Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Aftermarket Rims....Does the Lug pattern matter?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2005, 11:08 PM
grafx77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Rims....Does the Lug pattern matter?

Whats up people, this is my very first post on this forum.

I just purchased my 350z last week and have already paid for an 8pc VADER KIT and am now looking at aftermarket rims, preferably 19".

I have been looking around on the internet for quite some time and would like to know if the 5 Lug Pattern has to be an exact digit or do I have some leeway on this number? I have looked at a few 5 X 114.3s, 5 X 115s, and 5 X 112s. Hopefully the pattern doesnt have to be exact because I have seen quite a few nice 5 Lug wheels within these ranges.

Secondly, has anyone felt or seen a significant differance in HP once they have switched from stock 17" to 19". I have switched over to 20"s on my last few SUVS that I have purchased and was not happy with the shaking,rattling and stiffness of my ride after a few months of travel. Anyone got tha shakes after switching?

My concern is that with the 8 pc body kit and the 19" wheels, the HP will drop considerably, since I hear that 6Ibs of weight = 1 less HP. Any advice on this would be appreciated. What results have you obtained when switching from 17" to 19" or 20" wheels?

Thank you,
Graf-X
Old 06-08-2005, 11:21 PM
slowxturtle

you need to get 5x 114.3 or it will never make it on, even with a sledge hammer.
Old 06-08-2005, 11:24 PM
MethodRN
For Sale

welcome and congrats.

yes the partterns do matter. For the Z 5x114.3 is what will work.

If you get some light wieght wheels and keep the overall same diameter as stock tire and wheel combo you shouldn't feel too much of a loss. If you're that concerned about accelaration then stick to 18's. This will also take care of your concerns w/ shakes, rattles and stiffness. The more side wall on your tires the easier the ride. You can also address the stiffness w/ adjustable dampners, but that is a different story. Also are you planning on doing suspension mods cause that could also determine what you can do in terms of wheels.
Old 06-10-2005, 08:57 PM
grafx77

Arrow

Originally Posted by MethodRN
welcome and congrats.

yes the partterns do matter. For the Z 5x114.3 is what will work.

If you get some light wieght wheels and keep the overall same diameter as stock tire and wheel combo you shouldn't feel too much of a loss. If you're that concerned about accelaration then stick to 18's. This will also take care of your concerns w/ shakes, rattles and stiffness. The more side wall on your tires the easier the ride. You can also address the stiffness w/ adjustable dampners, but that is a different story. Also are you planning on doing suspension mods cause that could also determine what you can do in terms of wheels.

Thanks for letting me know about the wheels, saved me alot of time.

I have thought about getting suspension mods because of how touchy the stock suspension is on the 350. I mean I can feel every little bump and groove on the road when I drive this machine.

I wanted to style my 350 for show mainly. With the 8pc body kit, rims, spoiler, and audio customs, I would be content. Im not worried as much about the performance end, but would like to have more of a smoother ride. What is the cheapest way of going about this? If it is suspension mods, what can I get for a reasonable rate that will fix the stiffness on the road?