Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Should we consider a group purchase of HRE's wheels????

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2002, 05:20 PM
Avalon Racing
Sponsor
Avalon Racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default We have paid customers already

Let's keep the momemtum going.

The one customer (another forum ) + jeff confirmed - we are 1/2 of the way to the next lower price.

Time to get your quotes.

Regards
Old 12-13-2002, 05:25 PM
Driven

Well...Avalon Racing is going to send me my quote tomorrow. I understand he does a great deal of business with HRE and is an invaluable resource for us, and no offense is meant by this, but: who are the other HRE distributors that want to play here?

I am in business and have NEVER received the absolute best prices without competition. I do not doubt that Paul can give us an excellent price, but since he welcomes competition, lets go guys....lets have some. Anyone that wants to get involved...but may be shy on the board can feel free to PM me. I am looking to get not only myself but everyone the very best deal. I appreciate Paul's willingness to work with us, but refuse to make this large of a purchase with a "take it for granted" attitude.

Jeff, your above "tally" can be updated with my request for:
445R reversed lip
18 x 9"
18 x 10.5"
Standard Silver w/ polished lip

I am trying to better understand the difference between the standard and the "R". After your most recent email to me I am now confused. Additonally I may ultimately alter my final order upon greater education...but that is what it is for the time being.
Old 12-13-2002, 06:19 PM
TheOne

im in a bit of a dilemma....as of right now i dont have the Z and it will probably be close to a year or so before i do (due to different reasons). And im 96% (<---- ) positive that im going to get the car...so should i order the HRE wheels with you guys now (if hte price is right) or should i just wait? i mean its not 100% im going to get the car soon or even at all but this group buy seems great so should i just buy them now and hold on to them and if anything sell them if i dont get my z or what?

sincerely
kip

p.s. reselling the rims should be relatively easy right since they are quality rims or am i just being too optimistic...
Old 12-13-2002, 06:26 PM
Stone Z

Lightbulb

Originally posted by TheOne
p.s. reselling the rims should be relatively easy right since they are quality rims or am i just being too optimistic...
Reselling unmounted rims of HRE quality should not be a problem whatsoever. You'll even, more than likely, recover what you paid for them if you get a good deal on them initially.
Old 12-13-2002, 06:34 PM
Driven

Kip,

Couple of ways to look at it: I've heard that quality wheels like these are relatively easy to resell. Matter of fact someone else posted they bought some quality wheels and used them for two years and resold them for nearly 80% of what he bought them for...and they were USED! If you were forced to sell yours they would be NEW and the price you may get them for with this group buy would likely mean you walk away with very little lost if anything. On the other hand...if I were in your shoes I would give a great deal of though to how likely it is that you are going to get the Z. I, of course, strongly urge you to do so...you won't be disappointed. Only you can ultimately answer this one...but please don't sign up unless you are serious about this. We only want to bank on those that have given a good deal of thought to this. I am positive if we get a good enough price...I WANT the HRE's. I've been comparing everything else to them since I saw the model I wanted nearly six months ago...price was my only obsticle. Let us know what you decide, we'd be happy to have you join us and I'm sure you'd get your money back...but why resell them...just buy the Z to put them on.
Old 12-13-2002, 07:35 PM
lee2375

remember guys, service is also important, not only price. The same service we provide for Mercedes, BMW, and Lexus owners, i'm sure the guys at Avalon can provide.

We have done bunches of HREs for these cars (check the our website gallery), these are only a very select few of those who sent is pictures. My expertise is European vehicles and lexus, and I know these cars extremely well. If the guys at avalon provide the same type of service we provide, I'm sure they will not screw you guys over.

Just because there is not another vendor does not mean you will not get the best prices or service. I really didn't want to engage in a bidding war with anyone, especially on a forum we do not sponsor or a car we do not "specialize" in, so I chose on my own accord to leave the GB to the guys at Avalon. I would hope in the future someone would extend me the same courtesy on my own turf.

my .02 cents, see you guys around!

Last edited by lee2375; 12-13-2002 at 07:40 PM.
Old 12-13-2002, 07:48 PM
Driven

Lee2375,

As mentioned, I do not question Avalon Racing's integrity or abilty to provide exceptional service...but do welcome friendly competition for the reasons posted. I for one do appreciate your reasons for bowing out. I do believe what goes around comes around and am sure your integrity will be rewarded ten fold.
Old 12-13-2002, 09:02 PM
lee2375

Driven,

I fully understand your point, and it is a good one. I was just mentioning as something to consider. I was not attacking you in any way.

I certainly do hope that we will be rewarded for all the things we do...I just really have a different philosophy as a business owner/manager. It is unfortunate that the wheel business really lacks integrity these days.

BTW I am positive the 445s on the Z posted are brushed aluminum...I saw the car in person at SEMA.

Last edited by lee2375; 12-13-2002 at 09:05 PM.
Old 12-13-2002, 09:16 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
Default I am impressed

lee2375

I was impressed with your integrity concerning Avalon and the GB. That is big of you to step up to the plate the way you did. I hope others as well as myself remember it. You seem like a good guy!

Jeff
Old 12-13-2002, 09:44 PM
TheOne

Originally posted by Driven

we'd be happy to have you join us and I'm sure you'd get your money back...but why resell them...just buy the Z to put them on.
i wish it was that easy...the main reason i dont want a Z right now or anytime soon cause i dont know i can carry the responsiblities of a car like that...yes there is the always hte money issues but foremost i have to mature alot more before i can drive something like that. I feel im a danger to me and others around when if i had a fast car like that so i just have to see and i dont know if that is going to be any time soon so why have a set of wheels sitting around for no car...but thank you for your imput, and any other advice would be appreciated...
Old 12-14-2002, 05:15 AM
Avalon Racing
Sponsor
Avalon Racing

Default Remember - we need your data

to get the quotes out and the deposits done.

Regards
Old 12-14-2002, 05:34 AM
Avalon Racing
Sponsor
Avalon Racing

Default Zland - please send me your e-mail address

Zland - I need your regular e-mail address to send your quotes.

Regards
Old 12-14-2002, 10:04 PM
NASTY_Z

I would definately be interested in a group buy of those wheels.
Old 12-14-2002, 10:06 PM
NASTY_Z

Originally posted by NASTY_Z
I would definately be interested in a group buy of those wheels.
whoever is organizing this can you please email me the info to ScottJean111@yahoo.com
Old 12-15-2002, 09:02 AM
Ohio350z

I am interested in the rims also, PM me for my contact info and prices.
Old 12-15-2002, 09:50 AM
Avalon Racing
Sponsor
Avalon Racing

Default All the date we need ....

has been posted in the tread. Please -mail (NOT PM) us so we can get your quote done.

Regards
Old 12-15-2002, 10:24 AM
Russ

Default Interactive 350Z/HRE Wheel Viewer

Okay, here's my first crack at a wheel viewer. (Driven requested it back on page 3 about a quarter of the way down the page) Being the usual lazy programmer, I started with a known working sample (http://www.eachat.net/350z/) and then tweaked the file names, locations, etc to get it working.

It's not perfect since you have to scroll down the page to see the the various HRE series, then clicking on one of the wheels automatically jumps you back to the top of the page and displays the selected wheel on the selected color 350Z. I'd prefer to add another set of radio buttons so you can select the HRE Series and then just display the wheels in the selected series below the car image. Maybe I'll get there at some point, but time is kind of tight for doing this kind of stuff right now.

The gif's from the HRE website are quite a bit larger than the wheels on the 350Z images (from the Nissan website), so to fit the wheels on the car, I had to have the browser shrink the wheel images, this tends in introduce some jaggies when viewing the wheels on the car. Photoshopping the wheels on the car seems to produce much better images.

I don't have anywhere to host this stuff, so if you download the attached files then unzip them all into the same directory (whatever directory you choose) and then open the index.html file in your web browser, you'll be able to view it locally on your machine. (I've tried it on Mozilla and IE5.5 under win9x and win2k)

The whole mess in a single zip file is over 700kB, which is too large for an attachment here. So I've split the necessary files into 4 zip files, grab all 4 zips and you'll have the entire set of files needed to make it work.

350Z/HRE Wheel Viewer (Part 1), 187,388 bytes
Attached Files
File Type: zip
350z_hre_wheel_viewer_pt1.zip (183.0 KB, 33 views)
Old 12-15-2002, 10:25 AM
Russ

350Z/HRE Wheel Viewer (Part 2), 199,665 bytes
Attached Files
350z_hre_wheel_viewer_pt2.zip (195.0 KB, 27 views)
Old 12-15-2002, 10:25 AM
Russ

350Z/HRE Wheel Viewer (Part 3), 188,494 bytes
Attached Files
350z_hre_wheel_viewer_pt3.zip (184.1 KB, 22 views)
Old 12-15-2002, 10:26 AM
Russ

350Z/HRE Wheel Viewer (Part 4), 166,593 bytes
Attached Files
350z_hre_wheel_viewer_pt4.zip (162.7 KB, 26 views)

Quick Reply: Should we consider a group purchase of HRE's wheels????