Notices
VQ35HR Mods and Support related to the 2007/08 High Revving VQ

Performance Factory HR testicle/s transplant

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 07:24 PM
EludeR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance Factory HR ********/s transplant

Correct me if I'am wrong, but I believe Performance Factory has modified a HKS DE kit for our year cars. Has any information/pictures been disclosed ? I have been playing cold turkey until someone releases something worthwhile for our year cars (aside from a exhaust mod) and would like for something else to play with aside from the usual P.M.A. at college. Unfortunately at this rate... it seems that jesus will come back to earth before anything that will give the HR Z/G37 a pair hits the market.
Old 04-27-2008, 08:12 PM
g356gear

Engine management is still the big issue.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:47 PM
invazn

Originally Posted by g356gear
Engine management is still the big issue.
anyone who has the pockets to fund a custom turbo kit probably wont hesitate to pay for an fcon..
Old 04-27-2008, 10:30 PM
EludeR

Originally Posted by invazn
anyone who has the pockets to fund a custom turbo kit probably wont hesitate to pay for an fcon..
I still don't see why the stock ECU/ECM can not be reflashed to make the appropriate changes. I would much rather use a stock reflashed ECU, unfortunately reflashing can prove to be just as costly in the long run. Wish their was something like uberdata/chr0me/neptune (honda) for our cars.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:42 PM
Peak350

PF is using a haltech on the car hes talking about.

Haven't heard anything on it yet though.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:39 AM
invazn

Originally Posted by EludeR
I still don't see why the stock ECU/ECM can not be reflashed to make the appropriate changes. I would much rather use a stock reflashed ECU, unfortunately reflashing can prove to be just as costly in the long run. Wish their was something like uberdata/chr0me/neptune (honda) for our cars.
you can run a boosted car off a flash. turbonetics offers that. it just isnt as efficient as a custom tune.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:39 AM
invazn

Originally Posted by Peak350
PF is using a haltech on the car hes talking about.

Haven't heard anything on it yet though.
haltech works on the HR? either way, its a hefty price tag.

Last edited by invazn; 04-28-2008 at 11:43 AM.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:41 AM
EludeR

you can run a boosted car off a flash. turbonetics offers that. it just isnt as efficient as a custom tune.
Yes i'am well aware of that. The software I was referring to will let you tune/retune your car as many times as you want (some of them on the fly). Essentially turning your factory ECU into a standalone (ala hondata). But there is nothing like that available for our cars.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:43 AM
invazn

i guess osiris would be the equivalent to the companies you listed.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:53 AM
Peak350

haltech works on the HR? either way, its a hefty price tag.
Thats what they implied. I am however, not aware of how the tuning is going. Theres no reason it shouldn't work, the car has a new wiring setup, not a new and unheard of computer that can't be over-ridden.

3k in a 10k+ setup isn't that bad, considering the next closest option is $1500 and the haltech tunes cam timing as well.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:53 AM
EludeR

Although the pricing is not bad, this does not give you the ability to tune your vehicle yourself. It looks like they just give you three rom's and the ability to upload them to the ECU + switch between them. It also looks like you have to pay extra for datalogging features as well.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:10 PM
EludeR

Here is what I'am talking about:

http://hondata.com/s300.html

For $600 you can do much more than the $700 option that invazn listed. That includes the software and the ability to tune the ECU via realtime + datalogging. Best of all it retains all of the positives of the OEM ECU, and you do not have the go through any wiring shennigans. There is no real reason why there is not something like this available for our cars. Hell even the ford guys have options similar to this hondata option available for new mustangs and other ford applications. A FORD with better options for crying out loud! A freaking ford (it will probably be broken down or recalled before you can truly finish a tune -- and they have better options than we do!).
Old 04-28-2008, 01:03 PM
Peak350

160k mustangs per year compared with <30k Z's per year. Its simple economics, there isn't enough demand to make the price lower than the piggybacks, and the piggybacks does have its advantages (boost and nitrous control).
Old 04-28-2008, 03:20 PM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,446 Likes on 1,768 Posts

Sucks that they haven't figured out anything similar to ECUFlash on Evos for the Z yet.

ECUFlash>most other stock ECU tuning methods

$75 for Tactrix cable+free flashing software>all
Old 04-28-2008, 03:48 PM
Peak350

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
Sucks that they haven't figured out anything similar to ECUFlash on Evos for the Z yet.

ECUFlash>most other stock ECU tuning methods

$75 for Tactrix cable+free flashing software>all
Its not that big of a deal though.

I mean, honestly, I want a good outside tuning option (Fcon pro or better) if I'm going FI because I want boost adjustment, multiple maps, datalogging, etc. and on an ECU intended to use a MAP. If I'm tuning NA I'll grab an e-manage and V-manage and just stay cheap and easy.
Old 04-28-2008, 04:02 PM
bboypuertoroc

Its not that big of a deal though.

I mean, honestly, I want a good outside tuning option (Fcon pro or better) if I'm going FI because I want boost adjustment, multiple maps, datalogging, etc. and on an ECU intended to use a MAP. If I'm tuning NA I'll grab an e-manage and V-manage and just stay cheap and easy.
It's a huge deal when you can do all of that (plus more) for $100 ($75 for the cable and $25 for EvoScan (datalogger)).
Old 04-28-2008, 04:35 PM
Peak350

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
It's a huge deal when you can do all of that (plus more) for $100 ($75 for the cable and $25 for EvoScan (datalogger)).
I can get an e-manage for $100-120...that tunes all but the valve timing, I know its annoying, but tuning in the factory ECU on our cars for boost is going to be problematic...
Old 04-28-2008, 04:38 PM
bboypuertoroc

I can get an e-manage for $100-120...that tunes all but the valve timing, I know its annoying, but tuning in the factory ECU on our cars for boost is going to be problematic...
I know, and it's unfortunate. Then again, it wasn't built for boost in the first place.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:29 AM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hey guys, the car HAS been done for a little while now, probably like two to three weeks as far as the turbos, exhaust, piping, intercooler , ect.

we are working back and forth with Haltech on getting it running properly, we hard wired in a Haltech. everything SHOULD be done by friday.

the HR is a completely different animal when it comes to crank and cam triggering. nothing yet will be able to control it unless you can get into the back and set it all up properly. wont be long, i will throw up some pictures here soon...
Old 04-29-2008, 06:57 AM
Peak350

Originally Posted by Audible Mayhem
hey guys, the car HAS been done for a little while now, probably like two to three weeks as far as the turbos, exhaust, piping, intercooler , ect.

we are working back and forth with Haltech on getting it running properly, we hard wired in a Haltech. everything SHOULD be done by friday.

the HR is a completely different animal when it comes to crank and cam triggering. nothing yet will be able to control it unless you can get into the back and set it all up properly. wont be long, i will throw up some pictures here soon...
I'm curious for more information on the EMS. Are you saying the position sensors are largely different, or the output to the CTVC? The output looked (when I dug through the service manual) like a varying pulse width (typical) output, but I dunno what the DE's had.

Keep us posted, I'm very jealous of the owner too.

Quick Reply: Performance Factory HR testicle/s transplant