Notices
Upcoming Events Upcoming 350z/370Z/G35/G37 Events

ZdayZ 2010

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 07:25 AM
AznSky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Forgive me for being the zdayz noob, but anybody care to share he sammich story?
Old 05-26-2010, 07:31 AM
Phreakdout

What a great time! All of from Michigan had a fantastic time and we will return as a new Z-Club chapter.

I did miss having the traditional Drop-Top Cruise. Last year we had a pretty good turn out for it. I hope to see it back again next year. Perhaps the Michigan club can organize this.

How much bribery will it take to get Injected to bring the dyno back next year? Name the price guys! I'll start a bake-sale to help out! God Bless Injected. They have been fantastic and us Michigan guys don't think twice about making a 5 hour drive to have them work on our cars.

This year's ZdayZ was well done. The TSD was really well done. Can you post up the correct times for each route? I have no idea if we did well or poorly.

Lastly, this has nothing to do with ZdayZ's efforts, but the gas station at the Dragon's start (not the Pit Stop at Fontana) shut down access to cars on Saturday. He put up cones all around the station with signs saying "Motorcycles Only". The Pit Stop was closed because of the downed tree preventing the owner from getting to work so I went on to the one at the Dragon. When I saw the cones, I parked and walked up to the three guys sitting outside. I approached nicely and I got the attitude "You plannin' on parkin' there buddy?" I asked nicely if I could get some gas and he said "Not today. Your car buddies treated my gas station like a parking lot and I couldn't get customers in and out. So maybe we'll try again tomorrow."

Look, I understand his point but really it's his own fault. The pumps require the driver to go inside and pay. When inside, there's usually a line of tourists buying t-shirts, snacks, etc. There's really no place for cars to park and go inside and buy stuff.

My suggestion to Mr. Attitude is to either update the F'ing pumps (I know it's expensive) or speed up the pay process. Have one of those three guys sitting outside run a cash register located outside at the pumps. (For gas only) Put all those cones to use. Have one lane for cars with gas caps on the driver's side and one for cars with caps on the passenger side. Enter on 129 and exit on 28. Lastly, have some parking spaces for car owners to shop after buying gas.

I can't tell you how miffed I was when he told me I had to drive another 9-10 miles down 129 to another gas station. If cars are not welcome there, then I'd like to see us not support them. Let Pit Stop benefit and he can spend all day filling motorcycles 5 gallons at a time.

Bryan, if you happen to stop there, mention how uncool that move was. At future ZdayZ, we should mention to be courteous and move cars quickly when getting gas.

Last edited by Phreakdout; 05-26-2010 at 07:32 AM.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:34 AM
Phreakdout

Originally Posted by AznSky
Forgive me for being the zdayz noob, but anybody care to share he sammich story?
I'll explain it the next time we get together. It's not that big of a deal. Poor Nikki has had to endure this for a while now and she's been a good sport.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:33 AM
Lightning Guy

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Phreakdout
What a great time! All of from Michigan had a fantastic time and we will return as a new Z-Club chapter.
Awesome!

I did miss having the traditional Drop-Top Cruise. Last year we had a pretty good turn out for it. I hope to see it back again next year. Perhaps the Michigan club can organize this.
last year was the first time and I killed it due to the rock slide. I had no idea they would get it open that fast. Sorry.

How much bribery will it take to get Injected to bring the dyno back next year? Name the price guys! I'll start a bake-sale to help out! God Bless Injected. They have been fantastic and us Michigan guys don't think twice about making a 5 hour drive to have them work on our cars.
Last year they did work thier butt off. and that is something I really don't want volunteers doing just based upon liability. I'd love to see it back, we'll sick Graham on them for next year.

This year's ZdayZ was well done. The TSD was really well done. Can you post up the correct times for each route? I have no idea if we did well or poorly.
can't do it, limited number of roads means limited number of options.

Lastly, this has nothing to do with ZdayZ's efforts, but the gas station at the Dragon's start (not the Pit Stop at Fontana) shut down access to cars on Saturday. He put up cones all around the station with signs saying "Motorcycles Only". The Pit Stop was closed because of the downed tree preventing the owner from getting to work so I went on to the one at the Dragon. When I saw the cones, I parked and walked up to the three guys sitting outside. I approached nicely and I got the attitude "You plannin' on parkin' there buddy?" I asked nicely if I could get some gas and he said "Not today. Your car buddies treated my gas station like a parking lot and I couldn't get customers in and out. So maybe we'll try again tomorrow."

Look, I understand his point but really it's his own fault. The pumps require the driver to go inside and pay. When inside, there's usually a line of tourists buying t-shirts, snacks, etc. There's really no place for cars to park and go inside and buy stuff.

My suggestion to Mr. Attitude is to either update the F'ing pumps (I know it's expensive) or speed up the pay process. Have one of those three guys sitting outside run a cash register located outside at the pumps. (For gas only) Put all those cones to use. Have one lane for cars with gas caps on the driver's side and one for cars with caps on the passenger side. Enter on 129 and exit on 28. Lastly, have some parking spaces for car owners to shop after buying gas.

I can't tell you how miffed I was when he told me I had to drive another 9-10 miles down 129 to another gas station. If cars are not welcome there, then I'd like to see us not support them. Let Pit Stop benefit and he can spend all day filling motorcycles 5 gallons at a time.

Bryan, if you happen to stop there, mention how uncool that move was. At future ZdayZ, we should mention to be courteous and move cars quickly when getting gas.
I'll do what I can. Maybe pre=paying for cars before they pull up makes more sense in his market. I'll discuss it with Ben.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:27 PM
Russ@Z1

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Lightning Guy
I'll do what I can. Maybe pre=paying for cars before they pull up makes more sense in his market. I'll discuss it with Ben.

On their facebook page, they and their fans graciously griped about the Nissan drivers who crowded their parking lot and crossed the double yellows. Apparently it was the typical, stereotyped, bikers hate cagers attitude that came out to play while everyone was there. Unfortunately, it was bad conduct on both sides. Bikers wouldn't get out of the way of cars and also crossing the lines, and cars sliding around curves and crossing the lines themselves.

Things could be a LOT better if people used sensible judgment.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:32 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by russ713
On their facebook page, they and their fans graciously griped about the Nissan drivers who crowded their parking lot and crossed the double yellows. Apparently it was the typical, stereotyped, bikers hate cagers attitude that came out to play while everyone was there. Unfortunately, it was bad conduct on both sides. Bikers wouldn't get out of the way of cars and also crossing the lines, and cars sliding around curves and crossing the lines themselves.

I should have taken the Ford Fission out on the Dragon to show you newbs what's up.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:33 PM
blasian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
I should have taken the Ford Fission out on the Dragon to show you newbs what's up.
Oh my damn, I just got an idea for next year
Old 05-26-2010, 12:35 PM
Lightning Guy

Originally Posted by russ713

when a harley rider comes at me yack yack yack I just pull out the pictures of his buddies that damn near met the maker as a hood ornament on my Z. I used to keep a camera mounted on the door near the ground so you could see my place in the lane verses thiers. when thier pegs are on my side of the double yellow and the helmet lines up my my a pillar and I'm on the white line they start back pedalling. can't when, they suck and we rule. I rock!
Old 05-26-2010, 12:35 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by blasian
Oh my damn, I just got an idea for next year
Speaking of which. I was going to ask about jacking your idea for this year.

Next year is going to be epic. I won't be so emo/distracted with work and home selling and will be a sponsor.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:36 PM
grassh0ppa

Did anyone get a pic of the flaming Z on the road? That's definitely one for the album.. I was too wasted to even turn the camera on...

Originally Posted by ibelonginprison
haha.. dis f*ckin' guy...
We're totally getting that cabin again next year. Your beer pong and our fire was a perfect combination.

On a side note.

Sammich.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:37 PM
blasian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
Speaking of which. I was going to ask about jacking your idea for this year.

Next year is going to be epic. I won't be so emo/distracted with work and home selling and will be a sponsor.
Dude, I wouldn't have cared but since you didn't do it... I just thought of a funny Killboy picture and you know what I'm talking about
Old 05-26-2010, 01:15 PM
Russ@Z1

Old 05-26-2010, 01:33 PM
Phreakdout

when a harley rider comes at me yack yack yack I just pull out the pictures of his buddies that damn near met the maker as a hood ornament on my Z. I used to keep a camera mounted on the door near the ground so you could see my place in the lane verses thiers. when thier pegs are on my side of the double yellow and the helmet lines up my my a pillar and I'm on the white line they start back pedalling. can't when, they suck and we rule. I rock!
Nice! I've seen this too. Especially bikes passing inside turns or taking the full road in the hairpin. I'm sure they have the same problem with just about every car club that comes through.

I hate to hear that some of the Z-folk were a problem. I do worry that one year we are going to wear out our welcome at Fontana Village. I'd like to keep ZdayZ going for years but the ripping through the village, burnouts, massive parties with debris everywhere has got to be a problem for them. We've aready had the golf carts taken away.

Same goes with the Dragon, I'd hate to see us get a bad rep. We're not the Honda Civic crew. If you see a fellow Z driver crossing the double yellow, say something to him or her. If they keep doing it, say something to Bryan. I like to push the limit on these roads but not at the expense of someone's safety. We all get excited on these roads and it's easy to forget that the Dragon is not a race track. So keep it safely on the right and have fun.

BTW: I like the cash idea for gas at Ben's station. Maybe he can accept credit when it's slow in the am or evening.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:37 PM
ibelonginprison

Originally Posted by rrmedicx
Can we mass produce that 'SAMMICH' sticker? That was the word of the weekend!
Already working on that! lol
Old 05-26-2010, 03:19 PM
ibelonginprison

I know several of the Forged cars came through while we were on it wide *** open. Like the civic, the evo etc... Saw a couple cross the doubles on the corner we were on, but didn't take much note of it cause they just slid a little bit on the paint, no biggie. There were 2-3 Z's that came down 28 ***** out and almost hit my wife and Sam's wife (that were driving the SL550 at the time)... they were a little upset about that because those cars came pretty wide over the lines and borderline out of control. Couldn't really get them to come back out for a while after that because they were a little shaken up... which to me gives us a bad name when people driving normally almost get run off the road.

But, that's part of it.

Phreak - good meeting you. I was the guy in the gray G that pestered you about your exhaust. I don't know that saying something after the fact does anything but **** someone off, but I certainly think that the "older" crowd should take these younger kids under their wings. I DEFINITELY think that we need to make a big deal about NOT crossing the double yellows. It's an unwritten rule, but it needs to be harped on because some people just don't get it.

I also think that it would be kind of fun to have "driving sessions." Let some of the older and more experienced drivers take some of the younger ones out on fun runs (at the speed limit... or close to it) and explain about proper braking, acceleration, and unwritten rules of the dragon, like yellow lines, tailgating, and pulling over for much faster cars etc. Because a lot of these kids have just never been to curves like this. They think crossing the double yellows is OK because 'that's hard driving' and they don't realize that it's REALLY frowned upon by EVERYONE and it makes you look like a complete n00b. Brake coming in, not during the apex, even acceleration, not stabbing the throttle while the wheel is cranked 90 degrees to the right. Leaving traction control on until you've made a couple passes and understand the dynamics of the different corners.

The funny thing is, Patrick drove better and quicker lines and was more safe through the corners in his damn truck than a lot of the 'sports cars' I saw. Which is why I think teaching them beforehand will help cut back on some of the dangerous driving.

(Note: there is a difference between dangerous driving and fast driving.)
Old 05-26-2010, 03:27 PM
Russ@Z1

Yeah, I took pleasure in being able to introduce Todd and his wife Nicole, Rodney, Sam and his wife Marina to ZdayZ this year after they realized how much I enjoyed it last year.

The parts that bothered them was all centered around dumb driving that is generally frowned upon and brought up afterwards. Everyone needs to get these people under control like Todd recommended, because it definitely bothered me that these people had to frighten them.

Everything else, with the exception of the bucket idiot, was freaking awesome once again.
Old 05-26-2010, 03:39 PM
Lightning Guy

I agree, that is why I still want to do a fall track event and somehow put the ZdayZ logo on it. Problem is, I don't know ho wmany people would pull the trigger on a two day event at something like CMP. Its not Road ATL, but decent/safe track with all of the things that need to be learned. Asphalt Ventures (our track sponsor) puts these great HPDE/Clinics togehter.

How many peeps interested in an october/november two day event for ~$400/head at http://www.carolinamotorsportspark.com/?

In class instruction as well as in car instruction. Prolly two hours of each day of track time, either 4 30 minute sessions or 5 20s.
Old 05-26-2010, 03:44 PM
Russ@Z1

I would ABSOLUTELY love to do that if I have funds available aka employed by then.
Old 05-26-2010, 04:43 PM
BobaFettm

I agree, that is why I still want to do a fall track event and somehow put the ZdayZ logo on it. Problem is, I don't know ho wmany people would pull the trigger on a two day event at something like CMP. Its not Road ATL, but decent/safe track with all of the things that need to be learned. Asphalt Ventures (our track sponsor) puts these great HPDE/Clinics togehter.

How many peeps interested in an october/november two day event for ~$400/head at http://www.carolinamotorsportspark.com/?

In class instruction as well as in car instruction. Prolly two hours of each day of track time, either 4 30 minute sessions or 5 20s.
its a gosh darn 12 hour drive... That's a loooong trip with the trailer and durango lol... but maybe I can make it a big family event. I have an uncle and aunt in NC and maybe my parents would like to visit them and we could all cram into the durango for a good old family trip.

That or make the track more north but I understand there are a lot of FL homies

Originally Posted by Phreakdout

Brian if you guys need any site space / bandwidth hosting etc let me know! I'll be glad to help out the Michigan Z club in anyway possible! Hell I don't mind taking the helm if you are to busy for a period of time too! I'd really like to see that come back to michigan like we used to have!

I missed the drop top cruise also I was looking forward to sneaking in behind this one this year!! Never got to do the drop top in all the other years of ZdayZ.

and man Injected really has my backing! Last year was amazing to have them bring out the dyno but it was also great to have them here this year! I keep hear the rumblings of their future Exige N/A car which I definitely want to drool over once its finished!

Last edited by BobaFettm; 05-26-2010 at 04:50 PM.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:14 PM
HKYStormFront

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you know i'm in for a track day

Quick Reply: ZdayZ 2010