Notices
VQ35HR Mods and Support related to the 2007/08 High Revving VQ

ZSpeed Performance "CMAK" Review

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2016, 08:30 AM
cdoxp800

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default ZSpeed Performance "CMAK" Review

First off I am posting this in both the Hr & VHR ares for all to see.

So I got the CMAK installed from Z Speed Performance a few weeks ago.

More info about it here:
http://www.zspeedperformance.com/ZSp...e-ZSP-CMAK.htm

The build quality of the system great. All brackets are zinc coated. The clutch fork is so mean looking. It’s not going to ever give up on you. Install Pics include.

So let’s start by giving you my current clutch setup:
Southbend Stage 3 clutches (NEW) and pressure plate.
Southbend Competition Forged Steel Flywheel.
RJM V2 Clutch pedal system.
Z Speed Performance HD CSC (old).

First let me say that the Z Speed Performance HD CSC has held up GREAT. Not a single issue. I would recommend it to anyone. I have beaten this thing over the 4 years with a number of track weekends.

On to the CMAK:

The install is simple if you have knowledge of removing the transmission. For us it’s about a 2.5 hour process in and out. We have done it a number of times on my Z.

As for adjustments. Not really any needed. Just make sure the Slave it centered on the fork. (Pic's 9, 10, 11) You can spot this by looking at the boot the Slave. I have a Pic show it wrong and one with it right. There is a little wiggle room for this on mounting bracket for this small adjustment.

Bleeding the CMAK external slave unit was EASY compared to the CSC. Took less them 10 min and we had a full pedal. We flushed the entire system. Let’s just say it moves some fluid.

First dive:

First off I notice the engagement point is Lower which I love. The OEM is Way high. With new setup it’s low but not on the floor. I am really likening it.

The pedal pressure was a bit less than the HD CSC and greater than the OEM (I have Stage 3 clutch and pressure plate). So it did lower the pedal pressure some over the HD CSC.

Driving I did a quick run up the street all the way up the 6th, then turned around. When slowing I did a 6th, 5th, 4th, 3rd, 2sd downshift each time. VERY Smooth. Whole new feel. The engagement point I really like. The pedal pressure just adds to the pleasure. Not a workout to push in, but also not a so soft you put your foot through the firewall. You get a feeling.

Over all 110% happy with this change. Looking forward to getting on the Track and testing some more. I would recommend anyone looking at upgrading their clutch system to do this along with it. Get rid of that OEM plastic CSC.
Attached Thumbnails ZSpeed Performance  "CMAK" Review-1.jpg   ZSpeed Performance  "CMAK" Review-2.jpg   ZSpeed Performance  "CMAK" Review-3.jpg   ZSpeed Performance  "CMAK" Review-4.jpg   ZSpeed Performance  "CMAK" Review-5.jpg  

ZSpeed Performance  "CMAK" Review-6.jpg   ZSpeed Performance  "CMAK" Review-8.jpg   ZSpeed Performance  "CMAK" Review-9.jpg   ZSpeed Performance  "CMAK" Review-10.jpg  

Last edited by cdoxp800; 08-18-2016 at 08:59 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by cdoxp800:
2004Black350z (10-09-2021), John_B (08-18-2016)
Old 08-18-2016, 08:32 AM
cdoxp800

More Pics
Attached Thumbnails ZSpeed Performance  "CMAK" Review-11.jpg   ZSpeed Performance  "CMAK" Review-12.jpg   ZSpeed Performance  "CMAK" Review-13.jpg   ZSpeed Performance  "CMAK" Review-14.jpg   ZSpeed Performance  "CMAK" Review-15.jpg  

ZSpeed Performance  "CMAK" Review-16.jpg   ZSpeed Performance  "CMAK" Review-17.jpg  
Old 08-20-2016, 02:38 AM
cincysilvias14

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

sounds like zspeed knocked it out the park again. im a total newbie when it comes to pulling the trans is there any tips i should know about pulling the trans?
Old 08-20-2016, 06:25 AM
cdoxp800

Pulling the Trans is not that Bad. Remember to remove the shifter, also don't pull up the e-brake if your using a lift. Need to be able to rotate the drive line to get the bolts off the drive shaft.
Try not to tip the back side of transmission down as you are removing it, or you will end up with a face full of fluid unless you have plug for it. Not fun. LOL
Having a buddy around also helps.
Old 08-22-2016, 06:09 AM
ZSpeedPerformance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

To install the CMAK you need to drain the fluid regardless as it will all run out when you remove the front cover bolts to install the kit, This will keep you from getting a fluid facial

Last edited by ZSpeedPerformance; 08-30-2016 at 09:27 AM.
Old 08-22-2016, 06:48 AM
HRMoneyPit

Received 268 Likes on 218 Posts

As a male there should never be any facials

But back to the mods this should be next on my mod list. That or a diff. But hoping to get a used Quaife on the low on this site. Been in the talks with ZSpeed about this new set up