Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Question for Luke@Tirerack

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2002, 03:40 PM
NiQk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for Luke@Tirerack

Hey Luke,

I wanted to PM you for this question, but in your profile there was no PM button. Anyways, you seem very knowledgeable about wheels/tires/suspension etc.....and I'm most likely going to go with your recommended offsets for my Volks. Thanks for all the good info you put on the boards as it helps us all.

But here's the main reason for my post, a couple of nights ago it was raining here in So Cal and I was driving at about 40-50mph on a surface street. I drive on this street everyday and it's smooth and all around a nice street, but for some reason there was a huge pothole, prolly from the rain or something, and I didn't see it till it was too late. Needless to say, my front right wheel slammed right into it, huge banging sound, CD player skipped, and then my heart skipped, heh. Now I visually checked the tires, wheel, and under the car for any noticeable damage, but I didn't see any with my novice eye. I did however notice that my car is slightly pulling to the right, whether this was there before and I didn't really notice or the pothole caused it, I don't know. My question to you is under the situation I described, what are the chances/possibilities that I messed something up? I mean, suspension wise, and things like that. What is your recommendation action? Should I get a computer alignment? (I read about someone posting that their car pulled to the right from the factory, and that a alignment fixed it, then someone else said that you can't do an alignment or something on a Z and that parts had to be replaced) Please correct me if I read wrong on this. Let me know what I should do....

Thanks ahead of time Luke,
NiQk

PS. Oh, I have about 1400 miles on the car, 2 weeks old, SilverStone Track, if that helps.
Old 12-23-2002, 12:35 PM
Luke@tirerack

take it to an alignment shop .... and pray that nothing is bent ... you could have changed the toe settings or camber settings in the impact
Old 12-23-2002, 12:47 PM
Brad4rdHay

Same **** happened to me! Saw the pot-hole comming, but couldnt change lanes...slowed down as much as i could but still hit it at a good clip. Now the car seems to pull a tad when braking, so i think i may of ****ed up my camber.

What heppens if it is out of allignment? How/is it fixable?
Old 12-23-2002, 06:07 PM
Audito350Z

I did the same thing in my A4 once. I hit a hole so hard that it knocked the front alignment out. But, the BBS wheel was still as round as the day it left the factory.

I immediately drove to the Audi dealer to get the car up on the lift to check for any damage underneath. Nothing was damaged, so the tech put it up on the alignment rack.

The right front, the side I hit, was out about a degree and a half. An easy fix. I paid for a full alignment, just to be on the safe side.

PeteH