Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Buyer Beware...

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 01:09 PM
UCMyZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buyer Beware...

I wanted to let everyone know the experience I had dealing with WheelDiscount.com.

I am not saying everyone will have the same problems as I did, but I'll let you make the decision on whether to purchase rims/tires from them.

This is actually a follow-up on my post "Rims sticking out further than tires".

I ordered a 19" Axis Hiro tire/rim pkg from them. When I received the pkg, it didn't look right. There was a gap about 1/2" from rim protector on these falken tires to the rims. It looked awful, and everyone I showed them to said this co. should not have shipped them to me like this. I took some pics and e-mailed them to the person I was dealing with at wheel discount. He received the pics on monday 3/21. He said that he will try and send me a different manufacturers tires (Nitto).

I called each day that week and talked to this person and asked if he received them yet. I mean I called EVERY day, because he always said he would call me back, but never did. I was unable to get a hold of a supervisor until yesterday because each time I asked for a supervisor, someone else would pick up. The tires finally arrived at wheel discount on friday 3/22. They said they could not ship via UPS because of the holiday.

Now, I'm starting to get happy now, thinking they will be shipped to me on the following monday 3/25. I called, and they gave me a tracking number. Great! But, when I tracked it, it said they (UPS) does not have possesion yet. I called, and called, and even e-mailed this person w/ no response. So, I called the next day and asked someone else. They told me that the tires did ship, and for me to wait a day for the UPS system to update. Well, I tried again, but same thing. I called back to wheel discount, and finally someone else told me that these tires are still sitting on their dock!

I then talked to the supervisor, and asked him if I can get these shipped to me for next day delivery. He said he would check and call me back in an hour. 3-4hrs passed by, and I receive a call from him saying next day delivery is too much, and he will find pricing on 2 day. He never called me back. Damn!!!

I called him back and asked him whats the deal. He said he will call me back to see if he can have them delivered to discount tire for saturday delivery 4/2 (2-day shipment). I then asked him why wasn't these tires shipped on monday 3/28, and it sounded like he's starting to get mad at me, and said "Well, I'll try to get these to you by saturday so we can get out of each others' hair. I still haven't heard a reason for why they weren't shipped last monday.

This is a shame. The worse customer service experience I've ever had to deal with. I will never, and I mean NEVER order anything else, nor refer anyone to this awful company.

I'm still waiting for a call from this so-called supervisor to find out when I will receive these replacement tires. 3 weeks have went by, and I can't even enjoy the $2400 I spent on these rims/tires.

Oh, one more thing, I asked a person at www.wheeldiscount.com why their website says they inspect all pkgs before they are shipped, when they shipped me these tires/rims looking like they do. This person said there is nothing wrong w/ these, and the reason for the gap was that it is a lip protector! I asked him its not protecting anything if it's 1/2" away from the rim, and nothing is protecting the rim!!! I also asked him if he would drive on something like this. No answer from him.

Sorry this is so long, but I just had to let the steam out. I am so pissed, and have been for almost 3 weeks now.

So, buyer beware of this company.

Again, this is just the experience "I" received from them and I was very kind on the phone...when I finally did get a hold of someone over there.