, but we will probably ask anyone parking on the ballfield to remain until the meet and greet ends. This activity will end with ZDayZ Opening Remarks and first prize giveaways. So you definitely want to be sure to arrive before 5:00pm!

Opening Remarks - As the meet and greet ends, ZDayZ organizers will make any necessary administrative announcements. This will also be your first opportunity to find out the latest information on the weekend's various scheduled activities. In addition, registered attendees will be eligible to win prizes donated by our ZDayZ sponsors.

Group Dinners - As with previous ZDayZ, group dinners will be available for attendees on both Friday and Saturday night. The menu for each dinner will be provided soon. Both dinners for ZDayZ 2008 are optional activities and only available to registered ZDayZ attendees. So, attendees can choose to attend one, both, or neither of the dinners, paying only for those they wish to attend. While we have not scheduled any activities to coincide with either dinner at this time, we feel the dinners are still one of the best opportunities to meet with your friends and share stories of the day's events.

Outdoor Movie - For the first time at ZDayZ, we will be attempting to present one or more movies on a large outdoor screen located on the ballfield! Other car groups meeting at Fontana Village have tried this activity and it seems to be a hit. So, we figured we would give it a try in 2008. Expect car-oriented entertainment and an open atmosphere to mingle with your Z friends. If weather is inclimate on Friday, we will swap this activity time with the Texas Hold'em Tournament on Saturday.

ZDayZ Prize Rally - Details still being finalized. Expect ZDayZ Poker Run 2008 to be updated and improved!

ZDayZ Group Photo - The ZDayZ 2008 Group Photo will be taken at the endpoint for the ZDayZ 2008 Prize Rally. You will not need to participate in the Prize Rally to be included in the group photo, just show up before the time designated for the photo. Depending on final arrangements, the picture will be taken either at Fontana Dam or on the ball field. More details to come.

Sponsor Tech Sessions - More details to come. As with previous ZDayZ, we hope to see several of our vendor partners and sponsors on site in 2008. Each sponsor will have the option to set up a vendor booth and partner sponsers will have the option to present a 30-45 minute Tech Session on Saturday afternoon.

Premium Raffle and Sponsor Prize Giveaways - Saturday afternoon following the Group Photo and Sponsor Tech Sessions, ZDayZ organizers will make some final remarks and draw winners for premium raffle items, as well as give away more sponsor donated prizes to registered ZDayZ attendees.

ZDayZ Texas Hold'em Tournament - Another great activity returning from 2006! Registered ZDayZ attendees are invited to participate in the ZDayZ Texas Hold'em Tournament 3. An awesome way to end your ZDayZ weekend and the final opportunity to win some great sponsor provided prizes! More information on the Texas Hold'em Tournament to come.

Meet the ZDayZ Organizers
- As always, we will want to hear your impressions and feedback about ZDayZ 2008. ZDayZ planners will be stationed in the lobby of Fontana Village Resort's lodge Sunday morning to receive your feedback forms and talk to you about what you liked or didn't like about the event.

http://zdayzevents.com/Pages/schedule_08.htm
Old 01-30-2008, 02:39 PM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

yea it was kinda crappy that I was one of the 1st people to say i was gonna spectate and video it for the people that couldnt make it and I just got "Overlooked" I was even gonna help pay for the strip and I mean way more than 10$. And yes it was a great Idea for us 2 rent a van and shuttle there but w.e. If the Z community is invited then it shouldnt be on this forum

If im not invited +2 on it snowing
Old 01-30-2008, 03:13 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by GetYouSum350z
so whats the airport name so i can google it, and what day is it gonna be on?
Here is the info for the event... https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction/321315-airport-runway-event-fi-only.html

Originally Posted by mw9
This was planned as an event NOT associated with ZdayZ. As someone stated....PARKING for spectators is limited to 20...

Originally Posted by jumpin800agl
the amount of spectator cars is limited due to parking. There will be quite a few people going to watch this, myself included hopefully.
+1000000

Originally Posted by 2004Black350z
yea it was kinda crappy that I was one of the 1st people to say i was gonna spectate and video it for the people that couldnt make it and I just got "Overlooked" I was even gonna help pay for the strip and I mean way more than 10$. And yes it was a great Idea for us 2 rent a van and shuttle there but w.e. If the Z community is invited then it shouldnt be on this forum

If im not invited +2 on it snowing

Before you all get upset over nothing....just PM the event organizer ( D350Z10) ....I am sure he would love for you to film it. If I remember what was said...They were limiting spectator CARS not Spectators. The owner of the Airport set the rules not the event organizer.

Last edited by XKR; 01-30-2008 at 03:32 PM.
Old 01-30-2008, 03:41 PM
Zmazing03

By any chance, can we add a poll to the thread...

Which day are you arriving?
Wed, Thurs, Fri, Other

Just trying to get a good idea of when most people are going to arrive.
Old 01-30-2008, 03:45 PM
TheStigZ33
TheFastDieYoung

Originally Posted by Zmazing03
By any chance, can we add a poll to the thread...

Which day are you arriving?
Wed, Thurs, Fri, Other

Just trying to get a good idea of when most people are going to arrive.
Thursday for me!
Old 01-30-2008, 04:59 PM
SupermanZ

Thursday for me aswell.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:06 PM
JAM3Z
Phenom

I plan to be there on thursday.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:13 PM
JAM3Z
Phenom

I think I'm on the spectator list, but how do I find out for sure?
Old 01-30-2008, 05:16 PM
JAM3Z
Phenom

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
8 of us from the shop, with assorted Forged Shop cars: 350Z, G37, Evo8.

And must be a few dozen Forged customer cars in attendance too.
I was just thinking, you might want to bring the Titan too just in case anyone has a catastrophic failure. (knocks on wood)
Old 01-30-2008, 05:36 PM
buzzardmountain

My group will be there starting Wed..........

Old 01-30-2008, 05:53 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

There seems to be a problem with the events... I don't see anything for wet tee shirt contests, or keg stands.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:13 PM
buzzardmountain

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
There seems to be a problem with the events... I don't see anything for wet tee shirt contests, or keg stands.
haha.....the last time's on the schedule stop at 9......

all that stuff will be around 2 am....

Old 01-30-2008, 06:23 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Originally Posted by buzzardmountain
haha.....the last time's on the schedule stop at 9......

all that stuff will be around 2 am....

Oh, I'll probably be waking up around 9:00pm. that's perfect!
Old 01-30-2008, 07:15 PM
Juno

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg

I thought those were seperately scheduled events being held at your cabin. LOL
Old 01-30-2008, 07:20 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Originally Posted by Juno
I thought those were seperately scheduled events being held at your cabin. LOL
Of course, I just wanted to include everyone.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:00 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i had a really warped, strange dream about what i think was zdayz.
they were selling slices of pizza for $76.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:02 AM
TheStigZ33
TheFastDieYoung

I was wondering if any one around the north mississippi area is going to zdayz, im from booneville and if you and friends wanna go just let me know, or if anyone wants me to join their caravan i will.

Quick Reply: Zdayz 2008.