Notices
VQ35HR Mods and Support related to the 2007/08 High Revving VQ

Problem with 1st to 2nd.

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009 | 05:15 PM
Peak350

Yeah, I'm not saying it won't work either, I honestly don't know, but with the moving parts on it, and the fact that I am trying to sell my car, I didn't want a faulty to part to be the cause of the trouble.

The pressure plate should be changed with the clutch disc, especially given our pressure plates.
Old 12-17-2009 | 08:07 PM
RoN916

I never do this anymore, but when I first got my car, if I was in first gear and gave it a lot of gas the RPM's would go up and the clutch would stick to the floor... what was that about? Why does the clutch stick to the floor?
Old 12-21-2009 | 04:02 AM
Nateclipse

^slave cylinder recall.
Old 12-28-2009 | 08:15 PM
rtiid22

Originally Posted by Peak350
I don't mean to sound jaded but I wouldn't have another aftermarket clutch in the 07+ Z's without a stock height/weight pressure plate (or the ats slave conversion). I had a jwt for ~16k miles and I can recommend neither the clutch or flywheel.

I'm not speaking from lack of experience, in heitant to recommend aftermarket clutches after losing 2 slaves 4k and 8k miles each....on the jwt setup.
Where can this conversion be had? I just recently had my slave cylinder go bad and after reading this i believe the jwt clutch setup might be at fault.. I just hope it doesn't give out again, lasted me 25k miles.
Old 12-28-2009 | 08:28 PM
Peak350

Originally Posted by rtiid22
Where can this conversion be had? I just recently had my slave cylinder go bad and after reading this i believe the jwt clutch setup might be at fault.. I just hope it doesn't give out again, lasted me 25k miles.
Only way to get it is to buy an ATS clutch (over 2 grand with flywheel) or to make one yourself (requires some minor machine work and lots of little finessing).
Old 01-09-2010 | 10:06 AM
mrossi

Default My Clutch is Slipping Too - Looking for Advice

I found this thread by doing a search so that I didn't start a new thread on a topic already discussed. I'm experiencing similar problems. I drive my car very hard, donuts, burnouts, sliding turns, etc. I've had the slave cylinder recall done and know what that is like (can't shift, dead pedal, etc.). What I've got now is something very different.

I've had the car for 2 1/2 years. I think from what I've read above, I need a new clutch, but would like thoughts on the below. No need to tell me I drive like an idiot or can't shift (I had a 200SX for 10 years, and never had to replace the clutch, but I drive this Nismo a lot harder than I did that 200SX).

A couple of weeks ago I noticed the following: (1) doing a donut or burnout, the revs just go up, and up and up, but the clutch isn't grabbing . . . I have to get off the gas, let revs go down, and then it grabs; (2) doing very fast shifts at high rpm, from 2nd to 3rd especially, the revs go up but the clutch isn't grabbing, so I have to take my foot off the gas, let the revs drop, and then when I put my foot back on the gas all is okay; and (3) for the very first time, it happened this morning, I was accelarating hard in 3rd or 4th on the freeway and at 7,000 rpms, it felt like the clutch was not grabbing . . . I took my foot off the gas, let the revs dropped, and all was okay. This doesn't happen all the time, but is happening with greater frequency.

So, after reading this thread, is it simple enough to go to my Nissan dealer and ask them to replace the clutch, or do I need to ask them to do more? What about the flywheel?

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks.
Old 02-22-2010 | 08:42 AM
ZSpeedPerformance
Vendor - Former Vendor

These will be ready very soon CLICKY
Old 02-23-2010 | 04:37 PM
TR600HT

I will be ordering the Zspeedperformance kit when it's ready.
Old 03-09-2010 | 04:28 PM
Suntzuprodigy

Default clutch

I have a 2008 350z and it seems like it goes through its own phases like, i already know the clutch is on its way out, and needs to be replaced because i had it checked out, but sometimes the car shifts fine into every gear like, very smooth, and then it will go through its phases where it shifts rough and hard into every single gear on upshifts and even feels like its grinding sometimes.. would this be caused by the clutch? or is it a tranny issue? i figured if it was a problem with the tranny it would be persistant and not have its phases... im not sure, the clutch is pretty bad, it has stuck to the floor numerous times and acts very strange.. like ill downshift from 3rd to 2nd for engine brake coming to a stop light and instead of the car easing up and doing a slight nose dive (revving) it just lunges forward when i let the clutch out.. its hard to explain