Notices
VQ35HR Mods and Support related to the 2007/08 High Revving VQ

Tomei Camshaft FOR VQ35HR

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 12:42 PM
0jiggy0

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Slalom and skid pads aren't everything. Also the nurburgring favors high powered cars. It has quite a few straights amd ultralong sweeping curves. I love my Z and the nismo is a beast of a track ready car. But gamer if u think its holds a candle to the gtr in anywhere near stock form your kidding yourself.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:07 PM
GAMERMODZoCOM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 0jiggy0
Slalom and skid pads aren't everything. Also the nurburgring favors high powered cars. It has quite a few straights amd ultralong sweeping curves. I love my Z and the nismo is a beast of a track ready car. But gamer if u think its holds a candle to the gtr in anywhere near stock form your kidding yourself.
In stock form, no but do you get 2.5 times the car when purchasing a GTR over the NISMO? Nope. Again, if I was going to spend GTR money (which I almost did), I would rather go to something smaller, lighter, and more powerful. At the price range of the GTR, you have a **** ton of options.

I am not saying that if you put a completely decked out nismo against a decked out GTR that the nismo would win. I am saying that it could compete and at a much lower cost.

Saying the building a 350z platform to the point I am will "fail" as the other person said is completely wrong and I think he is blinded by the bling factor of the GTR.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:14 PM
GAMERMODZoCOM

I have the perfect test. Sharif usually gets in touch with me when he comes to Sebring plus I will see him at the Sebring debut. We will compare times then and see if the GTR is dominating.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:35 PM
midz350

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by GAMERMODZoCOM
I have the perfect test. Sharif usually gets in touch with me when he comes to Sebring plus I will see him at the Sebring debut. We will compare times then and see if the GTR is dominating.
so 1000whp Nismo VS almost stock GTR

I'm just messing with you
Old 06-07-2010, 04:17 PM
GAMERMODZoCOM

Originally Posted by midz350
so 1000whp Nismo VS almost stock GTR

I'm just messing with you
lol, you can't run that type of power on the track. We will have it cranked down to 600rwhp or so.

I am just saying the cost to build on the 350z NISMO platform was a better option than the GTR.

Too many people "think" the GTR is god and it's not. If it was, believe me I would own one.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:26 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Received 117 Likes on 63 Posts

^do you have any relevant driving experience other than on Forza? Just curious. For even an advanced amateur.....the gtr will be faster than a GT3RS. If I had to chose b/w the two I'd take the RS by a slim margin, but I'd probably be quicker in an R35....it is simply more forgiving.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:01 PM
GAMERMODZoCOM

Originally Posted by 03threefiftyz
^do you have any relevant driving experience other than on Forza? Just curious. For even an advanced amateur.....the gtr will be faster than a GT3RS. If I had to chose b/w the two I'd take the RS by a slim margin, but I'd probably be quicker in an R35....it is simply more forgiving.
First, you can't knock any game that you can use as a simulator for a track. Practice is key and Forza is VERY accurate on their tracks and the feel. Sebring is a fine example of how well game developers match them. Pro drivers will practice on simulators (video games) for the same purpose. Practice, practice, practice.

Second, I am not a pro driver and don't have a ton of experience either however, based on time I have spent on the track for fun, with how impressed instructors have been with me and with the funds to persue yet another hobby I aim to be the best at, I am confident I will be competitive throughout the time I spend racing cars. Will I be the best out there, probably not but I am damn sure going to try.

I give 110% with everything I do and it's what makes me the person I am. If you want to race cars, you have to start somewhere. Some start in autocross, some start in karting, some start with motorcycles, some wake up one morning and decide they want to race cars and go do it (Ken Block). Not every race car driver starts the same way.

Experience will carry you so far but at the end of the day, the person with the most determination will rise above.

You do realize that even EVO's and Suburu's ($60k less expensive than a GTR) usually dominate AWD classes right? So are these people crazy for building that platform like I aparently am for doing it to a NISMO?

It's all about getting out there and doing different things you are interested in and giving every ounce of effort to it. When you get old and someone asks you "How many of your dreams did you follow", I know my answer will be "ALL OF THEM".

FYI, I made the dealership an offer for the GTR they had on the floor. Them, like a lot of people, thought it was gods gift to cars and stood their ground on price. Fine with me. I was confident I could build up a much cheaper car for around the same price that could kick it's *** and I am confident I have.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:27 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Forza is NOT an accurate interpretation what so ever....aside from familiarization. For instance you can run a 350z without any modification to a time that crushes any t2 prepped 350z at Road America (where scca national championship was held last year)......not gunna happen. If you wish to play (or perhaps you already do) a much better simulation.......try iracing. Of course evo/sti's dominate time attack style racing.....they have limitless parts, pure force in numbers, and teams who have been evolving for longer than the GTR (R35) has been a concept. Most of the cars that dominate the higher classes would boggle your mind in dollars spent. I bet you sierra sierra has spent 4-5 times as much as Forged has on their GTR ......then again they are in different classes, etc. Forged GTR is no slouch either.....it is still fairly lightly modified and absolutely flies.....I know you are familiar with the car. It ran, if memory serves me correctly, a 1:56 at VIR Full on hoosiers. For comparison, the T1 (scca) track record was a 2:04 in a prepped z06 race car. I am fairly certain the forged GTR is still street legal......at least the last time I heard. An 8 second gap is an eternity in motorsport. I guess what I am trying to say is the GTR is no slouch.......even fairly lightly modified they are superb track cars. Even at 600whp you would really be pressed to match a bolt-on GTR, with upgraded suspension, brake pads, and hoosiers on any track in the States.............
Old 06-08-2010, 07:07 AM
GAMERMODZoCOM

Where in here do you see me mention anything about the way the cars feel? I only mention the track. Please read this quote again "First, you can't knock any game that you can use as a simulator for a track. Practice is key and Forza is VERY accurate on their tracks and the feel. Sebring is a fine example of how well game developers match them. Pro drivers will practice on simulators (video games) for the same purpose. Practice, practice, practice."

I am done with this discussion. You think it's best, I think that for the money, there is a lot more you can buy or build that dominates it's. Who cares anymore. Until I see more people chosing the GTR over other platforms, I can't make that assumption like you.

What I do know is that "I" took a 1 of 1500 2008 NISMO's here in the U.S. and turned it in to a true race car with power that should hold the record for a long time. "I" will be racing this car in Redline Time Attack and NASA TT. This is something so many people would love to do yet I have a dirtbag saying "building on the 350Z platform will fail" yet its an extremely popular platform for racing and another person challenging my abilities because he is "e-tough". I guess instead of people that can't, for whatever reason, go race their car like this they feel the need tell me things I am doing wrong and what is better based on no experience on a real race track or building a real race car.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:59 AM
uglyduc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In stock form, no but do you get 2.5 times the car when purchasing a GTR over the NISMO? Nope. Again, if I was going to spend GTR money (which I almost did), I would rather go to something smaller, lighter, and more powerful. At the price range of the GTR, you have a **** ton of options.
I agree with this logic and look forward to your results.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:33 AM
brandonsz33

hey collin this is brandon. Personally i think your car will be sick and im envious of your build. Im sure if anyone would kill for a build like this, i would.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:33 AM
brandonsz33

Good luck i will stop by soon to take a peek.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:51 AM
Lakeside

Dude you are a DB!!!! You call me a dirtbag? While you waste away playing Forza waiting for others to build/design your car for you?!!! Get a clue man.

All I was saying is a GTR with mild modifications can easily dominate a heavily modded Z! Many of us here probably have alot more track time then your Forza a$$ playing self.. lol

Show alittle respect and maybe members here won't rag on you so bad! Your sounding like a spoiled rotten little kid. GROW the F' up!

Edit: Sorry to thread dump. But no one is gonna call me a dirtbag! If they do I'll whip out my GIANT Internet ***** and slap them upside the head with it!... lol

Zim

Last edited by Lakeside; 06-08-2010 at 09:55 AM.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:27 AM
0jiggy0

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Did I miss something. I understand this guys business is video games but is he really using Forza to practice his driving?
The following users liked this post:
cincysilvias14 (11-21-2015)
Old 06-08-2010, 10:32 AM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Where in here do you see me mention anything about the way the cars feel? I only mention the track. Please read this quote again "First, you can't knock any game that you can use as a simulator for a track. Practice is key and Forza is VERY accurate on their tracks and the feel. Sebring is a fine example of how well game developers match them. Pro drivers will practice on simulators (video games) for the same purpose. Practice, practice, practice."

I am done with this discussion. You think it's best, I think that for the money, there is a lot more you can buy or build that dominates it's. Who cares anymore. Until I see more people chosing the GTR over other platforms, I can't make that assumption like you.

What I do know is that "I" took a 1 of 1500 2008 NISMO's here in the U.S. and turned it in to a true race car with power that should hold the record for a long time. "I" will be racing this car in Redline Time Attack and NASA TT. This is something so many people would love to do yet I have a dirtbag saying "building on the 350Z platform will fail" yet its an extremely popular platform for racing and another person challenging my abilities because he is "e-tough". I guess instead of people that can't, for whatever reason, go race their car like this they feel the need tell me things I am doing wrong and what is better based on no experience on a real race track or building a real race car.
Perhaps you didn't actually read my post ? I never, ever said the GTR is the be all end all platform.....you were discussing it and I stepped in. Listen, I love forza, but it is a GARBAGE simulation. Use Iracing. You are really coming off as not having a damn clue what you are talking about. Just throwing money at a car is not the solution. I would guess from your comments you intend on building a super modified car......good luck with that. You will be racing against guys (Billy Johnson and David Empringham) who have won at Pro level W2W races. What are you going to use for suspension or brakes......if you want to really contend I hope you are running at a minimum 3-4 way JRZ's/Penskies/or Moton dampers. All of which will cost more than your turbo kit alone.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:56 AM
Hexxus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thinking that you can drive as good in real life as you can in Forza is just absurd.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:35 AM
GAMERMODZoCOM

Originally Posted by Hexxus
Thinking that you can drive as good in real life as you can in Forza is just absurd.
Are you stupid? Did I say I have only played Forza? You are a retard. I swear to god, what is the point in a forum when people don't READ! Maybe you can't read and need some pictures instead?

Whatever, I am done with illiterate people. It's like I have to keep repeating myself because no one reads. No more.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:49 AM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

I forgot....you know best. I find it amusing that you resort to the "what is the point in a forum when people don't READ!" comment when you clearly replied to my comment from last night without actually reading what I said......or perhaps you misunderstood? You look like a fool saying... "What I do know is that "I" took a 1 of 1500 2008 NISMO's here in the U.S. and turned it in to a true race car with power that should hold the record for a long time." You have done a few track days.....the people who actually hold track records have been driving at PRO levels for YEARS. It's clear you are a dollar>sense guy. I think it's great you want to pursue a quick track car, but good god you are naive. My guess is your first several times out in your "track car" you get whooped up on bye the street rwd guys.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:51 AM
Hexxus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you stupid? You are a retard. Maybe you can't read and need some pictures instead?
So, what are you trying to say about me?
Old 06-08-2010, 11:54 AM
GAMERMODZoCOM

Originally Posted by Lakeside
Dude you are a DB!!!! You call me a dirtbag? While you waste away playing Forza waiting for others to build/design your car for you?!!! Get a clue man.

All I was saying is a GTR with mild modifications can easily dominate a heavily modded Z! Many of us here probably have alot more track time then your Forza a$$ playing self.. lol

Show alittle respect and maybe members here won't rag on you so bad! Your sounding like a spoiled rotten little kid. GROW the F' up!

Edit: Sorry to thread dump. But no one is gonna call me a dirtbag! If they do I'll whip out my GIANT Internet ***** and slap them upside the head with it!... lol

Zim
Hey dirtbag, keep dreaming and I will keep doing. Pretty easy to be an e-thug huh?

I am amazed how many people can't read. Please copy and paste where I said all I do is play Forza? Anyone? Anyone? So I guess you can conclude I am a bad driver because I have used Forza to learn a track? Sure, handling of the car, turning, etc isn't the same but the TRACK IS.

If you think you got what it takes, stop talking **** and actually join a race series. I think that's the problem, everyone wants to say they know everything about racing but never runs a real series. Maybe they do some autocross in their honda civic and think they can drive. Get on a real track where you don't have to stay in 2nd gear.

Spoiled rotten kid huh? I would expect that from someone that is so ignorant. I am 31 years old and have been completely on my own since I was 15. I have worked for everything I have ever owned. I have a very successful business and like to enjoy the fruits of my labor. Hell, maybe one day your dirtbag a$$ will be working for me.

Your ***** probably doesn't extend past your zipper so good luck slapping anyone with that. This is also probably why you are an e-thug.

Quick Reply: Tomei Camshaft FOR VQ35HR