Notices
West Canada British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Mantitoba, etc.

They almost make me wish I didnt own a Z

Old 04-06-2010, 03:47 PM
xjuddx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default They almost make me wish I didnt own a Z

Well I am pulling my hair out after dealing with both nissan canada and the local nissan dealership in grande prairie. I am not here to slander the dealership or nissan canada I am just telling my side of the story as I see it. I clearly can not prove what was spoken between 2 people so you will have to understand that this is how i saw the events and there is another side.

I purchased my 350z used in september. I actually dealt with 2 dealerships both from the same auto group. I went into the first dealership and was treated very well. The sales man Allan is somebody I would seriously recommend to anybody. He was very helpful and you could tell he was actually happy to see me get into the car i wanted. I wanted a used Z because I planned on doing a major overhaul. Everything was going smooth until Allan brought me over to the nissan dealership to sign paperwork. The person he brought me too honestly gave me a bad vibe from the start but I was so excited for my X and Allan had been so great I sort of shrugged it off. The first problem came when he insisted I buy the $2000 aftermarket warranty. I kept explaining different reasons I didn't want or need it. Finally I said I plan of supercharging the car and it will void it anyways. He promised it would cover everything and not to worry. bring it back to them and everything would be covered. He specifically mentioned bottom end, clutch and all of the cars electronics. After at least 10 minutes of this he finally twisted my arm after telling me that. I knew I would be having problems because of the supercharger so why not pay the extra $2000 for some piece of mind. BIG MISTAKE. Especially not getting all of what he said in writing. So about 3 minutes later I run into my next problem. Nobody can find my second set of keys anymore. A good customer service gesture would've been to order me a new one. Instead the guy tells me I can buy myself another one right now if i want. They should only be about $300 programmed. Thats great, I havent left the dealership and am already missing a set of keys. 2 weeks go by and I start to have problems with the aftermarket car stereo that came in the car. I was in the middle of a road trip so I waited until I got back to call. I called Allan the first sales guy I dealt with and he felt terrible. He told me I had to go through the nissan dealership but that the other sales guy was on his week off so I would have to wait to get it sorted out. Well I figured I would just call the warranty people directly to see if i could arrange something directly with them. When I talked to them I found out that my warranty package did not in fact cover the stereo even if it was factory. Had the saleman selected the next package up it would have covered it though. Well I figured since he told me to go in and deal with him that he would work something out. This is now the start of november and I have been out of luck. Due to the nature of my work I spend long periods of time out of town and sometimes in areas with little to no cell reception so i made calls when i could. The salesman always seemed to be off that day or on lunch or nusy with another customer and never returned my calls. Finally in january I lost my key and called the dealership. After speaking to the sales manager he said if I got a key he would get a po for the other key i had been told the car came with and he would talk to the salesman about the other issue. I purchased the required key and kept in contact with their parts department while i waited for the other key. After a month they started to apologize because they still hadn't been given the PO. It wasn't until almost mid march did they finally get the PO. So 3 weeks later my clutch starts to slip. One of the parts specifically mentioned by the salesman to be covered. I went and spoke to the service manager today and was told it is not covered. I told him my story and clearly it was out of his hands. So i mentioned talking to nissan canada and he said it would be a good idea. So I went straight home and called. So at this point I have spoke to the service manager, parts manager and sales manager from the dealership. I explain my story to the customer service agent on the phone. I tell him I do not expect anything to come of this and that I just want to make sure they are aware of whats going on at this dealership. After my story he tells me to contact the dealership and talk to the GM because they can't do anything for me. I thought I had made it clear at first i just wanted them to be aware of this and i expected nothing. So now i have called the dealership and left the GM a voice mail. I will keep you updated with this warranty non sense. And yes it is my fault for listening to the sales guy and not getting it in writing. Yes I was lucky to get the key. The point is these guys should be held accountable for what they say to customers. I will say this. The service and parts departments have been very helpful within their abilities.

Last edited by xjuddx; 04-06-2010 at 03:50 PM. Reason: add info/disclaimer
Old 04-06-2010, 03:54 PM
0jiggy0

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Wow, its giving me a headache. Paragraphs or something man.
Old 04-06-2010, 04:43 PM
mistanismo

Warranty on a clutch? That's never possible, it is a wear and tear item.

Warranty on a Supercharger / affiliated issues from boost wear and tear? NEVER, EVER heard of that.

You got screwed, but you believed some rediculous ********. I would go there in person and ask why he lied to you however. He'll deny ever mentioning these things.

Did you even read the fine print of your 'aftermarket warranty'... shouldn't everything be listed there that's applicable? If it's not there, why would they cover it?

I would have walked when purchasing a car from a dealship they didn't give you a second key and free reprogramming on the spot... that costs them next to nothing and you're buying a car.

Wow, stay away from wherever you went.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:14 PM
xjuddx

Yeah i know I messed up. I even admitted it right off by saying I should have got things in writing. I have been in the dealership over a dozen times and the guy is nowhere to be found. I knew as soon as the second key went missing before i picked up the car i was screwed. I had already signed everything at that point.

It is amazing how night and day the 2 sales guys were. The first guy Allan I would buy from any day. Honestly the other guy spent some good time and effort convincing me of his far fetched story.

I have as much documentation as I can to back up my argument. I clearly can't prove what he said just to sell a $2000 warranty but I can at least show how much of a run around I have been given. The paperwork that comes with the warranty is so vague it is worth less then the paper it is printed on.

If I dont hear from the GM in a reasonable period of time I contact nissan canada again and then AMVIC. I seriously at this point don't want anything more then to make sure this guy doesnt do it again.

Its not my first car, I knew better then to not get things in writing so I can't say they are responsible for my problems. But If i save 1 person that $2000 and the hassle, it was all worth it to me.

sorry about the giant paragraph. I had just got off the phone and was pissed when i wrote that.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:21 PM
calin
Banned

Originally Posted by mark69
Old 05-02-2010, 02:49 AM
ART_

Wow I actually read your first post, anyways, I got only two points:

1. Aftermarket warranty is a scam, it's a free money for dealers.

2. Ever heard of a good guy/bad guy? Oldest trick in the book especially at car dealerships.