Notices
VQ35HR Mods and Support related to the 2007/08 High Revving VQ

hks tru dual and berks

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 09:53 PM
TX-350Z-TX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default hks tru dual and berks

does anyone on here have this combination. currently just have the hks. wnat to know what to expect from adding berk hfc's. sound, power, etc? thanks.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:46 AM
toples z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i didn't have the hks exhaust. but i had apexi exhaust with a JIC Y pipe and than added the berks HFC. i was also worriewd at first about the sound of the HFC but when i put it on i coudnt be happier. Berks makes some really good quality HFC they sound great and you deffinatly feel a power increase in the mid range you might get a small rasp on cold starts but either than that no rasp. The only thing you should know is it does let off an air suction sound when you are in gear and let off the gas. But overall i would deffinatly recomend the Berks HFC
Old 01-23-2009, 02:10 PM
TX-350Z-TX

Originally Posted by toples z
i didn't have the hks exhaust. but i had apexi exhaust with a JIC Y pipe and than added the berks HFC. i was also worriewd at first about the sound of the HFC but when i put it on i coudnt be happier. Berks makes some really good quality HFC they sound great and you deffinatly feel a power increase in the mid range you might get a small rasp on cold starts but either than that no rasp. The only thing you should know is it does let off an air suction sound when you are in gear and let off the gas. But overall i would deffinatly recomend the Berks HFC
thsnks! out of 142 views--you were the only one who rosponded!
Old 01-23-2009, 09:08 PM
jason350z

i had m hks then i got crawford hfc cats as some people in the forum recomended and i loved it it gave the hks a little kick.
latter on i got a new Z installed the hks with berk hfc and the sound was horrible. do not get berk get the crawford. the difference id metallic vs ceramic.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:13 PM
M3ANMACHINE

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got the HKS with UTR test pipes and friggin love it!!! You can keep it quiet when you want, and Loud As HELL when you want too. The Butt Dyno Shows Power
Old 01-23-2009, 10:36 PM
_STEVEO_01

Interesting you mention this particular setup... I am going to be running both as my car is currently in the shop at this time. I am sure the results will be positive, and will let you know the outcome here soon...
Old 01-24-2009, 12:05 PM
350Z maniac

Hear it for yourself..I was thinking of going for the same set up but alot of ppl told me that it will have a rasp tone to it and that sounds cheap to me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UI2H8St23HM
Old 01-24-2009, 01:48 PM
_STEVEO_01

Sound clips are not going to provide you realistic and accurate results... I have heard this particular setup in person and it sounds great with no rasp... Hence why I went with the setup. Everybody is going to have different tastes of course, so I am merely stating my opinion. The HKS sounds great at cruising speeds or at WOT with stock cats... Berks are going to amplify it just a tad. The HFC's are not going to give you the rasp that test pipes are notorious for. You have to hear it in person to really appreciate it. Just my .02...
Old 02-21-2009, 11:40 AM
JZK

Hm I have the HKS exhaust with berk testpipes.. I would post a video clip but like someone just said, it sounds better in rl.

But anyways it is indeed raspy, but you can barely hear the rasp because its VERY LOUDDD. I can't express that enough lol. It sounds amazing just daily driving and cruising, no rasp. It only rasps wot, and when it rasps you can't hear the rasp cause of how loud the exhaust is, you can hear the rasp inside the car, but it really does sound awesome.