Notices
Videos View/post video clips of the Z/G35 here.

2004 Salzburg edition STI

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2016, 08:37 AM
jdmlove1

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2004 Salzburg edition STI

since we started our channel stance arabia.. we reviewed 3 cars

this is my favorite car, this blobeye gave me a great experience

our other episodes

sorry videos in arabic, we still new to film making! your opinions are welcome!
Old 08-18-2016, 09:19 AM
sry110

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Good stuff, thanks for sharing! Funny hearing "frogeye", "blobeye" and "hawkeye" amidst all of the Arabic. Makes me want to pick up a silver blobeye, too!
Old 08-18-2016, 11:22 AM
jdmlove1

^^^ thanx allot, actually its bug eye!
Old 09-02-2016, 01:46 AM
jdmlove1

our 2 latest videos

Old 09-02-2016, 05:26 AM
DARKNIGHTSGIRL

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

God i miss the evo...I have an '06 wrx tr, hawkeye rn, soon be getting a z hopefully.
which would you choose/prefer: Evo or Subaru?
Old 09-04-2016, 09:50 PM
jdmlove1

Originally Posted by DARKNIGHTSGIRL
God i miss the evo...I have an '06 wrx tr, hawkeye rn, soon be getting a z hopefully.
which would you choose/prefer: Evo or Subaru?
i would choose an evo, specially if you will daily it. The Subaru make you feel that you drive more balanced car and more rigid car. also you will feel it handles better, steering wheel feels better than the evo. but the EJ25 is not a reliable engine and need allot of investments if you want more HP.

the evo doesnt handle or give you the feel of well balanced car just like the STI do but you can always invest in suspension although you wont get the same steering feel in the STI or engine sound, the evo 4G63 is a reliable engine made from iron which handles more power easily and more reliable. i drove an evo and sti both having 300 Dyno HP.. the evo pulls much harder while in the subi the sound is awesome but i felt its still need more power to match the 300hp evo.

So if you have another daily beater and you dont care about straight line speed go for the Subi.
Old 09-07-2016, 08:33 AM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,446 Likes on 1,768 Posts

An Evo would be a HORRIBLE choice for a daily driver over a Suby. STIs are FAR more refined and WAY softer than Evos lolol. Evos are brutal for daily driving, especially when you start modifying them. The transmissions are notchy, the suspension is stupid stiff, it's noisy, high strung as hell, etc.

Stock for stock an Evo would out-handle the **** out of an STI. It's been proven time and time again. Evos are scalpels... almost telepathic when it comes to driving. The steering is INSTANT. STIs steering feels sluggish compared to it. Ran both back-to-back at autocross (both stock version) and the Evo would straight embarrass the STI.

Source: Evo owner for over 10 years (daily driven), owned four Subys, built and raced plenty of both
Old 09-08-2016, 05:52 PM
DARKNIGHTSGIRL

Originally Posted by jdmlove1
i would choose an evo, specially if you will daily it. The Subaru make you feel that you drive more balanced car and more rigid car. also you will feel it handles better, steering wheel feels better than the evo. but the EJ25 is not a reliable engine and need allot of investments if you want more HP.

The evo is more stiff and takes corners like its nothing, with a subi, theres too much body roll... The evo is more trustworthy than any subi, but i gotta say, the subi transmission is better than an evos. Don't quote me on this, but supposedly the subaru transmission is basically almost bullet proof. You pay double to build a suby just to try an keep up with an evo, but it still won't catch it...If your wanting mad power go for an evo, you get more power easily building them, but subarus have a bit more torque. Both are good at rally, i love the rumble, raspy sound of a subaru, the evos turbo and blow off valve is sexy af...lol, my opinion anyways, but its whatever. People like what they like. Both are equally good cars, iv had both as a daily, to have more fun and play around with, i prefer the evo, but if your wanting something thats a bit slow, but is a nice tuner, go for a subaru.

the evo doesnt handle or give you the feel of well balanced car just like the STI do but you can always invest in suspension although you wont get the same steering feel in the STI or engine sound, the evo 4G63 is a reliable engine made from iron which handles more power easily and more reliable. i drove an evo and sti both having 300 Dyno HP.. the evo pulls much harder while in the subi the sound is awesome but i felt its still need more power to match the 300hp evo.

The evo is more balanced than a subaru...Subarus have too much body roll, even with some modifications.

So if you have another daily beater and you dont care about straight line speed go for the Subi.
i like my curves.. straight lines..mehh....got too many curvy roads here, its more fun than just going in a straight line. Its especially beautiful duing the fall with the trees, when leaves are slowly falling and they are arched in a way, its peaceful..I love it. EVO FTW lol
Old 09-24-2016, 12:42 PM
jdmlove1

my review for modified tuned 370z

Old 09-26-2016, 05:46 AM
bboypuertoroc

Originally Posted by DARKNIGHTSGIRL
i like my curves.. straight lines..mehh....got too many curvy roads here, its more fun than just going in a straight line. Its especially beautiful duing the fall with the trees, when leaves are slowly falling and they are arched in a way, its peaceful..I love it. EVO FTW lol
I knew there was a reason I liked you.
Old 09-26-2016, 05:51 AM
DARKNIGHTSGIRL

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
I knew there was a reason I liked you.
awe, lol.
Old 09-29-2016, 10:11 AM
Peeps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jdmlove1

EJ25 not reliable? Seriously? The only people with the EJ25 blues are rookies with cobb tunes and silly mods. I own two STI's an 06 and 08. My 06 is will have 250k miles in the next month, my 08 has 196k. Both bone stock on the original head gaskets. Treat the motor well and it will last long. My lower mileage 06 350z seems to also be standing up well, 80k and going strong (yes I have three impractical cars, technically four if you count my wife's completely useless bmw z4).

Evo's on the other hand are trouble. I briefly owned an 07, mostly stock I believe it an exhaust (dealer add-on). Anyhow, that car was constant trouble. Oil consumption, boost issues, valve train problems, transmission issues. By the time I sold it I was convinced the thing must of been made of glass, **** was just always breaking. And it was a new car, bought it with 11 miles on the speedo. Never bought another one or ever desired to own one again. To make matters worse, the car was expensive as hell and had a horrible resale value. Might just be my experience but Evo's are complete garbage.
Old 09-29-2016, 07:48 PM
bboypuertoroc

Originally Posted by Peeps
EJ25 not reliable? Seriously? The only people with the EJ25 blues are rookies with cobb tunes and silly mods. I own two STI's an 06 and 08. My 06 is will have 250k miles in the next month, my 08 has 196k. Both bone stock on the original head gaskets. Treat the motor well and it will last long. My lower mileage 06 350z seems to also be standing up well, 80k and going strong (yes I have three impractical cars, technically four if you count my wife's completely useless bmw z4).

Evo's on the other hand are trouble. I briefly owned an 07, mostly stock I believe it an exhaust (dealer add-on). Anyhow, that car was constant trouble. Oil consumption, boost issues, valve train problems, transmission issues. By the time I sold it I was convinced the thing must of been made of glass, **** was just always breaking. And it was a new car, bought it with 11 miles on the speedo. Never bought another one or ever desired to own one again. To make matters worse, the car was expensive as hell and had a horrible resale value. Might just be my experience but Evo's are complete garbage.
Well, your first problem was buying a 2007 Evo, since they don't exist.

Dealer add on exhaust? el oh el... you got a lemon *** car. Evos have been proven time and time again to take more abuse than Subys.
The following users liked this post:
DARKNIGHTSGIRL (10-03-2016)
Old 09-30-2016, 09:56 PM
terrj

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

EVO has horrible resale value ??? LOL What does that make our Z then ? Subies and Evos has the most inflated resale values ive seen , at least around where i live . Most of them are in the high 100k and priced over 10Gs easily , wtf are these kids thinking ? Dont get me wrong, both cars are nice but thats ridiculous lol
Old 10-01-2016, 09:33 PM
bboypuertoroc

Good luck finding a well cared for Evo for under $20k.
Old 10-04-2016, 07:14 PM
terrj

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
Good luck finding a well cared for Evo for under $20k.
Exactly, they beat the **** outta the car and still expect to get top dollar for it. The kids still buy them regardless though
Old 10-07-2016, 02:10 AM
jdmlove1