Upcoming Events Upcoming 350z/370Z/G35/G37 Events

ZDAYZ 2011 (May 19-22, 2011)

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 03:33 PM
SparkleCityHop
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lightning Guy
you can ride with me, all 270 whp and 2740 # of NA noise. My tires might not be worth anything as the hankooks I just ordered are special order only and my A048s are DUN, but they are no worse that street tires, so that ok. take dramamine b4 you get in please. Just cause I don't have carpet doesn't mean that it is OK to spew in the Z
I don't think I'll spew, but anything is possible.

I went through the BMW performance driving school - between my partner driver being a competitive racer and the instructor really showing us a really good time (since I let him have the keys to my Z for a bit), I loved it. We had 3 people in our group "pop" because it was a really hot & humid day - mostly during the instructor ride-alongs. I think that they weren't "looking where we're wanting to go" and were just staring straight ahead.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:16 PM
BobaFettm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lots of brave men have vowed those words before... But understand when he had the Lightning people would leave that thing vomiting their toes out their mouths. I trust his driving 100% but I don't ride with Bryan cuz I know I'd vomit lol. Just be sure to bring a baggy and hang on tight!
Old 05-10-2011, 06:23 PM
Crawling_Drunk

I can give you a ride along as well, all I'm running is a Momentum ST on stock block. It's tuned to 394whp, so it's a fun drive, tho I drift mine and I dunno if there's gonna be any of that in Zdayz.

I got my leave approved, and ready to go. Still undecided if I should ride in my Rota SVNs w/ NT05s or my Work XD9s (Tho they got cheapo sumitomos and some curb rash).
Old 05-10-2011, 06:38 PM
SparkleCityHop
Living in 350Z

Originally Posted by BobaFettm
Lots of brave men have vowed those words before... But understand when he had the Lightning people would leave that thing vomiting their toes out their mouths. I trust his driving 100% but I don't ride with Bryan cuz I know I'd vomit lol. Just be sure to bring a baggy and hang on tight!
Awesome then. I will bring a baggie. To quote the very overused redneck anthem, "Aint skeered".

Originally Posted by Crawling_Drunk
I can give you a ride along as well, all I'm running is a Momentum ST on stock block. It's tuned to 394whp, so it's a fun drive, tho I drift mine and I dunno if there's gonna be any of that in Zdayz.
Very cool. I'm starting to get REALLY excited about it now.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:41 PM
SparkleCityHop
Living in 350Z

Quick question about driving the dragon. My front bumper is much lower than it was last year. Do any of you guys with low front bumpers have problems with clearance in any of the really steep banked curves on the dragon? I'm wondering whether I need to try and trailer my car and bring my stock front bumper to swap out for dragon runs. I'd hate to leave my front bumper on the tree of shame, I've only had it for a few months now.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:12 PM
the_coupe

so i take it you're goin now, hop.....? cool deal. i'll catch up with you there. i doubt you'll have a problem with your car unless you're scrapin road reflectors lol. my cars not any lower, but i have a nismo front on it now.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:13 PM
nfsp g35

Any caravans running up 75 to ATL? I might be on board depending on timing...
Old 05-10-2011, 08:23 PM
SparkleCityHop
Living in 350Z

Originally Posted by the_coupe
so i take it you're goin now, hop.....? cool deal. i'll catch up with you there. i doubt you'll have a problem with your car unless you're scrapin road reflectors lol. my cars not any lower, but i have a nismo front on it now.
Oh, yeah. Have a room this year & took off of work instead of just driving up on Saturday. I should be able to make it to the airstrip event on Thursday too if my work schedule cooperates.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:48 PM
shezzzhot
Abzolutely Zexy

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BobaFettm

I managed to ride with Bryan without hurling when he ran Z Nationals. His skillz are fantastic!

Originally Posted by nfsp g35
Any caravans running up 75 to ATL? I might be on board depending on timing...
Made a thread in the regional section about the Z Club of Florida caravan:
https://my350z.com/forum/south-east/...ml#post9140029

Old 05-11-2011, 04:59 AM
HKYStormFront

Originally Posted by shezzzhot
I managed to ride with Bryan without hurling when he ran Z Nationals. His skillz are fantastic!
yup me too and agree!
Old 05-11-2011, 05:12 AM
Russ@Z1

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Bryan will pre-warn you before he goes off line. You just have to listen for the key words.
Old 05-11-2011, 05:54 AM
nfsp g35

Originally Posted by shezzzhot
Made a thread in the regional section about the Z Club of Florida caravan:
https://my350z.com/forum/south-east/...ml#post9140029

Domo arigato Pamelasan
Old 05-11-2011, 06:04 AM
Lightning Guy

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SparkleCityHop
Quick question about driving the dragon. My front bumper is much lower than it was last year. Do any of you guys with low front bumpers have problems with clearance in any of the really steep banked curves on the dragon? I'm wondering whether I need to try and trailer my car and bring my stock front bumper to swap out for dragon runs. I'd hate to leave my front bumper on the tree of shame, I've only had it for a few months now.
When I had my Blitz bumper it would scrape occasionally. gravity cavity is one of th eworst places to scrape but there are others as well. The blitz hung about 1.5 inches lower than the stock bumper.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:06 AM
Lightning Guy

Originally Posted by russ713
Bryan will pre-warn you before he goes off line. You just have to listen for the key words.
LOL, tru
Old 05-11-2011, 07:47 AM
HKYStormFront

Originally Posted by sp33ddemon19
My girlfriend and I were looking to attend z days this year, I called to make a reservation all they had available was a 2 bedroom cabin we really do not need anything that big for the two of us my question would be is there anyone that will definitely be attending and would be interested in cutting the cost of lodging for say more beer/ fun money/gas money if you are interested please feel free to text or call me and we can go over the details thanks again.

my name is will 407-873-5677
got another friend looking for a place, i gave him your info^^

phreak, did your extra room get taken yet? anyone else?
Old 05-11-2011, 07:59 AM
sig11

Originally Posted by HKYStormFront
got another friend looking for a place, i gave him your info^^

phreak, did your extra room get taken yet? anyone else?
Phreak and I still have 2-3 beds available depending on how we arrange folks. I keep getting a busy signal when I try to get ahold of Fontana to try to switch to 2br from our 3br. :P It would obviously be preferable to get folks willing to pay a full share since we'll be there Wed - Sun.

I can be reached at 248.721.4861 (google voice to text/voice is fine.)
Old 05-11-2011, 10:39 AM
Z1NONLY

Received 95 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by SparkleCityHop
Ok, all you guys with track setups (suspension, BBKs, weight reduction, aftermarket clutch, etc) and you guys that are running FI, I would REALLY like the chance to ride along with a few of you at ZDayz.

I am just now starting to do some fun things with my car and plan on participating in AutoX, Drift & HPDE events starting this year. Once I've made sufficient upgrades to the driver (and believe me, the driver needs upgrades), I plan to go FI.

I want to get a feel and get some real world experience riding inside some different cars to see what I like, what scares me in a good way, and what scares me in a "I would die in that and I don't need that" way.

Thanks in advance for anyone willing to give this noob a ride. I'll be bringing a helmet just in case.
You can ride with me if you want to get a feel for a lightly modded Z. (just the stuff in my sig, no HP mods)
Old 05-11-2011, 01:31 PM
Lightning Guy

Originally Posted by Z1NONLY
You can ride with me if you want to get a feel for a lightly modded Z. (just the stuff in my sig, no HP mods)
Don't let him fool you, he are nutz behind the wheel, just like me
Old 05-11-2011, 01:49 PM
Crawling_Drunk

^^Lol, I'm more mellow on public roads.

Anyone heading to Zdayz from Jacksonville NC or so?
Old 05-11-2011, 02:45 PM
SparkleCityHop
Living in 350Z

Originally Posted by Z1NONLY
That would be great. The track built cars with suspension, LSD & brakes are going to give me an example of what I will be learning on before I even consider adding any more power (FI). Hopefully, I'll be adding coilovers, sways, brakes, & LSD this year. I want to try and spend money that is appropriate for my experience level versus buying things when I'm not a good enough driver to realize the advantages.

Last edited by SparkleCityHop; 05-11-2011 at 02:46 PM.

Quick Reply: ZDAYZ 2011 (May 19-22, 2011)