Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

BBS LM's...

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2005, 01:21 PM
Melodic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BBS LM's...

Anyone have pics of BBS LM's on a Z? I've searched, but I have yet to find any. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-21-2005, 01:27 PM
Nano

there are a couple of pics on tirerack.

BBS LM had huge clearance issues with brembos and big brakes so they aren't too popular. Great wheel, but if brakes won't fit...

Last edited by Nano; 05-21-2005 at 01:29 PM.
Old 05-21-2005, 01:32 PM
Melodic

Originally Posted by Nano
there are a couple of pics on tirerack.

BBS LM had huge clearance issues with brembos and big brakes so they aren't too popular. Great wheel, but if brakes won't fit...

Damn, that sucks. I love the LM's and think they would look great on the Z. Im really surprised that they have issues fitting over the Brembos. I know other people who have them on differnet cars that have larger brakes than the Z has and they have no issues. Thanks for the info.
Old 05-22-2005, 09:53 AM
tranzholik

that is completely false information....why wouldnt the lm fit the z. chose the proper offset, then it will fit just like any other wheels.
there are many z's with lm
Old 05-22-2005, 10:32 AM
Wicked4u2c

Originally Posted by tranzholik
that is completely false information....why wouldnt the lm fit the z. chose the proper offset, then it will fit just like any other wheels.
Agreed, LM= Le Man's. Made for racing and big brake kits, I can't see a company like BBS who caters to the racing world not making a Big Brake compliant wheel.
Old 05-22-2005, 10:43 AM
Nano

Originally Posted by tranzholik
on what fact do you claim the information is false? BBS LMs (like other high-end BBS wheels) are application specific, model 194-195 to be precise for 350z, it's not a question of "picking" the right offset, there is only 1 application. As far as I know 18" LMs require spacers to clear brembos.

That is what I have been told. I bought my 18" BBS RGR from tirerack and the only reason I didn't buy 18" LMs is because they didn't fit the brembos without spacers.

that;s what I have been told by the tirerack sale rep. If you look on the tirerack website, LMs are available for non-brembo 350z, but NOT available for track 350z. Same thing for 18" RS-GT I think (but not sure)

Anyway, just email BBS japan or tirerack and you will have the answer.

Last edited by Nano; 05-22-2005 at 11:07 AM.
Old 05-22-2005, 06:36 PM
King Tut

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I gotta agree with Nano. I did some research on them and Tirerack doesn't even list the LM as an option for a Track model 350Z like he said. When I think of those wheels I think of large lips and very flat faces that would make caliper clearance difficult.
Old 05-22-2005, 08:07 PM
Melodic

This sure is a downer! Since I cant seem to find pics of the LM's on a Z, I had to do some PS work. I think they would look great. BTW, I dont want 18's, I would like to go 19's. Sounds to me like BBS needs to make the LM's fit over the Track Brembos (if the above info is correct) because this is the model I was looking to purchase.
Attached Thumbnails BBS LM's...-csx_350z_05_base_ky0_lg11sd.jpg  
Old 05-22-2005, 11:23 PM
35oZephyR

A good buddy of mines has BBS LM's on his audi. There is barely any lip on an 8.5 wide rim.

The spokes seem pretty flat so you can still get big brake kits back there, IF the spokes sit close to the outer barrel.
It wouldn't leave you room to go with an aggressive offset where you'd have a huge lip in back. Alot of Z guys want that noticeable offset with a lip in back so the BBS LM's are not that popular since it'd have to be shallow.

Porsches can have a little lip in the back with the LM's because they can go a little wider. (11+)

In general though, BBS LM's are not the "big lip" wheel to get. They're more of the serious, no B.S. track wheel.
Old 05-23-2005, 07:29 AM
bstansbu

Originally Posted by Melodic
This sure is a downer! Since I cant seem to find pics of the LM's on a Z, I had to do some PS work. I think they would look great. BTW, I dont want 18's, I would like to go 19's. Sounds to me like BBS needs to make the LM's fit over the Track Brembos (if the above info is correct) because this is the model I was looking to purchase.
That Z looks nice with those BBS rims. If that is the look you are shooting for, make sure you will also lower your Z, because it will not look anything like the Z you posted a picture of. That Z is lowered at least 3/4 inch most likely 1-1.5 inches. looking good!! BEN
Old 05-23-2005, 09:52 AM
Melodic

Originally Posted by bstansbu
That Z looks nice with those BBS rims. If that is the look you are shooting for, make sure you will also lower your Z, because it will not look anything like the Z you posted a picture of. That Z is lowered at least 3/4 inch most likely 1-1.5 inches. looking good!! BEN

Believe me, it WILL be lowered. Most cars dont look good until they have aftermarket wheels, tint and are lowered. I was hoping IF the BBS's were to fit, that I could get some kind of lip, but I guess not. There are other wheels that I like, but I've always loved the LM's so they were my first choice. I guess I will have to go with Volks or something. Like 350ZEPHYR stated, they're racing wheels and thats definately the look I was hoping to go for. Oh well, you cant always get what you want.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:37 AM
05-Z

http://www.stillen.com/sportscars_de...d=43310&main=1

One of Stillen's project cars....these wheels rock, but I think they look better on other cars.
Old 05-23-2005, 11:32 AM
Nano

Believe me, it WILL be lowered. Most cars dont look good until they have aftermarket wheels, tint and are lowered. I was hoping IF the BBS's were to fit, that I could get some kind of lip, but I guess not. There are other wheels that I like, but I've always loved the LM's so they were my first choice. I guess I will have to go with Volks or something. Like 350ZEPHYR stated, they're racing wheels and thats definately the look I was hoping to go for. Oh well, you cant always get what you want.
the LMs have a lip in the back. It's a double ridge lip, it's not GIGANTIC, but it's a good lip.

you might want to check out the OZ superleggera III. They have a good lip, multipiece and no clearance issues it seems

http://www.pcauto.com.cn/playcar/mod...0Zsmall_02.jpg

Last edited by Nano; 05-23-2005 at 11:56 AM.
Old 05-23-2005, 12:46 PM
Melodic

Originally Posted by Nano
the LMs have a lip in the back. It's a double ridge lip, it's not GIGANTIC, but it's a good lip.

you might want to check out the OZ superleggera III. They have a good lip, multipiece and no clearance issues it seems

http://www.pcauto.com.cn/playcar/mod...0Zsmall_02.jpg

Sorry, I dont think I explained myself very well. What I meant about the lip was, I know they have a lip (stepped), but I was hoping that the rear lips would be larger than the front. My impression (from readin info above) was that the rear lips would be the same size as the fronts.

I think the larger flat lips look good on the Z's, but the "racey" look of the LM's was mor ethe look I was trying to achieve.
Old 05-23-2005, 01:00 PM
Nano

the rear lip is bigger.

the rear being 10" and the front being 9", with the same +25 offset means the rear lip is 1/2 inch bigger than the front. that's for 18"

I don't have a clue about 19", never really considered 19"... actually considered 17".
Old 05-23-2005, 05:33 PM
35oZephyR

BBS LM's are actually manufactured in Japan so in the past couple of years I've seen a few pics of LM's on some Japanese 350z's.

On most setups, the rear-lip is not that much bigger than the front-lip. The step-lip sort of masks the effect.
This is also true on M3's, unless they go with a custom widebody set-up.
They look great on touring sedans, or on a super aggressive offset for a Porsche, but kinda tame on a Z.

Melodic,
You might have to order through a vendor that deals straight out of Japan if you want an aggressive offset on the LM's. This will also involve rolling of the fenders.

19" LM's are beautiful but from what I've researched, I believe they're pretty heavy. (correct me if I'm wrong) But I think the insides are cast while the outer barrels are forged, putting a typical 19" inch 10"wide wheel close to 27lbs.
Old 05-23-2005, 07:09 PM
Melodic

Originally Posted by 35oZephyR
BBS LM's are actually manufactured in Japan so in the past couple of years I've seen a few pics of LM's on some Japanese 350z's.

On most setups, the rear-lip is not that much bigger than the front-lip. The step-lip sort of masks the effect.
This is also true on M3's, unless they go with a custom widebody set-up.
They look great on touring sedans, or on a super aggressive offset for a Porsche, but kinda tame on a Z.

Melodic,
You might have to order through a vendor that deals straight out of Japan if you want an aggressive offset on the LM's. This will also involve rolling of the fenders.

19" LM's are beautiful but from what I've researched, I believe they're pretty heavy. (correct me if I'm wrong) But I think the insides are cast while the outer barrels are forged, putting a typical 19" inch 10"wide wheel close to 27lbs.

Well, I've been doing some looking around today and I think Im going to just go with Volks. I dug up some pics of Z's I had saved from a few months back and the Volks are looking damn good, especially on the silver. I believe you're correct about the weight. I dont even have the Z yet, so I wont order wheels until I can figure out exactly what I want to do. I really appreciate all feedback thus far.
Old 05-23-2005, 07:17 PM
Audito350Z

if you are shopping BBS LMs, then you should consider Kinesis K29.... price is close to an LM, and you can get them in any offset/backspacing configuration... fits over anything you plan yo use for big brakes...

http://www.kinesismotorsport.com/K29.htm
Old 05-23-2005, 07:37 PM
Melodic

Originally Posted by Audito350Z
if you are shopping BBS LMs, then you should consider Kinesis K29.... price is close to an LM, and you can get them in any offset/backspacing configuration... fits over anything you plan yo use for big brakes...

http://www.kinesismotorsport.com/K29.htm

They're nice looking. Where in Houston are you?
Old 05-23-2005, 08:02 PM
35oZephyR

Well, I've been doing some looking around today and I think Im going to just go with Volks. I dug up some pics of Z's I had saved from a few months back and the Volks are looking damn good, especially on the silver. I believe you're correct about the weight. I dont even have the Z yet, so I wont order wheels until I can figure out exactly what I want to do. I really appreciate all feedback thus far.
I looked at everything from HRE's, Iforged, Kinesis, Works, BBS....you name it. I always liked the step-lip on porsches and other high-end Japanese cars.

There was just something so alluring about the Volk's straight lip....

I have SF-challenges but these are great pics of some mesh style wheels. Love the straight lip. (last one are kinesis)
Attached Thumbnails BBS LM's...-sf-t32gzz1.jpg   BBS LM's...-sf-t32gzz.jpg   BBS LM's...-sf-t32gzz2.jpg   BBS LM's...-dscf0259.jpg  

Quick Reply: BBS LM's...