Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Dent on my wheel

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005 | 06:07 PM
eckocomplexg

Default Dent on my wheel

Im hoping you guys can help me out... some guys were working on my garage last week... they had to move my car so my sister gave em the keys... i come home... my passenger front wheel (5zigen hypersilver 5zr) has disgusting curb rash and a huge dent (will post pix later). Of course you know how that goes.. they don't know how it got there. Now when i'm doing 65+ my steering wheels shakes and it's getting annoying. Now it looks like i gotta get a new wheel....
Would a balancing help with the problem? Suggestions (other than whooping the guy's a$$ that apparantly took my car for a joy ride).
Old 11-17-2005 | 06:16 PM
davidv

Nissan and other manufactures recommend a maximum amount of weight to be put on a wheel (specifications are in the service manual). I'm thinging 25 percent chance that weights will work, and 75 percent that its time for a new wheel.
Old 11-18-2005 | 11:32 AM
barthelb
Master
Premier Member

Lets see the pix, and I'd recommend not letting anyone move your car next time.

Originally Posted by eckocomplexg
Im hoping you guys can help me out... some guys were working on my garage last week... they had to move my car so my sister gave em the keys... i come home... my passenger front wheel (5zigen hypersilver 5zr) has disgusting curb rash and a huge dent (will post pix later). Of course you know how that goes.. they don't know how it got there. Now when i'm doing 65+ my steering wheels shakes and it's getting annoying. Now it looks like i gotta get a new wheel....
Would a balancing help with the problem? Suggestions (other than whooping the guy's a$$ that apparantly took my car for a joy ride).
Old 11-18-2005 | 11:36 AM
djnc

make your sister pay for the new wheel...christmas gift