Notices
VQ35HR Mods and Support related to the 2007/08 High Revving VQ

i want f****in headers!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 09:35 PM
rkemp1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blazed54
why all this hassle for minimal gains?? just get nos and be done with it. besides can't the hr easily handly 70 shot? or is there a limit to how many times you can use it before you damage your engine? don't know much about nos.
Its late and Im cranky so forgive me if I sound like an ***, but its called nitrous. NOS is a brand of nitrous and only ricers call it "nos".
Old 02-16-2008, 09:45 PM
blazed54

Originally Posted by rkemp1
Its late and Im cranky so forgive me if I sound like an ***, but its called nitrous. NOS is a brand of nitrous and only ricers call it "nos".
true, but i could also argue that NOS is synonymous with nitrous and although you view NOS to be a ricer term, i would not be surprised if more people (non enthusiasts) are familiar with the term NOS than nitrous when it comes to cars.
Same can be said for Xerox. Xerox is a brand and the proper term is photo-copy. but when someone says "i need to xerox this paper" would you go so far as to say "no you're wrong, unless you're using xerox brand, you're actually making a photo-copy"....
Old 02-16-2008, 09:53 PM
2007 Z

Old 02-16-2008, 11:42 PM
Eazzy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Crankiness wont be tolerated !! NOS way !!!!!
Old 02-17-2008, 07:27 AM
T_K

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

true, but i could also argue that NOS is synonymous with nitrous and although you view NOS to be a ricer term, i would not be surprised if more people (non enthusiasts) are familiar with the term NOS than nitrous when it comes to cars.
Same can be said for Xerox. Xerox is a brand and the proper term is photo-copy. but when someone says "i need to xerox this paper" would you go so far as to say "no you're wrong, unless you're using xerox brand, you're actually making a photo-copy"....
Just because everyone is ignorant and accepts the incorrect term, that still doesn't make it right.

TK
Old 02-17-2008, 08:38 AM
rkemp1

Just woke up not cranky anymore! But still if your gonna be an enthusiast you might as well use the right term. You mentioned you dont know much about it so why not help you out with the correct term?
Old 02-17-2008, 08:39 AM
rkemp1

Originally Posted by T_K
Just because everyone is ignorant and accepts the incorrect term, that still doesn't make it right.

TK
My point exactly, but no need for it to be a flame war just a lil bit of edumacation.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:47 AM
Eazzy

Im an enthusiast, thats into Blowing my Nose. I use Kleenix. Although at times I use a different brand, I still call it Kleenix. Sometimes, I ask for Kleenix and get Puffs. I dont complain, I just Blow my Nose

Iv learned valuable lessons here
Old 02-17-2008, 12:01 PM
2007 Z

While in the grand scheme of things it really doesn't matter. It can mean the difference between someone who knows a lot about what they are talking about and someone who doesn't. Correct terminology usually denotes a higher understanding of the subject. So if you would like to "appear" to be knowledgeable about a subject, I suggest using the correct terminology.

Knowledge of tissues and photo copies are a lot different than knowledge of engines, but I get your point. Example: Would you like a mechanic working on your car who you don't know and who calls things, "do-hickies" and such? Get my point?
Old 02-17-2008, 12:11 PM
invazn

i gave my mechanic a hickey.
Old 02-17-2008, 12:13 PM
elnonio

Originally Posted by T_K

TK
That's how language evolve, for better or worse. How closely does what we speak today resemble "old" (pick your fav century) English? One last thought: FedEx. Anyone in this board actually still remember them as Federal Express, and why they changed their name?

But back on topic: also agree headers are not worth it at this point, unless someone comes out with a highly tuned header-to-exhaust-tip system.

Me? I'd still like to see underdrive pulleys, then maybe I'd do an oversized oil pan (what the h3ll, go with a cooler too). And truth be told, the stock exhaust is starting to sound a bit like crap too, no life.

Antonio (thinks his roadster sounds like a sedan)
Old 02-17-2008, 12:15 PM
Eazzy

Well ---after over 35 years of building motors, Iv gotten to the point I can stumble through the terminology.

My point was---If I ask for Kleenex, I dont expect that person to run off to the store if all they have is Puffs----I dont give a FUKC, all I want to do is blow my damn nose

At times, people that are just learning things get a little **** about trivia. Possibly to prove they are knowlegable and technically astute

*goes to the bathroom to grab a hunk of toilet paper to blow nose*
Old 02-17-2008, 12:25 PM
2007 Z

Originally Posted by Eazzzzzzy
Well ---after over 35 years of building motors, Iv gotten to the point I can stumble through the terminology.

My point was---If I ask for Kleenex, I dont expect that person to run off to the store if all they have is Puffs----I dont give a FUKC, all I want to do is blow my damn nose

At times, people that are just learning things get a little **** about trivia. Possibly to prove they are knowlegable and technically astute

*goes to the bathroom to grab a hunk of toilet paper to blow nose*
I don't know how it is with you, but in my profession the poeple who really know their **** use proper terminology. Not because they are **** about it, but because they have so much experience in the field that the proper terms are second nature to them. I'm certain that if you go to a Puffs factory, none of their experienced employees call the tissues Kleenex, lol. But call it what you will, apples and oranges...
Old 02-17-2008, 05:55 PM
Eazzy

I rest my case in regards to **** trivia. Guilty as charged. Court dismissed
Old 02-17-2008, 06:09 PM
2007 Z

Old 02-17-2008, 07:37 PM
jcleary47

You are forgetting that an enthusiast that makes a big deal out of someone referring to it as NOS instead of Nitrous isn't an enthusiast, he's an ignorant jackass.

Get real, you knew exactly what he meant when he called it NOS. If he referred to Nitrous as an orange, it would be reasonable to have a hissy fit, but he didn't.

Don't be fake, it isn't attractive.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:47 PM
2007 Z

Originally Posted by jcleary47
You are forgetting that an enthusiast that makes a big deal out of someone referring to it as NOS instead of Nitrous isn't an enthusiast, he's an ignorant jackass.

Get real, you knew exactly what he meant when he called it NOS. If he referred to Nitrous as an orange, it would be reasonable to have a hissy fit, but he didn't.

Don't be fake, it isn't attractive.
So what's the popular term for someone who makes a big deal about an enthusiast who makes a big deal about proper terminology?

I love it!
Old 02-17-2008, 08:26 PM
jcleary47

Originally Posted by 2007-Z
So what's the popular term for someone who makes a big deal about an enthusiast who makes a big deal about proper terminology?

I love it!

A whistleblower.

Thanks for playing.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:32 PM
2007 Z

Originally Posted by jcleary47
A whistleblower.

Thanks for playing.
Perhaps, but at least this alledged enthusiast* uses manners, treats people with respect, and doesn't have to resort to name-calling, especially on the first post.

Last edited by 2007 Z; 02-17-2008 at 08:36 PM.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:08 PM
thanh27

Originally Posted by 2007-Z
I don't know how it is with you, but in my profession the poeple who really know their **** use proper terminology. Not because they are **** about it, but because they have so much experience in the field that the proper terms are second nature to them. I'm certain that if you go to a Puffs factory, none of their experienced employees call the tissues Kleenex, lol. But call it what you will, apples and oranges...
You must not work in the mortgage industry, a profession where MANY "people who really know their ****" use nicknames, abbreviations, and acronyms. It's common and even sometimes REQUIRED to learn depending on what you do...specifically Underwriter's. I understand your point of view, but don't you think you went just a little overboard and defending it a bit too strongly?

Quick Reply: i want f****in headers!!!!