New StopTech Rear 328mm Big Brake Kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 01:07 AM
Coz@CZP
Sponsor
Concept Z Performance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New StopTech Rear 328mm Big Brake Kit

Stoptech's New 328mm Billet Caliper is out on the market. We cannot sell these kits under $1895, so we are offereing free shipping and $200 worth of any other parts you guys are looking for. For any Front & Rear Kits, just PM or E-mail for package deals.

Here's some info from Stoptech:

The ST-22 2 piston opposed rear caliper is StopTech’s latest design. Initially developed for use on Speed World Challenge Touring Cars (where it already has a race win and numerous podiums), the diminutive billet caliper was designed with stiffness, low weight, and maximum wheel clearance in mind. Another of the primary design objectives for the ST-22 was to have it function with StopTech’s existing ST-40 front brake kits in a balanced manner. Therefore, many current StopTech customers looking for greater rear heat capacity or more balanced aesthetics will be able to simply add the rear ST-22 kit to their existing front ST-40 system without any further modifications.

The ST-22’s refined shape is cut to closely integrate the mounting bracket with the caliper, resulting in superior wheel fitment. The caliper pistons are offset to minimize pad taper, and a popular pad shape is also utilized, so there are many types of street and race friction available. The ST-22 is capable of using 28-42mm pistons, and will be most commonly mated with a 328x28, 332x32, or 355x32mm rotor.

Features:
• Billet Aluminum construction
• 2 Piston opposed rear caliper
• Can be used with any existing front StopTech kit for the same platform
• Correct piston sizes are selected for each application
• Uses common FMSI 0961 pad shape (same as 350Z track model rear caliper)
• All finished parts are made in the USA and pressure tested at 2500psi
• Dust boots are standard
• Weight = 4.4 lbs. / caliper

The new ST-22 rear kit is a fantastic new product for the 350Z/G35 platform. The kit was developed primarily with the owners of the Base, Enthusiast, Performance, or Touring models in mind. All of these models utilize the base rear factory brakes. Many of the owners of these models have purchased our front BBK’s, but have consistently complained of rapid rear pad wear, particularly when the vehicle is used on the racetrack. The factory rear brakes use a tiny rear pad and rotor, and they simply do not have the heat capacity to handle track duty. Up until now, the owner had the option of either 1) constantly replacing the miniscule rear pads as they wore out, or 2) purchasing the StopTech 355mm 4 wheel kit. While the 355mm rear kit has proven to be an effective weapon for combating accelerated pad wear, it is overly large in terms of wheel fitment and weight. The ST-22 is an elegant solution that solves both of these issues. For the 350Z/G35, the ST-22 is mated with a 328x28mm AeroRotor, which has more than enough heat capacity for anything. It has significantly greater heat capacity than the 350Z/G35 Track Model rear kit, which is 322x22mm, and due to the patented AeroRotor design, it also flows substantially more air. Because of the aluminum hat on the AeroRotor, weight vs. the Track Model rear is over 1 lb. less, despite the larger rotor dimensions. Compared to our existing 355mm rear kit, roughly 6lbs per corner are saved (3 lbs. on the caliper, and another 3 lbs. on the rotor assembly). Heat capacity remains ample however. The pad shape for the ST-22 is identical to that of the rear Track Model caliper, so many street and race frictions are currently available.

Old 09-15-2004, 05:53 AM
isugoo

i really like the one 14" kit you're trying to get rid of.. but it was out of my budget.
if you don't mind, can you give me one more qoute for 13"F, and this 13" R in Red/Drilled with your 200 discount deal?
thanks again.
Old 09-15-2004, 08:15 AM
Coz@CZP
Sponsor
Concept Z Performance

Originally posted by isugoo
i really like the one 14" kit you're trying to get rid of.. but it was out of my budget.
if you don't mind, can you give me one more qoute for 13"F, and this 13" R in Red/Drilled with your 200 discount deal?
thanks again.
Sure, i'll get that over to you ASAP.

Coz