Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Tire Quality and Durability Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 03:06 PM
autois4pussies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire Quality and Durability Thread

Hi,

I recently purchased rims and so I have been hunting for tires and did searches here but didn't seem to find a whole lot of information. Considering how tire wear is a big factor for us especially with the tire feathering issue, I thought it would be cool to start a thread where people could post what brand tires they have run (including model), how many miles did it last before you had to change, your driving style (lots of track use or calm driver or whatever), and also to keep the posts meaningful please post the tires you are currently using and are still drivable only if you have over 10k miles on it (any less would not prove to be useful). I think it would help those of us who are looking to buy new tires to see which tires lasted the longest on our car.

Just a thought, could be useful or could not. :]

Thanks guys
Old 07-15-2005, 03:10 PM
DBZCat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i know there have been some threads on this matter, but again it is really hard to answer this question because so many people drive different, different locations/weather conditions, tracking, racing etc....

for instance I have had my toyo t1 s for 12,000 miles and I still have alot of tread left...... of course that will change now that I have a vortech! LOL
Old 07-15-2005, 07:37 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

24,000 on OEM tires. I drive fast but conservative; no track or burnouts.

Just changed to Toyo T1 Rs.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:46 PM
autois4pussies

thanks for adding!

12,000 on my oem ;[. No burnouts or track, just some twisties once in a while.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:28 PM
ReavTek

About 12k on OEM Potenzas but those tires are garbage. Very squirlly handling and really crap at the limit. I then moved on to Falken Azenis ST115s and wow they are amazing tires and a great value. I got about 10k or so out of those but I really dogged them. Toyo Proxes have disappointed me thus far treadlife wise but they handle exceptionally well. I have about 13k on them now and am probably at the legal minimum for remaining tread. This is after driving very conservatively on them in sunny South FL. They seem to become hard and more noisy after about 10k miles and lose alot of the initial uber traction. These tires are horrible in the wet but fantastic in dry weather. I spun my Z just last week in wet weather conditions and it spooked me a bit so I think I'll give some more consideration to tires that do better in wet weather.