Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

BEHOLD!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2002, 03:22 PM
Stone Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I must have missed your answer to the offset question, TXSTYLE.

So, what offsets do these wheels have?

Thanks.
Old 11-13-2002, 03:30 PM
Traffic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Monster set-up, TX I think though you may want to paint your rear calipers red as well to match the front? Only a suggestion. And don't glaze your pads doing a 60-0 test right out the box!

Forget houses, it KILLS me how smooth your roads are. Here in New Jersey we have the roads (and drivers) of a Third World country.

By the way, you're not rubbing at all up front with the 245/40s? I so, I may elect to go with 245/40s as well vs. 245/35--
Old 11-13-2002, 03:58 PM
TRACK350z

Wink

You have a particular taste!

You guys are arrogant, talking about whos house etc..

You all have a 350Z, so you belong to the same family in my book, cool 350Z loving people. Start treating eachother as such!!

Last edited by TRACK350z; 11-13-2002 at 04:03 PM.
Old 11-13-2002, 06:44 PM
boz

Very nice TXStyle. From your pictures I have made two decisions: I will definitely get wider tires, and splash guards will not see my Z. Your car looks perfect.
Old 11-13-2002, 06:58 PM
vin1024

Originally posted by wundergore
I think that they swapped callipers in that article and that camber change for the rims they used might have had something to do with the stopping distance.

W>
Yes, there was so much camber on the SCC car, that the tires had a greatly reduced contact patch, probably partially causing the slight increase in stopping distances...(there would have been an increase with the stock brakes as well)...
Old 11-13-2002, 07:12 PM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Originally posted by vin1024
Yes, there was so much camber on the SCC car, that the tires had a greatly reduced contact patch, probably partially causing the slight increase in stopping distances...(there would have been an increase with the stock brakes as well)...
You hit the nail on the head! That is EXACTLY what was conveyed to me by ST. And guys, I got to tell ya, these ****'s stop on a dime!!! I actually had a little air in the lines and had em' re-blead today, and.............BOOM, they are truly phenominal brakes and my not only larger tire setup but tire choice makes for an even better car! Lateral cornering, braking and overall stability is very apparent. Put it this way, I was pulling third gear scratches all day long and now, 2ng gear barely chips due to all that "sticky & wide" rubber back there. Thumbs up and inquiries constantly. I was asked today, "Were those brakes an option?"

[QUOTE]Originally posted by boz

Very nice TXStyle. From your pictures I have made two decisions: I will definitely get wider tires, and splash guards will not see my Z. Your car looks perfect.
Thanks a TON bro! I'm all about "uniqueness & quality" when it comes to my cars. And I will agree that after driving around 2 days, this setup truly fits the Z (in other words, how it was meant to be).

TRACK350Z: Well my man, I spoke nothing of houses until a crass remark was made. I have worked hard for what I own and have, and I'm DAMN proud about it!

Dlovtsur: +35 front & back!

Daytona: Dude, No worries! Not a sign of rubbing or otherwise. Again, I researched my setup for the Z including - offset, sizes, and wheel design for months!
Old 11-13-2002, 07:18 PM
twinzz

All this drumroll....and you end up with spaghetti rims? Come on TX, you tease. Where are the REAL rims?

The brakes look sweet tho!
Old 11-13-2002, 07:29 PM
KeNsHiN x

OMG .... what the hell?? i thought it was my comp that screwed up.... o_O weird...........
Old 11-13-2002, 07:36 PM
2003z

The front looks awesome, but the rear really looks wimpy now. You gotta do something about the rears TX! (maybe adapt front brembos from the track or something)
Old 11-13-2002, 07:43 PM
TXSTYLE
Banned

As you may (or may not) know, 80% of your cars brake force is accomplished by the front brakes! So any type of cross-drilled or big-brake setup out back is mostly for appearences. HOWEVER! I do agree that at least my color should match, and that will be addressed very shortly.
Old 11-13-2002, 07:59 PM
z461

hey TXSTYLE, is it just me, or does the 40 series tires up front make it look like there's less wheel gap in front? Also, do the 40 series tires look thicker in person than the 35's in back? (I know they are taller, but is it apparent in person). Do you think you'll have a problem when you drop the car and have to turn the wheel and go over bumps (with the 40-series)? I'm not sure if I still want to go 40-series or 35 in front. I wish my damn wheels would come already though!!
Old 11-14-2002, 02:32 AM
Stone Z

Question

Originally posted by TXSTYLE

Dlovtsur: +35 front & back!

Wouldn't that make the rear wheels stick out 13mm more than the fronts due to the inch difference in wheel width from front to back? I'm not 100% professed when it comes to offsets so please feel free to enlighten me.

The reason I ask is because the wheels I'm looking at are 19x8 and 19x9 with a 38mm offset for both (I would think the rear should be 45mm since it's an inch wider). I don't see how a wheel with different widths and the same offset would protrude out the same distance from the wheel well....am I missing something?
Old 11-14-2002, 03:32 AM
z461

Originally posted by Dlovtsur
Wouldn't that make the rear wheels stick out 13mm more than the fronts due to the inch difference in wheel width from front to back? I'm not 100% professed when it comes to offsets so please feel free to enlighten me.

The reason I ask is because the wheels I'm looking at are 19x8 and 19x9 with a 38mm offset for both (I would think the rear should be 45mm since it's an inch wider). I don't see how a wheel with different widths and the same offset would protrude out the same distance from the wheel well....am I missing something?
38mm offsets will make the wheels tuck inward too much. You want at least a low 30mm or a 30mm offset would be best. Also, the rear would only protrude out 1/2 inch on the inside AND outside, not 1 inch out of one side.
Old 11-14-2002, 11:10 AM
Stone Z

Originally posted by z461
38mm offsets will make the wheels tuck inward too much.
8mm is 3 tenths of an inch, which is a little more than 1/4 inch.....not too much IMO. Sure, ideally you'd want something a little closer to the stock 30mm, but the options right now are very slim for wheels with these specs.

You want at least a low 30mm or a 30mm offset would be best. Also, the rear would only protrude out 1/2 inch on the inside AND outside, not 1 inch out of one side.
13mm=1/2inch

Correct, but pushing the rear wheel out a 1/2 inch is definitely noticable....moreso than the 1/4 inch difference between the 30mm and 38mm offset. I'd rather have *both* wheels tuck in the same amount than have one stick out further than the other.

IMO 38mm is ok for an 8 inch wide rim. 45mm would also be acceptable for a 9 inch wide rim, because you're adding a half inch to either side of the rim, then push the rim back in 7mm which is almost exactly 1/4 of an inch.
Old 11-14-2002, 04:28 PM
Traffic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by VQracer
oops WHAT IN THE HELL DID I DO!

Victor
"He's beginning to believe..."

I notice it says how many credits you have now. I suppose if you save up enough, you get to edit the code for the entire site.
Old 01-07-2003, 09:26 AM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Wanted to give you guys a "follow up". So far the Brakes have worked FLAWLESSLY! They stop on a dime and cool down like a ****! And oh yes, the Axxis Metal Masters BRAKE PADS are just unbelievable!!! I'm talking nearly ZERO dust people after driving and braking all day! Now you guys with factory pads know what I'm talking about! And talk about "Mad Props"! Everywhere I go the car itself is still getting (after 4 months!) ooohs & ahhhs, but with my Wheel & Brake setup...........
Old 01-07-2003, 09:42 AM
visitor

Originally posted by Dean
I have a StopTech front brake kit for my 2002 WRX, and I couldn't be happier with improvement in the Subaru's stopping power. StopTech is a great, customer friendly company. Tech support from StopTech's Matt Weiss is an educational process in itself.

One concern I have about the StopTech upgrade is that Sport Compact Car (Oct 02) actually showed that the stock brakes worked BETTER than the StopTechs ( 113 ft from 60mph vs 119ft.)

What has StopTech done to improve their 350Z kit? Are they using their 332mm rotor or 350mm rotor? Did they solve the rear bias problem they had with the prototype system?

My advice for those who truly appreciate great brakes: BUY THE TRACK MODEL. The factory tested and balanced system is a bargain for its price.

for the love of god...does anyone ever read the entire article??

"So how in the world can big, sticky, R-compound tires and giant brakes add up to longer stopping distances? One word: camber. When we lowered the car, we ended up with several degrees of camber front and rear.

That camber did wonders for our handling, ensuring that with body roll and tire carcass flex, the entire contact patch would be put to good use. In a straight line, though, the tilted tire simply meant that only the inner half of the tread was touching the ground. We proved this with our big, smoky burnouts. After six or seven monster displays of our collective manhood, the inner tread blocks were gone, with a scant few molecular layers of rubber protecting steel belts from our prying eyes. The outer tread blocks, on the other hand, were literally untouched. The front tires were tilted in exactly the same way.

Before releasing this brake kit, of course, Stoptech has planned its full barrage of fade and brake balance tests, all with alignment specs that will allow the brakes to work to their maximum effect. They also plan to offer larger diameter upgrades for those less intent on small wheels."

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/t...rash/index.html

and check out stoptech's website whitesheets. they do know what they're doing.

http://www.stoptech.com/whitepapers/...ake_122701.htm

and the bottom line for brakes like this is to reduce brake fade!

btw, lovely brakes. car and driver did a round up on aftermarket brakes for the wrx. stoptech's performed the best
Old 01-07-2003, 09:43 AM
visitor

Originally posted by Dean

*****...didn't need to post this one.
Old 01-07-2003, 09:52 AM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Originally posted by visitor
for the love of god...does anyone ever read the entire article??

"So how in the world can big, sticky, R-compound tires and giant brakes add up to longer stopping distances? One word: camber. When we lowered the car, we ended up with several degrees of camber front and rear.

That camber did wonders for our handling, ensuring that with body roll and tire carcass flex, the entire contact patch would be put to good use. In a straight line, though, the tilted tire simply meant that only the inner half of the tread was touching the ground. We proved this with our big, smoky burnouts. After six or seven monster displays of our collective manhood, the inner tread blocks were gone, with a scant few molecular layers of rubber protecting steel belts from our prying eyes. The outer tread blocks, on the other hand, were literally untouched. The front tires were tilted in exactly the same way.

Before releasing this brake kit, of course, Stoptech has planned its full barrage of fade and brake balance tests, all with alignment specs that will allow the brakes to work to their maximum effect. They also plan to offer larger diameter upgrades for those less intent on small wheels."

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/t...rash/index.html

and check out stoptech's website whitesheets. they do know what they're doing.

http://www.stoptech.com/whitepapers/...ake_122701.htm

and the bottom line for brakes like this is to reduce brake fade!

btw, lovely brakes. car and driver did a round up on aftermarket brakes for the wrx. stoptech's performed the best
Very well spoken!

Quick Reply: BEHOLD!!!