Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Wheelspacers - Cause extra stress on hubs?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 09:58 AM
daveh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheelspacers - Cause extra stress on hubs?

Do you think wheelspacers cause extra stress on the hubs if the overall wheel offset is still reasonable?
For example I am running +35 front wheels and I have a 5mm spacer which equates to a +30 offset.

If a wheel is sold in +25mm offset and a +35mm offset won't adding a 10mm spacer be essentially the same? Is the shape of the cast any different on the different offset wheels with the difference of being a little thicker at the hub?

Just posing some food for thought. I have excessive hub flex up front out on track and was thinking if my tiny 5mm spacers might be adding to the problem.
Old 04-27-2005, 10:01 AM
SangWL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by daveh
Do you think wheelspacers cause extra stress on the hubs if the overall wheel offset is still reasonable?
For example I am running +35 front wheels and I have a 5mm spacer which equates to a +30 offset.

If a wheel is sold in +25mm offset and a +35mm offset won't adding a 10mm spacer be essentially the same? Is the shape of the cast any different on the different offset wheels with the difference of being a little thicker at the hub?

Just posing some food for thought. I have excessive hub flex up front out on track and was thinking if my tiny 5mm spacers might be adding to the problem.

i have the spacers, and honestly i can't say if they will be added stress, i'm guessing there would be, but i can't say per se because i don't bring my car on the track.

i got my spacers from wheelapadters.com and his clientele is nascar as well as consumers like you and i.

i've had mine for about 10000 miles and no problems, i'm guessing if they are good enough for nascar they are good enough for our cars.

hope this helps bro.

sang