Master

Received 9,047 Likes on 6,513 Posts

Originally Posted by Willp
Watch out for the Post police.
watch out for snowflakes
Old 04-02-2023, 12:27 AM
Chrisangel117

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it possible to Do a engine swap with 350Z for 370Z motor?

I have a 2003 350z... And I wanted to do a engine swap and put the 370z motor in my 350Z And I'm just wondering if anybody else Make that same attempt and succeeded?

If someone has any advice Would like to hear it.

Besides that I wanted to buy a 370Z but it's a little too expensive And It's basically like buying a new car for me and it like $15k $22k at the job I'm currently work at won't even Make it to that amount Since Texas suck Was thinking about moving out of it To find a better job opportunity but for now, I thought of another option.

I was thinking about just doing engine swap...Since my 350Z engine is already no good And It's just sitting in the garage covered and cleaned ready to be worked on.
I have this 370Z engine that's fully running with a transmission and everything with it That came out Of a donor 370Z I was thinking about just putting that motor in it.

I tried looking up some videos but didn't see any so I'm assuming this is going to A new experience Since I haven't seen anyone Make the Attempt besides different other motors...
Besides that I have the wire harness the key admission push start button system I have the brackets And the other parts that might be needed in this project build.
I probably might do a video recording how it turns out if anybody is interested I'll probably be the 1st one to put up a video like this since I haven't found any similar out there. Wish me luck...
Old 04-02-2023, 01:17 AM
travlee
Master

Originally Posted by Chrisangel117
I have a 2003 350z... And I wanted to do a engine swap and put the 370z motor in my 350Z And I'm just wondering if anybody else Make that same attempt and succeeded?

Besides that I wanted to buy a 370Z but it's a little too expensive And It's basically like buying a new car for me and it like $15k $22k at the job I'm currently work at won't even Make it to that amount Since Texas suck Was thinking about moving out of it To find a better job opportunity but for now, I thought of another option.

I was thinking about just doing engine swap...Since my 350Z engine is already no good And It's just sitting in the garage covered and cleaned ready to be worked on.
I have this 370Z engine that's fully running with a transmission and everything with it That came out Of a donor 370Z I was thinking about just putting that motor in it.

I tried looking up some videos but didn't see any so I'm assuming this is going to A new experience Since I haven't seen anyone Make the Attempt besides different other motors...
Besides that I have the wire harness the key admission push start button system I have the brackets And the other parts that might be needed in this project build.
I probably might do a video recording how it turns out if anybody is interested I'll probably be the 1st one to put up a video like this since I haven't found any similar out there. Wish me luck...
No....short and sweet answer If you don't like texas, move....I will help ya pack
Old 04-02-2023, 06:18 AM
i8acobra

Received 1,267 Likes on 1,015 Posts

Could it be done? Probably, with enough money. It will definitely cost less to just sell the 350Z and buy a 370Z. The 3.7 will not just bolt to the 350Z front subframe. They're different.
The following users liked this post:
MicVelo (04-02-2023)
Old 04-02-2023, 06:47 AM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,255 Likes on 2,316 Posts

Originally Posted by Chrisangel117

As was already mentioned, you got the time and the money, this would be a slam dunk. But so would, say, swapping a Ford Ecoboost engine in. You got your need for a new cooling system, you got your different motor mounts, hoses, air induction, not to mention wiring harness, ECM and incompatibility with gauges, stock BCM and so on.

Go for it. I wanna see this.

Hope this isn't going the same directions as the "dilemma" waste of bandwidth as it feels like it.
Old 04-02-2023, 09:34 AM
travlee
Master

He s a balla on a budget.....his drive through window job can barely fund his gas