Notices
Upcoming Events Upcoming 350z/370Z/G35/G37 Events

Zdayz 2008.

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 02:38 PM
dTor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The GT-R vs. the G & the Z

Guess who won?? (hint - it wasnt' me or the Z )

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aiq3_Lww_6Y&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aiq3_Lww_6Y&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
Old 05-22-2008, 02:56 PM
CELTIC Z

Originally Posted by Lightning Guy
Often times people make next year's reservations as they check out this year. I don't have the numbers yet but it was looking good the last tiime I saw them.

Once reservations are made, if rooms are full of bugs and spiders or no hot water, stuff like that, certainly bring that to my attention. It needs to come to me for two reasons, I am the point of contact between ya'll and FVR and also it goes into our feedback form to them, which we use in negotiations for this year and next. Now granted FVR is not the Hilton, but bugs and cold water suck even in a tent.

When I had been at FVR for 6 days filling up at $4.14/gal and then Friday morning I top of at $4.62/gal. I went to the general manager of FVR and raised the roof. They did that to use a few years ago and we fought them down on it. She did show me invoices where she had paid a $0.40+/gal increase. I said so sorry we wont be buying any more and that is when I made the announcement at dinner.

It is my job to make sure all of you have a good time. Now granted, some things are out of my control (like two locals crossing the double yellow and killing two Zs) but the lessons we learn from that instance will go forward and ensure that anyone who puts money inthe premium raffles will when the prize even if they are stuck on the dragon.

I have been in touch with Killboy and he states that the guy in the Z1 lookalike Z32 is a friend of his and knows better. HE feels awful that he trashed his car and another Z33. His boys have been giving him down the road for breaking the double yellow rule. So for all of you that were held up on the dragon, take solace in knowing that he is getting he11 from the best, killboy.com
Brain, glad to see ya posting out there. You met with Adam and I Sat. night about us getting hung up in the crash. I do appreciate you taking time to listen and making Zdayz better next year...good to see some new blood injected into our fold. Look forward to next year...you have my wife's and Adams spouse name to help wherever needed....late
Old 05-22-2008, 03:00 PM
CELTIC Z

Originally Posted by dTor

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aiq3_Lww_6Y&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aiq3_Lww_6Y&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
you got owned by a "Z"....at least he had the ***** to chase him down... G = fail.....hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Old 05-22-2008, 04:01 PM
dTor

Originally Posted by longhorn44
you got owned by a "Z"....at least he had the ***** to chase him down... G = fail.....hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

lol

... there's a thin line between bravery and stupidity. I knew better than to try to keep up, esp. w/ my stock suspension.
Old 05-22-2008, 04:25 PM
Jason333
hi

LOL @ squidly Z mid video passing on double yellow to get behind traffic
Old 05-22-2008, 04:33 PM
Lightning Guy

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by longhorn44
Brain, glad to see ya posting out there. You met with Adam and I Sat. night about us getting hung up in the crash. I do appreciate you taking time to listen and making Zdayz better next year...good to see some new blood injected into our fold. Look forward to next year...you have my wife's and Adams spouse name to help wherever needed....late
It was my pleasure to talk to you and yours. I'm glad we got everything sorted out.

I wouldn't call it new blood, I've been to every ZdayZ so far and Andy has been my best friend for 15 years. I can thank him for all of my friends in the Z community. I just stepped up to help out this year and I'll drive next year as well. It is a huge task putting ZdayZ on it is by no means a one man show, there are many people including Morris, Glen, Justin, Matthew, Andy, all of our sponsors and volunteers, I'm just lucky enough that they make it look easy.

Honestly I lost the name badges, shot me a PM if ya'll want to help out next year.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:02 PM
ARMSTRONGARMS

LMFAO darrin if it wasnt for traffic you wouldnt have any proof you were FOLLOWING a GTR, Im looking foward to DJ's video as it shows what a GTR can do at the dragon.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:01 PM
TheStigZ33
TheFastDieYoung

I didnt kill myself........ I think I did stay with it pretty good for only having springs up graded. Darrin u gotta have more faith in me man, it wasnt my time to chase a car that was outta my league, i know where my limits are. I test them on a weekly bases.... Glad I did get in front thou my video is awesome!
Old 05-22-2008, 09:03 PM
TheStigZ33
TheFastDieYoung

Originally Posted by Jason333
LOL @ squidly Z mid video passing on double yellow to get behind traffic

i was getting better footage and accually making the GTR drive push his car after we got around traffic.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:49 PM
shezzzhot
Abzolutely Zexy

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Technically they hold all of the beds in the joint for the event. People still make their reservations like normal. We get what is left over for staff and for sponsors. We have a little pull, but some.

We are working on FVR. They have come a long way since we started this. I remember the very first ZdayZ and the Friday night dinner (which was in the lodge) and the Bleu Cheese dressing was actually Blue and had no Bleu in it, LOL. They have evolved as have we, and with evolving there is always room for improvement. That is why I need everyone to go to http://zdayz.com/forumz/ and give us your feedback for next year while it is still early enough to implement it.

Oh gawd, the meat loaf was a rock, the rolls were bricks, and there was Noooo booze. NONE.

The next year there was a bar!! YAY! This year the grill was open until 9pm!!

I think FVR deserves a medal! They've worked very hard to make us happy.

Last edited by shezzzhot; 05-23-2008 at 09:43 AM.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:52 PM
ARMSTRONGARMS

IMO the dinner and raffles can be held a lil later! Who honestly eats at 5/5:30???? seriously. That would give more time for people to drive also. have dinner at 630/7 then raffle starts while people are still eating. Not only does that keep people together but also encourages people to eat the meal instead of bailing once the raffle is done!
Old 05-22-2008, 10:04 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by shezzzhot
Oh gawd, themeat loaf was a rock, the rolls were bricks, and there was Noooo booze. NONE.

The next year there was a bar!! YAY! This year the grill was open until 9pm!!

I think FVR deserves a medal! They've worked very hard to make us happy.
I'd be cool with cooking next year.
Old 05-23-2008, 04:37 AM
Lightning Guy

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
Is that an offer to cook for everyone? We are looking for volunteers.
Old 05-23-2008, 06:02 AM
w0ady

sweet video!

zdayz next year will be may 29-31 due to conflicts with the american kennel club lol.
Old 05-23-2008, 06:11 AM
coachk
Banned

Very ballsy move by the Z..but I liked it The guy in the Z can drive
Old 05-23-2008, 06:17 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Is that an offer to cook for everyone? We are looking for volunteers.
Sure. I'll need more equipment of course. I have a deep fryer than can be set up to boil water. A Low Country Boil would produce a lot of food.
Old 05-23-2008, 06:27 AM
y_b_lamron

Mmmmm....chicken wings? I'll bring the beer!
Old 05-23-2008, 06:32 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Originally Posted by y_b_lamron
Mmmmm....chicken wings? I'll bring the beer!
Oooo... Maybe some wings for just you and I. Making wings for 100+ people would be too expensive and take too long.
Old 05-23-2008, 06:33 AM
y_b_lamron

Oh no, I was just thinking about myself.
Old 05-23-2008, 06:35 AM
Lightning Guy

Sure. I'll need more equipment of course. I have a deep fryer than can be set up to boil water. A Low Country Boil would produce a lot of food.
Hmmmmm interesting. I'm not sure FVR would let that fly but I can check. Put your idea on our forumz please zdayz.com/forums/ that actually sounds fun. Don't have a clue whre I can get Kettles big enough in the mountains and a Z sure can't get one there, but it is someting worth entertaining. Put some details in there too. I've never been to a low country boil so you'll have to educate me.

Quick Reply: Zdayz 2008.