Notices
VQ35HR Mods and Support related to the 2007/08 High Revving VQ

*HR Dyno Experiment @ National Speed Wilmington NC July 5th*

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 06:57 PM
Chi-TownWarrior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I said I'd be there. I'll do whatever I can to help. Instead of removing parts from your car we can use mine as a base since I'm stock at just over 2K miles.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:36 PM
jgregory124

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by App6MT
I'm not trying to be a dick but really what intakes show gains on a non moving dyno? That kinda goes against everything they were designed to do. Unless the stock airbox is completely cluttered and does not breath, do you really expect to show anything when there is no velocity stack affect on the intakes?

what you are saying is a statement. I am trying to make a fact out of a statement......I cant do that with out support.......as I stated I will being doing this will numerous product for the HR over a period of time....intakes, exhaust, hfc, test pipes, headers I just really need Z owner support......in what ever form sending me parts, helping me turn wrenches, sh*t if you want to send me $5 to put towards the cause.....any help would benefit not only myself as a Z owner but the HR research and development; before you spend money on a product you will know fact not statement but fact.........
Old 06-19-2008, 08:40 PM
jgregory124

Originally Posted by Chi-TownWarrior
I said I'd be there. I'll do whatever I can to help. Instead of removing parts from your car we can use mine as a base since I'm stock at just over 2K miles.

that would be great but there is a problem with that....there are to many variables from car to car...we have to stick to one platform........my car is an automatic autos generally have more drivetrain loss than a manual......if my car makes power with these mods then a manual should certainly attain the same if not better numbers
Old 06-20-2008, 04:37 AM
App6MT

Originally Posted by jgregory124
what you are saying is a statement. I am trying to make a fact out of a statement......I cant do that with out support.......as I stated I will being doing this will numerous product for the HR over a period of time....intakes, exhaust, hfc, test pipes, headers I just really need Z owner support......in what ever form sending me parts, helping me turn wrenches, sh*t if you want to send me $5 to put towards the cause.....any help would benefit not only myself as a Z owner but the HR research and development; before you spend money on a product you will know fact not statement but fact.........
It's not a statement, people have tried this in the past and have failed to show any gains.

I think you will see gains with:
Exhaust
HFC/TP
Tune

Everything else is a waste.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:14 AM
jgregory124

dont you want to know for sure?
Old 06-20-2008, 10:22 AM
JOEGYVER

I removed my AAM nonresonated testpipes on my 07 5AT because of awful vibration due to resonating and also the CEL. If we ever find a fix for the CEL on HRs, I'll reinstall them and address the resonating issue. Let me know when you wish to do TPs. I am heading to Cleveland on the 26th, driving through NC, could meet you somewhere to hand off in person to save shipping possibly. -Joe
Old 06-20-2008, 10:28 AM
App6MT

dont you want to know for sure?
I already know for sure.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:03 PM
411Z

^^^^idiot......

get a variable speed hi-power fan, and stick it in front of the car. the shop might have one. with one or two fans, you could simulate air going into the intakes at speed. probably not at 65mph, but the gain your looking for is dead idle to wide open throttle.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:18 PM
D'sNuts

This just seems strange to me, we already know what parts do and do not make power for the HR, plenty of reviews and dynos have already taken place on most if not all the performance parts that are on the market that you are talking about testing (if you have been checking HR forum frequently). I dont see any benefit to this, Seems like an idea that your just throwing out there on a personal whim.

Last edited by D'sNuts; 06-20-2008 at 12:21 PM.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:58 PM
jgregory124

there are all kinds of dyno comparisons on the de just not the hr.......sure there are a couple different dynos done on with hfcs but the dynos have not been the same for example a dynojet is different from a mustang dyno...where is the consistency? ...there is not going to be any variable here...all intakes will be installed on my car and just my car on the same dyno...if they make power great if they dont great we now know what intake not to buy

http://blogs.cobbtuning.com/?p=160

sure this has been done, not quite the same...above in the link a half hearted effort...but where are my dyno sheets, where is the stillen intake, what about drop in k&n filters, or the new K&N intake or the new injen, jwt?

reviews what reviews? but dyno tells me....sounds better.... a couple of guys have done dynos great...that is what needs to be done

bottom line I am not a company trying to sell you a product...I will not lie to you and tell you my product makes power when it doesnt.....I am an individual trying to obtain knowledge....now you ask what I get for doing this....a thinner wallet...putting time and effort info a forum to benefit fellow z owners

Last edited by jgregory124; 06-20-2008 at 01:01 PM.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:06 PM
jgregory124

so many times we ask about a product on the forums and we are told to search...well I have searched and searched and asked questions and pmed and posted......I am still not satisfied.....so Im doing the research myself.....of coarse not every one agrees to this methodology.....I dont trust a companies product review of there own product....
Old 06-21-2008, 01:01 AM
CLASSIFIED

Exclamation I got your back MAN

Hey I am currently active air force and getting back into the country on the 23rd. I have a complete bone stock 2007 Z with brand new nismo CIAs, AAM test pipes and AAM true dual exhaust. I am willing to send or drive to this event to help in the research with the parts I have. Send me a PM if you need some information from me. All mods I have are still in the original packaging and never installed. Let me know. This sounds like an interesting event and I am willing to do anything to help!!! Research starts the bench mark for improvement!
Old 06-21-2008, 10:04 AM
Chi-TownWarrior

Originally Posted by CLASSIFIED
Hey I am currently active air force and getting back into the country on the 23rd. I have a complete bone stock 2007 Z with brand new nismo CIAs, AAM test pipes and AAM true dual exhaust. I am willing to send or drive to this event to help in the research with the parts I have. Send me a PM if you need some information from me. All mods I have are still in the original packaging and never installed. Let me know. This sounds like an interesting event and I am willing to do anything to help!!! Research starts the bench mark for improvement!
come on down
Old 06-21-2008, 11:02 AM
ncparamedic
Prodigal Son

Wish i could be there to help ya man. I wont leave here until 24 July and will only have a week or so at home before leaving to move to Houston though. Maybe something will be going on for that time i am home. I have a lot of mods i need to get on before leaving..maybe i can get your help with those (suspension/bbk/seats). I can always pay for it.

As far as the dyno comparison, I think this is a great idea. If you need some money for more dyno time let me know. I can paypal you some. Im hoping you will get some good numbers with different setups. Right now i am contemplating the Injen CAI when it comes out along with the Injen Track SES and Fast Intention HFC's.

LMK.

Sandy
Old 06-21-2008, 06:34 PM
jgregory124

thanks guys for all the support i will get back to on monday as much info as I can..............
Old 06-22-2008, 05:20 PM
Billhyco

i guess for the people that do ricer math then i can see how they wouldn't be interested in what Jason is trying to accomplish.

ie: HFC says 8hp
Injen exhaust says 12hp
K&N drop in says 11hp

well damn by my ricer match I have added 31hp to my car.

Now MOST of us know that isn't at all how the HP games works. Wouldn't all of you like to know what a drop in filter REALLY does for WHP? Or would you rather spend your money on whatever the seller is telling you works?

if that is the case I am going into business making an exhaust that adds 90hp. Wanna buy it? I told you the hp rating, don't ya believe me????
Old 06-23-2008, 07:08 PM
jgregory124

alright guys here is the deal I will be dynoing on the 5th at National Speed. For the lack of intakes sent I am keeping the Injen true duals on my car. This will be the base line....Ive got some things in the works for the future....So with more support we can make this happen. There will be numerous members of the forum there and possibly a Nismo Intake, feel free to come out. We will see what happens......PM me for details.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:00 AM
B1nKs
Banned

Good luck with this bro. I wish i had something to donate but i don't. If i did it would be a nismo exhaust(cause it says something like 6hp 3.5lb/ft trq) rated but I'd be curious to see what it really is. Unfortunately I haven't purchased one yet. I'd go to this but I live in Houston,TX and that is just too far right now with work. =/
Old 06-27-2008, 09:52 AM
jgregory124

Thanks man......I would go with the Injen True Duals I really like mine
Old 07-01-2008, 07:27 AM
Buddy Revell

Thumbs up

there are all kinds of dyno comparisons on the de just not the hr.......sure there are a couple different dynos done on with hfcs but the dynos have not been the same for example a dynojet is different from a mustang dyno...where is the consistency? ...there is not going to be any variable here...all intakes will be installed on my car and just my car on the same dyno...if they make power great if they dont great we now know what intake not to buy

http://blogs.cobbtuning.com/?p=160

sure this has been done, not quite the same...above in the link a half hearted effort...but where are my dyno sheets, where is the stillen intake, what about drop in k&n filters, or the new K&N intake or the new injen, jwt?

reviews what reviews? but dyno tells me....sounds better.... a couple of guys have done dynos great...that is what needs to be done

bottom line I am not a company trying to sell you a product...I will not lie to you and tell you my product makes power when it doesnt.....I am an individual trying to obtain knowledge....now you ask what I get for doing this....a thinner wallet...putting time and effort info a forum to benefit fellow z owners
I'm not even a Z owner (I have a G37), but I think what you're doing is great! I have no clue why some peeps on this thread are hating when you make some very valid points. I'd love to see what kinda power the Injen, JWT, Stillen and others would make in an independent same-day dyno. Good luck with this project, bro!

Quick Reply: *HR Dyno Experiment @ National Speed Wilmington NC July 5th*