Notices
VQ35HR Mods and Support related to the 2007/08 High Revving VQ

got back my ECU from Technosquare

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 10:39 PM
350Zimo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by A.H
I've read threw all the threads talking about headers on the HR and most people believe that headers will not help or help very little. I decided that I am ok wiht that and will be the guinea pig for everyone since the increased sound and even 5 HP is worth it to me, especially since I am going with a custom single turbonetics turbo in about 3 months. So if headers don't play a big role now they hopefully will when im FI.
well, good luck to you. I hope i am wrong and you get what you want. I personally am going to get twin turbo kit as a next mod. Unfortunately nobody knows when that's going to be. I am done moding the Z for now.
Old 05-30-2008, 03:42 AM
reserved

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 350Zimo
I personally am going to get twin turbo kit as a next mod. Unfortunately nobody knows when that's going to be.
Well, IMHO, it may never happen. We are now in the second year of a three year run for this engine and still nothing has been released. I just don't see it making financial sense for Greddy or anyone else to make the investment necessary to bring such a product to the marketplace.
I hope I'm wrong, I just feel that the longer it takes, the less likely we will ever see it.
Old 05-30-2008, 05:55 AM
sintaxeror

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by reserved
Well, IMHO, it may never happen. We are now in the second year of a three year run for this engine and still nothing has been released. I just don't see it making financial sense for Greddy or anyone else to make the investment necessary to bring such a product to the marketplace.
I hope I'm wrong, I just feel that the longer it takes, the less likely we will ever see it.
Performance Factory is going to have quite the waiting list.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:19 AM
sharaabi

dont break my heart man ...im waiting for my 07 warranty to be over so i can do some kinda mods to it... as for me, i just have fun on the track and take fast turns and FI or TURBO was my choice.
Greddy's kit is like $10,000 isnt it?

anywayz, i wish everyone luck on here.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:34 AM
newt0n

lol no TT for the HR. I highly doubt that. Someone will corner the market by releasing a kit. As soon as they do someone else will release one for competition and from there on it is all downhill.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:14 AM
singh

We are now in the second year of a three year run for this engine...
Wait a minute. Isn't the HR only for the 07-08 model years? The 09 will be the newly designed 370Z with the 3.7 liter engine.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:57 AM
White Heat

The 03-06 engine didn't have much longer of a run that the HR will, and it had a bunch of turbo and supercharger options.

Just sayin'.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:19 AM
supernadc2
Banned

Originally Posted by White Heat
The 03-06 engine didn't have much longer of a run that the HR will, and it had a bunch of turbo and supercharger options.
Problem is while the 03-06 was out there was no 07-08 to think about. Now that there is going to be a 09 soon most of the head manufactures are going to hold on because they probably assume there is going to be a bigger market. According to what i have heard from the guys who im pretty close to at the local nissan dealership is these companies just dont want to waste money and resources on limited production the HR came to a fast end.

BUT IM STILL KEEPIN HOPES HIGH!! lol. If not there is always the custom set ups. I actually wanted to go the Vortech route and when i called they said that the HR is in the talks but nothing official. The branch in Ventura, CA said they would be glad to check out someones HR if they could let them do some research for about a week or so. Unfortunately im just not able to go with out a car for a week or little more. Any volunteers lol?? Possibly a free kit or maybe install i dunno.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:37 AM
350Zimo

I always thought that the VQ35HR and the G37's motor will have a compatible turbo kit. since exhausts, intakes, and in general most of the after market parts are compatible I think that making a turbo kit for the 35HR and just tweaking it a bit to match the 37HR (with VVTI or whatever it is) would be a profitable move for most of the aftermarket companies
Old 05-30-2008, 09:55 AM
Sergio07350Z

A.H you should post a video and show us how hard your z pulls after all of those upgrades?
Old 05-30-2008, 10:17 AM
A.H

Well my whole exhaust is stock right now till i get everything installed next thursday and the valvebody upgrade installed monday. Got a modified exhaust ticket so i had to take it out. I will show the before and after dynos for the headers and i guess i can make a sound clip from the outside as well as a clip from the inside. But i can tell you that their is a very good amount of power. Enough to yerk your whole body into your seat BTW anyone local is welcome to come by hear it in person or go for a ride inside.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:00 AM
350Zimo

Originally Posted by A.H
Well my whole exhaust is stock right now till i get everything installed next thursday and the valvebody upgrade installed monday. Got a modified exhaust ticket so i had to take it out. I will show the before and after dynos for the headers and i guess i can make a sound clip from the outside as well as a clip from the inside. But i can tell you that their is a very good amount of power. Enough to yerk your whole body into your seat BTW anyone local is welcome to come by hear it in person or go for a ride inside.
definitely lets us know your impressions of the valvebody. I cant wait till tomorrow, when i install the TP's. I can make a clip and post it tomorrow, that would be an easy one for me.
Old 05-30-2008, 01:49 PM
A.H

No probelm. I'll post a thread and review the valvebody, which im expecting to be very good, along with the stillen headers dyno charts and review. Might as well kill two birds with one stone
Old 05-30-2008, 02:26 PM
Sergio07350Z

A.H how much money if you dont mind me askin did you spent on your setup
Old 05-30-2008, 10:22 PM
A.H

About 15K(including install cause i really don't diy anything). And thats not including how much useless money i've spent getting this exhasut then wanting that exhasut and gettting this suspension then wanting that suspenison and the same with rims and spoilers and etc. But at the end of the day i love the car i drive cause its unique to my tastes instead of having a stock car thats much more expensive.

Last edited by A.H; 05-31-2008 at 07:44 AM.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:40 PM
vnarang

Right now the way I see it, although the release of the 370Z/Next-Gen Z is inevitable, it is a still rumor, as we do not have much information. So I think it would be to GReddy's advantage to release SOMETHING, and see how many orders are placed in a month, and work from there. It's a business move, I mean a TT Kit has already been made, but after SEMA, nothing, absolutely NOTHING has been said about this kit.

I don't know what the **** I just wrote. Hope you can make some sense of it.
Old 05-31-2008, 08:29 AM
newt0n

wow 15k huh. how much of that was spent in the engine?
Old 05-31-2008, 12:17 PM
A.H

4Kish installed. BTw about the technosquare reflash. Right now my car engine wise is stock besides the air intakes(Dominator, test pipes, headers on next thursday) and it still preforms pretty well. Acceleration is pretty satisfying now but of course could be better. Just to let those know who are thinking about the reflash on a stock car.
Old 05-31-2008, 01:19 PM
bsomthin

when u reflash can you re map you fuel?
Old 05-31-2008, 06:12 PM
Sergio07350Z

iis there an update on the videos?

Quick Reply: got back my ECU from Technosquare