Notices
VQ35HR Mods and Support related to the 2007/08 High Revving VQ

GTR manifold conversion kit GTM

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 01:33 PM
Marrocco350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GTR manifold conversion kit GTM

This kit says it's for the VQ37VHR but from what I have read the lower plenum from the VQ35VHR fits on the VQ35HR which means this whole kit should work theoretically.

http://www.gtmotorsports.com/product...roductid=16935

Converted VQ37VHR

Who wants to order one and give it a shot!

Last edited by Marrocco350z; 07-29-2013 at 01:39 PM.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:00 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

Correct ! Buy it! Two other third parties are making the adapter over on the 370z site...maybe for slightly less...

R35 intake manifold is $800
Adapter intake runner hopefully isn't $1200 when stock is $400.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:35 PM
Marrocco350z

Originally Posted by KingBaby
Correct ! Buy it! Two other third parties are making the adapter over on the 370z site...maybe for slightly less...

R35 intake manifold is $800
Adapter intake runner hopefully isn't $1200 when stock is $400.
2,000 dollars could be spent on so many other mods that would benefit the car better. It would fool a lot of people though lol. I can hear it now "is that a GTR motor?!"
Old 07-29-2013, 04:26 PM
Chi-TownWarrior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If there is an actual gain in performance.... people would probably buy it (Me). The bonus would be that it looks good.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:09 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Same here...a guy from overseas actually made his own and saw gains untuned....thread is dieing however because I'm sure he realized its gonna cost an arm to reproduce.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:50 PM
Frostydc4

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Link to thread?
Old 07-29-2013, 11:07 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

http://www.the370z.com/intake-exhaus...d-project.html

http://www.the370z.com/intake-exhaus...my-vq37hr.html

Fill in the blank with the obvious
Old 07-30-2013, 10:14 AM
Doc_Z

Do the hr throttle bodies just bolt up to this manifold?

Looking at the location of the tb's on that manifold I'm not sure how the 2 front cylinder get their fair share of air
Old 07-30-2013, 01:09 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

yes HR TBs bolt right up to it...and regardless of which is getting air...all are getting it's own compared to shared like the HR/VHR.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:59 PM
Classy

Received 615 Likes on 349 Posts

At the end of the day, the HR plastic plenum is ugly, and the GTR one is sexy, it makes more power, even better
Old 11-07-2013, 05:28 PM
remo1356

Will this benefit an N/A HR as well?
Old 11-11-2013, 06:39 AM
redline06

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm definitely interested in this, not so much for my current motor but for when I build my spare long block, I'd like this manifold because then I could bore out the throttle body holes to fit 2 09+ maxima TBs
Old 11-13-2013, 06:21 PM
Juztin

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

I wouldn't get your hopes up too soon. I called them and talked to one of their shop hands a few weeks ago and he did say this was still in the works not dead but it didn't sound like there is any idea of how long it will take.

I tried visiting GTM in person (as I was in the Los Angeles area for work and made the hour drive to their shop location) that same day to only have a hard time locating their shop because there is no identifying marks on it anymore (it used to have a sign on it from old pictures) and then I find out they are not 'open to the public', appointment only - I literally called their shop from outside of it looking like an idiot. Hmmmm big.... 1st strike.

I have tried numerous times to talk to them about parts that I was very serious about buying but wanted additional information along with my builder asking them on my behalf and none of us got call backs or email responses to our numerous communication attempts. strike 2

My builder was trying to become a dealer and never got a response from them. strike 3

It would seem to me a business would want to get dealer deals going, answer some technical questions concerning multi thousand dollar parts etc that could be easy sales provided we just get some questions answered etc.

They lost out on easily a few G's at least for my build because of this. They basically appear to me to be conducting business like they want to go out of business. Don't know what happened to them but damn, I can't believe the GTM kit I have on my car was produced by the shell of a place looking shop I saw from the outside.

I'd advise serious caution when trying to spend money with them. It took ages to get some cam's from them and was wayyyyy to complicated. strike 4 in my book, should of stopped at 1.

Last edited by Juztin; 11-13-2013 at 06:26 PM.
Old 11-15-2013, 06:55 AM
remo1356

Hearing things like this! I will be taking my business elsewhere! When you are spending thousands of dollars it would be nice to be able to interact with the said business. I have heard stories of people getting there parts months later. I really have never heard of a business where you couldn't walk in off the street. By appointment only! That is absolutely absurd. Was looking at buying one of their supercharger kits. Not anymore!
Old 11-15-2013, 07:51 AM
ordinaryme

my sc buying experience was really nice, did have some doubts because posts like this.. I would have been very intrested in this plenum upgrade also..
Old 11-15-2013, 03:00 PM
T-dizee

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

ive been watching this thread and im very interested in this. i have the money ready if i only new that i could just order the parts. worries me now.....
Old 11-16-2013, 04:04 PM
ogiehooker

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Gtm is a ripoff!!!!

I have taken flak in the past for my constant bashing of GTM but I don't care...hope I help someone along the way...

Yes, GTM is a hug RIPOFF! My threads are elsewhere, you can read them...Sam at GTM took my 26K for a long block/TT setup and after 1.5 yrs, he only had a shortblock finished....Got a lawyer, he gave me my **** and took the car elsewhere...In the 1 yr since then, I have lost/had stolen, over 5k in parts from GTM. Sam even built my stroker block w/o proper clearance and the engine wouldn't even turn over after it was installed by another shop....WHAT A COMPLETE A-HOLE. He had PAINTED items I asked to be ceramic coated thereby cheating out of more money..I had to recoat all the parts...He wouldn't retun my HR conversion cooling system to fit my DE and when the other shop asked for it, he replied "why should I help him"? CAUSE IT'S THE RIGHT THING TO DO MF'R!!! Never did get those parts (900) and new shop had to remake them....headlight ballast and wiring was missing, c,losed dumps for waste gates were missing starter was missing etc etc....

Don't believe the hype and BS Sam puts out....I continue to bash his azz cause I have no way of collecting my lost money/parts...(attorney wanted 5k just to begin looking in to it)...

So, this is how I extract my freaking pound of flesh sam Coksukr Zawahara...U f'd me over so until the day I die I will CONTINUE TO bash ur azz everytime I get the chance......

U need some lead n ur diet but I ain't goin' that far...

STAY AWAY FROM GTM FOLKS...LEARN A LESSON FROM ME!!
Originally Posted by Juztin
I wouldn't get your hopes up too soon. I called them and talked to one of their shop hands a few weeks ago and he did say this was still in the works not dead but it didn't sound like there is any idea of how long it will take.

I tried visiting GTM in person (as I was in the Los Angeles area for work and made the hour drive to their shop location) that same day to only have a hard time locating their shop because there is no identifying marks on it anymore (it used to have a sign on it from old pictures) and then I find out they are not 'open to the public', appointment only - I literally called their shop from outside of it looking like an idiot. Hmmmm big.... 1st strike.

I have tried numerous times to talk to them about parts that I was very serious about buying but wanted additional information along with my builder asking them on my behalf and none of us got call backs or email responses to our numerous communication attempts. strike 2

My builder was trying to become a dealer and never got a response from them. strike 3

It would seem to me a business would want to get dealer deals going, answer some technical questions concerning multi thousand dollar parts etc that could be easy sales provided we just get some questions answered etc.

They lost out on easily a few G's at least for my build because of this. They basically appear to me to be conducting business like they want to go out of business. Don't know what happened to them but damn, I can't believe the GTM kit I have on my car was produced by the shell of a place looking shop I saw from the outside.

I'd advise serious caution when trying to spend money with them. It took ages to get some cam's from them and was wayyyyy to complicated. strike 4 in my book, should of stopped at 1.
Old 11-16-2013, 04:45 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

I just want the damn intake runner at a reasonable price...
The following users liked this post:
scoobasteve (04-26-2018)
Old 11-16-2013, 07:06 PM
ogiehooker

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Thief

GL....Sam will probably take ur money and never ship the part...he robbed me of 5k...think he won't do it to you?

**** GTM
Old 11-16-2013, 07:27 PM
OldManZ350

Received 228 Likes on 168 Posts

I'd say it looks like they are OUT OF BUSINESS………

But, I'm sure they will still take your money, if your Stupid enough to give it to them!
Attached Thumbnails GTR manifold conversion kit GTM-screen-shot-2013-11-16-at-11.18.06-pm.png  

Quick Reply: GTR manifold conversion kit GTM