Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Anniversary Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 04:29 AM
3rail

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anniversary Wheels

Hey guys. Has anybody ordered a set of Anniversary wheels to replace the stockers? I like the 5 spoke looks and the fact they are the same size as my '05 touring so I should be able to swap out the tires and TPS. I thought about Nismo's but the different wheel width and the cost of new rubber plus that VDC thing has me thinking about getting the Anniversary's if they are available. I don't care for the chrome wheels offered as an accessory, they don't look right with the polished trim. Thoughts?
Thanks.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:32 AM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For the price that they probably cost it would be nicer to get a set of aftermarket wheels. Unless you can find a used set on eBay or in our Classifieds forums.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:19 PM
RANDY350Z

I think those rims look sweet. Far better than the 18's. Although I would try getting a set of Rays Track rims for that price.
Old 04-03-2005, 08:02 AM
ZPirate

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

You would be better off with aftermarket wheels unless you really like the look of the anniversary wheels. With aftermarket wheels you can get bigger and/or wider wheels that are also lighter. I don't know how much the anniversary wheels weigh, but I have heard that they are heavier than the Track wheels. I have the Nismo wheels and love them. They are light, still 18", the same size as my stock wheels, but are wider both front and rear than stock (8.5" front and 9.5" rear). The TPS fits the Nismo wheels too.
Old 04-05-2005, 01:25 PM
zmansoon

I want the anniversary wheels also....How much would they cost through the dealer?
Old 04-05-2005, 03:25 PM
3rail

They ain't cheap.
The wheels full MSRP are close to $800 each, that is without the Anniversary "center caps". I was able to get my dealer down to $600 each with the correct AW center caps. If you have TPS and don't want the buzzer and warning lights, you need to have the sensor installed on the new wheels. I didn't shop around for price, I like doing business with my local dealer, another personal choice.
Everybody has an opinion, I really like the AW's and also the fact I can use my stock tires (which only have 900 miles on them) and my TPS. Plus, and here is another controversy, since they are the same size as my touring wheels, I don't have to worry about the VDC ever causing me a problem. And, I will be the only LS touring around here with the AW's. I like being different. Will post some pics as soon as they get here and I get them installed.
Old 04-05-2005, 06:38 PM
kinjal

Originally Posted by 3rail
They ain't cheap.
The wheels full MSRP are close to $800 each, that is without the Anniversary "center caps". I was able to get my dealer down to $600 each with the correct AW center caps. If you have TPS and don't want the buzzer and warning lights, you need to have the sensor installed on the new wheels. I didn't shop around for price, I like doing business with my local dealer, another personal choice.
Everybody has an opinion, I really like the AW's and also the fact I can use my stock tires (which only have 900 miles on them) and my TPS. Plus, and here is another controversy, since they are the same size as my touring wheels, I don't have to worry about the VDC ever causing me a problem. And, I will be the only LS touring around here with the AW's. I like being different. Will post some pics as soon as they get here and I get them installed.
dayam.. 600 per wheel for nissan anniversary wheels... to each his own, i guess. for that amount of money, you couldve purchased 19 inch volks or racing harts!
Old 04-05-2005, 06:45 PM
zmansoon

Originally Posted by 3rail
They ain't cheap.
Thanks for the answer. I have an enthusiast so no worrying about TPS or VDC for me. Would TCS have any problems going to larger wheels though? Also, that does seem like a lot for factory wheels, I am hoping to pick some used ones up from an anniversary owner who upgrades. Also, hopefully I can sell my stock 17's(and tires) for $500 or so. Only 5k miles on them and no scratches or anything.
Old 04-05-2005, 07:21 PM
kinjal

Originally Posted by zmansoon
Thanks for the answer. I have an enthusiast so no worrying about TPS or VDC for me. Would TCS have any problems going to larger wheels though? Also, that does seem like a lot for factory wheels, I am hoping to pick some used ones up from an anniversary owner who upgrades. Also, hopefully I can sell my stock 17's(and tires) for $500 or so. Only 5k miles on them and no scratches or anything.
tcs wont be affected by upgrading to bigger wheels/tires. most anniversary owners will be looking to either keep their wheels, or charge a steep price for their wheels (limited edition). there are alot of other wheels that are a lot better than the stock anniversary wheels. i wouldnt pay more than 1500 for a complete set with tires,
Old 04-30-2005, 06:20 AM
3rail

Hey guys, it has taken a little while, but here are the AW's installed on my ride.

Old 04-30-2005, 06:41 AM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i MIGHT sell mine if you guys could wait a month or so. Already got volks and toyos. IF i do sell mine, they would include tires and tps BRAND NEW (cuz i'll be swapping them out on day one right after I pickup the car). Thinking around 2g's. not too sure yet. Will keep you guys posted.
Old 04-30-2005, 08:57 AM
ssc

$600/wheel for those AE wheels are not worth it....they aren't even Ray's, right?....so not forged/lightweight either. right?
you could get way better aftermarket wheels for around that price and some of them do accomadate the TPS too
Old 04-30-2005, 11:06 AM
RANDY350Z

I think for that price then, I would go for either Nismo's or a set of Rays that are in new condition.