Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Should we consider a group purchase of HRE's wheels????

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2002, 01:51 PM
Russ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great info Jeff, Thanks

So one HRE person tells you the 445's on the SEMA Z are polished and another HRE person tells me the 445's on the SEMA Z are brushed. Argh, confusing!

Hope you get some pics that can actually show the difference between these two finishes. At least you live close enough to go check it out in person.
Old 12-13-2002, 02:00 PM
Driven

Considering Jeff started this deal...and won't get back in town from his vacations until Jan 5th...AND he will be able to give us good info after his tour of HRE, I propose we move the deadline out until Jan. 15th. Would everyone who has posted interest in this group buy please respond as to whether or not this is too late for your wheel plans. I know we are all anxious, but this would give us all time to get ahold of other Z owners and possibly get the numbers up there while also showing some consideration for the one who got this going...

All in favor?

Jeff looking forward to your pics. Can you ask her if it is possible to have the backs of the wheels polished as an option? And if so what the costs would be...or maybe Avalon Racing can answer for us? What is the finish of the rear of the barrel? It looks to be a dull matt finish and I'm not too keen on this. If this is the case, I'd want the rear of the barrel polished before assembly (best time to do it) and would want to know the charges to do so. If it is already polished...my bad...just doesn't look that way in pictures. Also, it was mentioned that you would need to know if we plan to use stock valve stems....would there be an additional charge for this? And if we ever change our setup, does this ruin the possibility of using a standard valve stem in the future????
Old 12-13-2002, 02:11 PM
Driven

By the way...as a suggestion to those of us that have a financial interest in getting these HRE's at the lowest possible price, might I make a suggestion?

Contact the dealer you purchased your Z from and ask for the names of other buyers of the car. Depending on the relationship of the dealership and the other buyers I wouldn't think they would have an issue giving that info out. If so, maybe you could explain why and ask that they forward your name and at least your email asking that they contact you (although I wouldn't hold my breath on that one) I already know one guy that bought his Z from the same dealership who may be interested!
Old 12-13-2002, 02:25 PM
Avalon Racing
Sponsor
Avalon Racing

Default More data

Moving the deadline is a potential if the initial purchases is no less than the 5-8 category. Cutoff are important for those who have procurred wheels outside of a GB and had to pay normal prices.

The SEMA car had 840R wheels per HRE.

As for polished backs. The centers are polished on the back but not the rim part. With a basic metal polish it takes about 20 minutes per wheel for polish them.

We do that on our show cars. Polishing of the backs are not part of HRE's offering and would be expensive to have them machine polished.

I am running the GB for all the known 350Z forums right now. This should help with the numbers.

Nissan is not allowed to disclose owner data. It violates confidentially rules. It never hurts to ask though!.

Remember we need firm orders to start the discounting. We have send out two quotes already. All the quotes will be done at the 1-4 rate. As we hit each threshold the discounts will be applied to the remaining balance after the deposits.

Regards
Old 12-13-2002, 02:30 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
Default lets try this agin in the correct thread!

Thanks for consideration!
Driven and others too:

Thanks for consideration in my situation. I do not expect everyone to plan around me but if you guys can do it, thanks a lot. I am concerned in wanting to get a lower rate so I hope I can be included in a good group price. Several advantages exist by waiting as mentioned by driven in that this allows the list of buyers to increase thus cost goes down. Additioaanlly, when I go to the plant to tour it, I can do visuals for you guys if you like. Sure, i can bring a list of questions with me for them to answer but why not e-mail Renee ahead of time. She prefers e-mail because it allows her to answer questions that fits her schedule ( I am guessing on the reason, she just told me she prefers e-mails). I am posting their address/phone number too just incase you feel you need to talk to her about special things such as driven was requesting - special polishing etc. She mentioned that these wheels are made to fit and they pride themselves in making the customer happy. Remember, a lot of their customers are for much higher end cars then ours so I assume they are use to special/custom orders. She already mentioned that they will paint wheels to a specific paint code/color number. I bet you can get a lot of specialization. As with many things, I assume if you throw enough money at it, you can get what you want.

I also assume that things like wheels sizes etc, they would prefer you call/contact a vendor ie avalon but some things the factory might be best to talk to about. Remember, they are not selling direct so lets only talk to them about special features and not over do it when Avalon might be able to get answers to us quicker etc. Here is ways to contact them:

HRE Performance Wheels
2453 Cades Way, Bldg. A,
Vista, CA 92083
Tel: 760.598.1960
Fax: 760.598.5885
E-mail: sales@hrewheels.com
Renee e-mail reneej@hrewheels.com

PS: Renee did mention to me that when they set up a show car like the 350Z lemans, that it worked fine with no set backs. In otherwords, the size wheels & tires work without suspension problems or wheels rubbing.

Jeff...
Old 12-13-2002, 02:34 PM
Russ

I have no problem moving the date to Jan 15th or even somewhat later.

No offense, but those can't be 840R's on the SEMA car can they? There's definitely rivets showing on the SEMA Z but the 840 images on the HRE website don't show rivets.

Are the rivets an option for the 840R series?
Attached Thumbnails Should we consider a group purchase of HRE's wheels????-enlarge-845r.jpg  
Old 12-13-2002, 02:36 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Default clearing the air

Russ:

Renee mentioned to me that the show car had two different wheels on it. Depending on which side you were looking at would determine which finish and wheel you were seeing. As I posted....

5. The Lemans show car with the HRE's had 445's polished on one side and 449's brushed on the other side. The car had 19x9.5 fts w/27530 tires. Rears had 19x10.5 w/9530 tires. She rode in the car and felt it rode great but on the otherhand, she did not ride in the stock version before the upgrade.
I know it is easy to overlook that detail and it makes sense if you are showing off wheels to have 2 different options displayed on one car.

Jeff
Old 12-13-2002, 02:38 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Default pics from renee

here is what Renee of HRE sent me so far....
Old 12-13-2002, 02:38 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Default more pics HRE

more HRE pics from Renee
Old 12-13-2002, 02:39 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Default more HRE pics from Renee

more HRE pics from Renee
Old 12-13-2002, 02:42 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Default FYI

FYI, the last 3 pics had the folowwing wheels starting from beg to last post:
1. 543 wheels
2. 540 18's
3. 545 17"s
Old 12-13-2002, 02:51 PM
Avalon Racing
Sponsor
Avalon Racing

Default Those are all my customers and....

The red car my personal show car.

ZLand Call me
Old 12-13-2002, 02:52 PM
Avalon Racing
Sponsor
Avalon Racing

Default Our Show Car

Old 12-13-2002, 03:00 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Default avalon

Avalon...I am looking for your phone number, post it, I will call, thanks, Zland (Jeff)
Old 12-13-2002, 03:12 PM
Goober
Charter Member #57

Damn, wish I had my scanner. I have a ton of pics from my 300ZX of the 546's which I read that at least one person wants.

I am glad that you all went with Paul (Avalon). Again, I could not say enough great things about his service and how much he helped me out with my previous order of these wheels. It makes my decision harder whether or not to get in on the GB because I would not have ordered from anyone else. The extras that Paul is offering only sweetens the deal.

As for the weight.....again, my 17F and 18R setup with tires weighed less than my stock 16's with tires. I don't remember them weighing more than 24lbs. The wheel is exceptionally well made. I had polished centers and rims without clearcoat and they could be a pain to get waterspots and the such off.

Paul, you did say that the 800's are not able to be included in for the group prices?

Guys, right now I am 50/50 on this as I will have to go against my promise of 1 year without mods. I would have to say that I will most likely be in on this but have to research the colors,prices and sizes a bit to figure it out. Based on the price that I received on my previous purchase, this deal will be incredible even if we don't get the biggest discount offered.

Great job by all and keep the info flowing. I will post on other sites that haven't seen this info yet.
Old 12-13-2002, 03:13 PM
Goober
Charter Member #57

Default Re: avalon

Originally posted by zland
Avalon...I am looking for your phone number, post it, I will call, thanks, Zland (Jeff)
Go to Avalon Racing . Look under contacts I believe.
Old 12-13-2002, 03:16 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Default list tally!

Here is what I got so far:

1. Jeff/zland : 18x8.5 & 18x10 545's (maybe 445 or other series depending on price) Should I go 19's?
2. Jeff 19 x 9 and 19 x 10.5 445s (jak)
3. Kevin/ls350: either 540, 545 or 445s (ls350z) - I'll decide on size and style by tomorrow if need be
4. John/bigjohnjuan: Have you decided on wheels size/model # yet?
5. Russ: Have you decided on wheels size/model # yet?
6. Driven: Have you decided on wheels size/model # yet?
7. Goober/Craig may do it, 50% chance

If i missed something/someone, add or change list as needed.
Old 12-13-2002, 03:17 PM
Avalon Racing
Sponsor
Avalon Racing

Default * series will be available - Yes

603-425-2270 is the phone.

Regards
Old 12-13-2002, 04:12 PM
Russ

Default Re: list tally!

Here is what I got so far:

1. Jeff/zland : 18x8.5 & 18x10 545's (maybe 445 or other series depending on price) Should I go 19's?
2. Jeff 19 x 9 and 19 x 10.5 445s (jak)
3. Kevin/ls350: either 540, 545 or 445s (ls350z) - I'll decide on size and style by tomorrow if need be
4. John/bigjohnjuan: Have you decided on wheels size/model # yet?
5. Russ: 18x9 & 18x10 446R
6. Driven: Have you decided on wheels size/model # yet?
7. Goober/Craig may do it, 50% chance

If i missed something/someone, add or change list as needed.
Old 12-13-2002, 05:10 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Default what I did today....

Fellow searchers for nice wheels:

I just got off the phone (for over 30 mins) talking to Paul of Avalon. After talking to Renee of HRE direct today and Paul of avalon, it is apparent to me he is well connected to HRE and that he can answer almost any question you guys will have about those wheels. . He knows a lot about wheels, tires, and everything else Z related including performance mods. He has tested these wheels, tires, and suspension systems on this car on the track and has contacts with Nissan giving them feedback so he seems like a good source to tap for us ..that is just me thinking, you must judge for yourself.

If you are really interested in these wheels, call him during normal work hours (603) 425-2270. He can go over wheel sizes (pros/cons of look and performances), tires, finish of HRE's, options, etc. He knows what offsets to use considering wheel sizes, brakes and suspension so this should be very helpful. BTW, his company is already selling larger brakes and suspension systems. Go to his webpage. Interesting mods already.

All of this might sound like an advertisement but I am not trying to make it be that way. I just feel that his experience can help you with deciding what to get or at least bouncing it off someone that has done a lot of these things before. Remember, information is power. I hope all of you keep doing your part. together, we should be able to get the best price for the better product. I am just trying to help out.

IF we are going to go for this with him, he told me you need to contact him to actually inform him you are serious. He will send you info you need to give hm back. Then, he knows who the players are. He will give you the 1-4 group price and when the real buyers exceed 4, then it moves to the 5-8 price. After that, the 9+ price. In otherwords, as the amount of buyers increases, the prices lower. The difference between the 1-4 sales price and the 9+ price is about $100 per wheel (depending on which you pick).

I will let him post prices. That is not my deal to do and it is up to him to decide to post it or tell each of us individually. I will be away soon, I hope everyone gets what they want. I will go about ordering upon my return in January...

Well, that does it, I hope this all helps! Jeff

Quick Reply: Should we consider a group purchase of HRE's wheels????