Notices
West Canada British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Mantitoba, etc.

Are there many owners from Saskatchewan?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 02:13 PM
Sylvan Lake V35

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shake_urzada
I think shake_urzada is from either Regina or Melfort?? ***Edit*** I see one of his other posts says Yorkton.

Last edited by Sylvan Lake V35; 12-29-2009 at 02:14 PM.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:22 PM
gerrychuck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another Sask guy here; I'm in Moose Jaw, and have a 2005 Redline Touring. I've done a few mods recently: Motordyne Gamma exhaust, Motordyne plenum spacer, and Osiris reflash (and subsequent etune). I have a set of Motordyne adjustable sway bars coming too (nearly free; they offered to either replace my midpipe or cut me a ridiculous deal on the bars to prevent the exhaust hitting the stock bar). I'm hoping to track the car next summer, maybe at the kart track at Lumsden, for sure at Stratotech Park in Edmonton. I have a set of EBC Yellow brake pads just waiting, and might have a set of track-only wheels and tires by spring as well...
Old 02-10-2010, 05:05 AM
jDMiNliNE6

Hey Gerrychuck, where did you get your Osiris tune done? I dont have any mods done yet but hopefully that will change this year and I hear nothing but good things about Osiris. Only thing was I didnt know who the closest Osiris tuner is to get it done when the time comes.

Sounds like your Zed is coming along nicely. I also wanna hit up the track this year but doubt I would be able to get out to Edmonton to make some runs. Suppose the Lumsden track might have to do...
Old 02-12-2010, 08:37 AM
gerrychuck

Originally Posted by jDMiNliNE6
Hey Gerrychuck, where did you get your Osiris tune done? I dont have any mods done yet but hopefully that will change this year and I hear nothing but good things about Osiris. Only thing was I didnt know who the closest Osiris tuner is to get it done when the time comes.

Sounds like your Zed is coming along nicely. I also wanna hit up the track this year but doubt I would be able to get out to Edmonton to make some runs. Suppose the Lumsden track might have to do...
The car hasn't been dynotuned with Osiris, just their standard package: base map based on my car and mods, followed by an etune after sending them datalogs. The base tune is very conservative, and they sharpen it up quite a bit once they have actual logs, but still leave the tune more conservative than they would if they actually had the car on a dyno. I haven't datalogged again since to see if it needs any further fine tuning (this winter thing kind of got in the way).

As for tuners, there may be tuners who will tune using Osiris if you have the Tuner version (extra $200), but last time I checked with Uprev there are no Pro Tuners anywhere in western Canada, who are the only ones who can do a one-time tune and reflash with just the cost of the Osiris standard license plus their tuning time. It would be great if there were someone handy. Let me know if you find anyone who does tune with this system. Good luck with your mods!
Old 02-28-2010, 09:02 AM
ironx

Originally Posted by gerrychuck
The car hasn't been dynotuned with Osiris, just their standard package: base map based on my car and mods, followed by an etune after sending them datalogs. The base tune is very conservative, and they sharpen it up quite a bit once they have actual logs, but still leave the tune more conservative than they would if they actually had the car on a dyno. I haven't datalogged again since to see if it needs any further fine tuning (this winter thing kind of got in the way).

As for tuners, there may be tuners who will tune using Osiris if you have the Tuner version (extra $200), but last time I checked with Uprev there are no Pro Tuners anywhere in western Canada, who are the only ones who can do a one-time tune and reflash with just the cost of the Osiris standard license plus their tuning time. It would be great if there were someone handy. Let me know if you find anyone who does tune with this system. Good luck with your mods!

ztune in Vancouver will do a uprev Osiris tune

http://www.ztune.ca/product.aspx?pro...3-0003ff2732c9
Old 03-05-2010, 06:15 PM
gerrychuck

Originally Posted by ironx
ztune in Vancouver will do a uprev Osiris tune

http://www.ztune.ca/product.aspx?pro...3-0003ff2732c9
Good to know. Too bad they're a 20 hour drive away
Old 03-20-2010, 03:25 PM
ironx

Originally Posted by gerrychuck
Good to know. Too bad they're a 20 hour drive away
ya but worth it im planing on taking the trip to see them
Old 12-25-2012, 03:55 PM
mat306

Another z guy from regina, driving an 03 performance model all stock under the hood right now untill spring arrives.

Last edited by mat306; 12-25-2012 at 03:56 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:19 AM
ironx

Originally Posted by mat306
Another z guy from regina, driving an 03 performance model all stock under the hood right now untill spring arrives.
welcome im in north battleford
Old 01-11-2013, 03:03 PM
mat306

Thank you. I was wondering if any of you guys have thought about putting a turbo in in your z ?
Old 01-12-2013, 09:54 AM
gerrychuck

Originally Posted by mat306
Thank you. I was wondering if any of you guys have thought about putting a turbo in in your z ?
Definitely considering it this winter. I am torn between going single turbo with Boosted Performance out of Edmonton (fantastic quality and customer service, with the added advantage of being close, plus easiest turbo system to install) or going Vortech supercharger for reasons of cost, simplicity, and lower and more progressive torque (and therefore stress on the engine internals). Decisions, decisions.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:44 PM
mat306

I haven't looked to deep into it yet, still pretty new to the car scence but roughly how much do you think it would cost and also how much down time would there be ?