Notices
VQ35HR Mods and Support related to the 2007/08 High Revving VQ

am i the only one

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 01:50 PM
carbonsilver07

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default am i the only one

whos had throttle problems? About a month a ago or more i took my car in for service due to the the car stalling out multiple times(its an auto) and when id step on the gas pedal the engine would not get gas this also triggered my check engine light.They fixed the problem or so i thought by replacing the throttle chamber and all of the sensors and what not and it was running fine until a couple of days ago when i started having similar issues and service engine soon light. I took the car in for service this morning and they called me stating that the issue is a leak in the throttle gasket so there over nighting the part to have it corrected by tommorw.just wondering if anyone esle has had any similar issues. i am also thinking of having them do nismo s tune exhaust an suspension if anyone has either or both of these on there hr your opionion would be appricated
Old 04-09-2008, 03:36 PM
mcarlomagno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

eh...

#1 - buy a 6-speed next time.
#2 - i haven't heard of this problem before. do you literally mean the engine wouldn't get gas? or it's not accelerating? if it's not getting, gas - your engine will get toasted fast. either way, not a good symptom.