HRE Group Buy hits 5+

4 more to reach the 9+ level.

Regards
Old 01-06-2003, 10:12 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
Default will visit HRE factory this week or next!

I just got back to the USA after a much needed 2 week vacation. The good news is I pick up my Z this week after waiting months to get one.

I plan on visiting the HRE factory (after getting my car) and taking a lot of pics to post for everyone. Long story short, I should have my Z by Friday (or sooner) so I will be visiting HRE after that. If you guys want, I will take pics of the wheels you like and any close up details you might be interested in seeing. I can also take pictures of finishes. Give me a list of questions you want answered as well.

Jeff
Old 01-06-2003, 10:22 AM
jak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: will visit HRE factory this week or next!

Originally posted by zland
I just got back to the USA after a much needed 2 week vacation. The good news is I pick up my Z this week after waiting months to get one.

I plan on visiting the HRE factory (after getting my car) and taking a lot of pics to post for everyone. Long story short, I should have my Z by Friday (or sooner) so I will be visiting HRE after that. If you guys want, I will take pics of the wheels you like and any close up details you might be interested in seeing. I can also take pictures of finishes. Give me a list of questions you want answered as well.

Jeff
Welcome back! I wouldn't mind seeing some close up pics of the 445r silver painted and brushed. HRE sent me a brochure but it is hard to tell the difference from their pictures. I am also concerned about the pressure sensors working in the 445r and if HRE has that covered.

Also will you be visiting HRE before January 15th? I guess the orders need to be in by then.

Thanks Jeff

Last edited by jak; 01-06-2003 at 10:24 AM.
Old 01-06-2003, 03:26 PM
Russ

I found a few more pics at http://www.wheelkinetics.com/html/hre/

Here's the three 445R & two 446R pics they have

Old 01-06-2003, 08:14 PM
Driven

Regarding the reversed lip. My understanding (Paul correct me if I'm wrong) is that if you are ordering the stepped lip you can specify you want to run your tire pressure monitor and HRE can machine the valve stem opening to accomodate appropriately. However, this is ONLY on the stepped lip. On the reversed lip that you question it CAN NOT be used like in your stock setup. This does not mean you cannot use them at all. I believe HRE is providing some sort of retaining strap for those of us that order the reversed lip which holds the sensors in the wheel at the correct angle. I don't know much about what they look like, if they are a universal style strap that can be used on any reversed lip wheel, or even exactly how they work or are mounted...but this is my understanding. I've asked Paul to clarify and if he responds I'll post...or for that matter I'm sure he'll see this here and hopefully comment.
Old 01-07-2003, 03:08 AM
Avalon Racing
Sponsor
Avalon Racing

Default Tire Pressure Sensors

The Nissan tire pressure sensors are attached to the valve stem on the stock wheels. Due to the reverse lip this can not be done on all the 440R, 540R and 840R series wheels.

To use the TPS on the HRE's you have to band the sensor to the inside of the wheel. This is done regularly on the C5+ Corvettes today. I have instructed HRE to add the instructions on how to do this with all sets of HRE's sold through us for the 350Z.

THe 540 Regular lip wheels will accomodate the sensor, due to thew lip design.

We are working with HRe to see if they can procure the strapping and add the material to the kit. Since they are not in the business of mounting tires, we are not sure. BUT HRe goes out of their way for us and is doing their best to accomodate my request.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask.

Regards