Notices
VQ35HR Mods and Support related to the 2007/08 High Revving VQ

Injen True CAI for the HR!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 07:33 PM
Chad68

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When you guys do a dyno are you going to put a box fan in front of the filter to repliacte the car being in motion?
Old 07-14-2008, 08:58 PM
A.H

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes before and after
Old 07-15-2008, 10:24 PM
A.H

I am sorry but due to recent events I will not be doing a before and after dyno with these intakes. I will however have a final dyno with these in there. That won't be till mid-August.

-Arsh
Old 07-16-2008, 08:35 PM
KGsZ

Originally Posted by A.H
I am sorry but due to recent events I will not be doing a before and after dyno with these intakes. I will however have a final dyno with these in there. That won't be till mid-August.

-Arsh
Ah that sucks!! Have you felt a difference in power after you installed it?
Old 07-17-2008, 12:23 AM
A.H

Originally Posted by KGsZ
Ah that sucks!! Have you felt a difference in power after you installed it?
ON the butt dyno I have really felt some decent power increases. Especially in the top end along with the midrange. It just pulls so much harder than my car when it had teh stillen intake. If i had to take a guess I would say like 4-8 more WHP was gained(forget about that 15-18 they claimed. Thats how much i gained from the reflash and that gain was much more significant than the addition of these intakes). And as for the sound goes: Right now i only have this intake and a reflash on my car as every exhaust component is stock for now. And i have to say that this intake is about 2 full times louder than the stillen intake, which was alreadly loud to begin with. Although I believe the stillen had a better tone, the injen does not sound bad, but not as good as the stillen. And in return for this, you get more power from the injen and it is louder. Now installation was a little tricky. Although I didn't do it myself, courtesy of Precision Z, the fittings of this intake showed that maybe Injen did not spend enough R&D into this product as they claimed. THe silcone and pieces of this kit just were not sized properly, which would have made the install much cleaner. And on the left side i had to take one bumper plug out because it was directly poking and putting a lot of pressure on the black silocone tubing leading to teh filters inside the bumper. Another issue was with hydrolocking. Ed at precision Z told me he had seen hydrolocking problems with these products(i personally thought this technology just came out) with the g35 but the HR design seems to be very good with the filteres pretty high up. All in all I would give this product a 9/10 for meeting my expectations. I would buy it over again in a heartbeat.

*If anyone is interested I could make a very short sound clip before my exhaust components get installed.

EDIT: Just went on a small little canyon run at arund 630 this morning and wow. These intakes are amazing. They make the car pull so much harder its unbelieveable. I felt gains yesturday on my drive home but that was in 98 degree weather(maybe higher). Just drove the car in 65-70 degree weather and the power difference from yesturday to today is very noticable. Just wanted to let you guys know how impressed I am with these.

-Arsh

Last edited by A.H; 07-17-2008 at 06:06 AM.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:17 AM
hotshot350

A.h. that is awesome that you feel more power. i really cant wait to get mine now. My black tubes should be shipping out tomorrow from stillen if they recieve the intakes at a early time frow injen. can you please post a soundclip with ur stock exhaust. Thanks
Old 07-17-2008, 06:27 AM
A.H

I'll have the soundclip up before the end of the night tonight but i appologize ahead of time for shitty quality cause all i have is a digital camera.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:24 AM
asmvp84

good to hear at least these things do get a little more power
Old 07-17-2008, 09:19 AM
KGsZ

Originally Posted by A.H
ON the butt dyno I have really felt some decent power increases. Especially in the top end along with the midrange. It just pulls so much harder than my car when it had teh stillen intake. If i had to take a guess I would say like 4-8 more WHP was gained(forget about that 15-18 they claimed. Thats how much i gained from the reflash and that gain was much more significant than the addition of these intakes). And as for the sound goes: Right now i only have this intake and a reflash on my car as every exhaust component is stock for now. And i have to say that this intake is about 2 full times louder than the stillen intake, which was alreadly loud to begin with. Although I believe the stillen had a better tone, the injen does not sound bad, but not as good as the stillen. And in return for this, you get more power from the injen and it is louder. Now installation was a little tricky. Although I didn't do it myself, courtesy of Precision Z, the fittings of this intake showed that maybe Injen did not spend enough R&D into this product as they claimed. THe silcone and pieces of this kit just were not sized properly, which would have made the install much cleaner. And on the left side i had to take one bumper plug out because it was directly poking and putting a lot of pressure on the black silocone tubing leading to teh filters inside the bumper. Another issue was with hydrolocking. Ed at precision Z told me he had seen hydrolocking problems with these products(i personally thought this technology just came out) with the g35 but the HR design seems to be very good with the filteres pretty high up. All in all I would give this product a 9/10 for meeting my expectations. I would buy it over again in a heartbeat.

*If anyone is interested I could make a very short sound clip before my exhaust components get installed.

EDIT: Just went on a small little canyon run at arund 630 this morning and wow. These intakes are amazing. They make the car pull so much harder its unbelieveable. I felt gains yesturday on my drive home but that was in 98 degree weather(maybe higher). Just drove the car in 65-70 degree weather and the power difference from yesturday to today is very noticable. Just wanted to let you guys know how impressed I am with these.

-Arsh
Wow man I am so Glad to hear this.
This sucks though. I didnt really think it was gunna be any good so i just got my 500 bucks and bought an exhaust for my dads truck. Now i gotta start saving up cause i gotta have it.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:20 AM
jgregory124

so is it the tune or the intake or both thats made power?.......I have always been a fan of one mod at a time, just because you know what your gains are. Im not disputing any of your mods or any thing you have done for the HR community.....Thats great there need to be more guys like you out there.....Im just curious if these mods compliment each other or which one over all is the best bang for the buck
Old 07-17-2008, 01:15 PM
A.H

Originally Posted by jgregory124
so is it the tune or the intake or both thats made power?.......I have always been a fan of one mod at a time, just because you know what your gains are. Im not disputing any of your mods or any thing you have done for the HR community.....Thats great there need to be more guys like you out there.....Im just curious if these mods compliment each other or which one over all is the best bang for the buck
IMO i think the reflash is the best bang for the buck, then test pipes, then this intake. Now I too am a little confused on the results I am feeling as i have not done independent dynos. All i have on my car right now is the reflash with a custom tune to my dominator, test pipes, and stillen intake along with the injen dual intake. Before the injen was installed i had teh reflash and stillen intake only. Now idk how this is effecting the results of this intake and was hoping to speak to teh tuner, Tadashi, but he is in vacation in Japan. I definetly need to retune but that won't be until i have all my performance mods in. I am not claiming a 20 WHP gain for this intake but imo i believe that these do in fact gain HP and most importantly don't lose any. If they gain more than any other current intake, well i have no proof. I have no dynos to back it up as i am strapped for cash right now and I am sorry about that. I think before I do a before and after dyno for the headers I am going to have Tadashi flash me back to stock until i get the after dyno(after i speak with him to see what effect the reflash has in creating bias).
Old 07-17-2008, 01:49 PM
jgregory124

cool that sounds great...but dont lose site of your goals just because you dont have independent dynos......Post up some pictures and videos I would love to hear what your car sounds like. Oh yeah how are you liking your Valve body upgrade?
Old 07-17-2008, 02:27 PM
A.H

Originally Posted by jgregory124
cool that sounds great...but dont lose site of your goals just because you dont have independent dynos......Post up some pictures and videos I would love to hear what your car sounds like. Oh yeah how are you liking your Valve body upgrade?
NP on the pics and videos. Gonna get them up tonight. And i wrote a review of teh valvebody in some other thread cause i didn't feel the need to open up a new one. Too lazy to find it but its basically amazing and I love it more every day. Brings life to the car at redline and while driving in DRive it shifts so smoothly you woudln't know i had it. Shifts hard enough to chirp wheels 1-2 and 2-3 while sucking you into your seat. Brings a sensation that after you shift a ton of power is coming your way. It's awsome and you'll hear the in the video clip but i do not believe its worth the money. If you can install it yourself then it'll set you back 250 but if you want all work done by gtm its like 1200. And you have to be extra careful when doing canyon runs. When you are exiting a corner and shift and chirp the car might spin out so its one more thing to think about. I would give it a 8/10 for amazing product and quality but high price.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:31 PM
jgregory124

thanks man if you can find that review send me a link
Old 07-17-2008, 02:53 PM
visionz

Originally Posted by A.H

-Arsh
I'm glad you like it! Tell Ed hydrolocking issue is BS, you should see where the G37 filters are located. Ed has seen mine and he didn't say anything. Talk about cutting it close. The pressure on silicone tubes are there, but I left all my bumper plugs on with no issue.

I told you they rock!
Old 07-17-2008, 02:57 PM
A.H

Originally Posted by visionz
I'm glad you like it! Tell Ed hydrolocking issue is BS, you should see where the G37 filters are located. Ed has seen mine and he didn't say anything. Talk about cutting it close. The pressure on silicone tubes are there, but I left all my bumper plugs on with no issue.

I told you they rock!
No doubt theses are awsome and worth the money. And Ed said that the filters are apparently good on the HR motors but injen's old designs were too far down. IDK im jsut goign to let it go. And i can live without one bumper plug on the passenger side. Anyway thx for your contribution to the development of these intakes and you were right on your initial impressions vision. Thank you
Old 07-17-2008, 03:55 PM
whoopazz1

Good to hear, waiting for vids.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:11 PM
A.H

Took the video and pics. Just am busy till very late. Should have them up around 1-2 am.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:03 PM
jgregory124

cool bro cant wait
Old 07-17-2008, 09:54 PM
hotshot350

video? pics? maybe i can borrow your intakes untill i get mine lol

Quick Reply: Injen True CAI for the HR!!!