Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Group buy on SSR GT3s - anyone interested?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2003, 06:59 PM
mcduck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Group buy on SSR GT3s - anyone interested?

After following a few threads here, it seems there is quite a bit of interest in the SSR GT3s. jrreed350togo has posted many pics of his CS with the GT3s if you would like to see what they look like.

Starting this thread to see how many my350z.com members are serious about getting the SSRs, either the GT1s or GT3s, to see if we can organize a group buy.

Also, I know many vendors frequent this site... are they any out there that would take up the challenge and offer group buy prices?

It looks like the prices for these (sans tires) would be normally be about $1200 for GT1s and $2200 for GT3s.
Old 01-06-2003, 07:49 PM
rodH

I would be interested if we could somehow get a 25mm offset.
Old 01-07-2003, 05:26 AM
mcduck

Hmm... just one besides me?

I'm sure I saw more posts in the past from people looking at the GT3s...
Old 01-07-2003, 05:34 AM
Luke@tirerack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by rodH
I would be interested if we could somehow get a 25mm offset.

that is the wrong offset ... that is why we do not offer that offset for the 350
Old 01-07-2003, 06:22 AM
rodH

Originally posted by Luke@tirerack
that is the wrong offset ... that is why we do not offer that offset for the 350
Ya, I knew you were going to say that. BUT like you do say, people can do whatever they want with thier own car. Maybe I can just say I have a Z32 to make you happy, does the GT3 come in a 19x8.5 in +25mm and 19x9.5 +25mm offsets for that car?
Old 01-07-2003, 06:33 PM
MastaKillaZ

Default Hell Ya

I'd definitely be interested in a group buy for ssr gt3's. yeah, yeah!!!
Old 01-07-2003, 06:42 PM
MastaKillaZ

Hey mcduck, have you tried posting the group buy on other forums (i.e. zcar.com, freshalloy, etc.)??? maybe more interest will develop that way.

also, just an fyi, there are knock offs of the gt3's. check out wheelmax.com and look at the exel dl-46 wheels... but I'm sure they're twice as heavy and half as strong, which would explain their price.
Old 01-08-2003, 04:12 AM
Luke@tirerack

Ya, I knew you were going to say that. BUT like you do say, people can do whatever they want with thier own car. Maybe I can just say I have a Z32 to make you happy, does the GT3 come in a 19x8.5 in +25mm and 19x9.5 +25mm offsets for that car?

no ... and it doesn't matter if you say you have a Z32 .... there is no need to try and make me happy .... but, we will not offfer a fitment that is incorrect for any car
Old 01-08-2003, 04:13 AM
Luke@tirerack

Originally posted by MastaKillaZ
Hey mcduck, there are knock offs of the gt3's. check out wheelmax.com and look at the exel dl-46 wheels... but I'm sure they're twice as heavy and half as strong, which would explain their price.
Sir, you are very perceptive ... and correct
Old 01-08-2003, 05:24 AM
mcduck

Luke,

I perfectly understand your reluctance to sell a wheel that is not properly fitted to the car. I know you've seen the pics below. It appears that the wheels fit well and they look awesome!

Any luck on finding out what offset this guy used? Is there a problem with that offset or something we are not seeing in the pic?

I reeeeeally like the GT3s and GT1s and would buy a set today if I knew I would be able to mount the tire pressure sensors and not have any problems with them.
Attached Thumbnails Group buy on SSR GT3s - anyone interested?-19ssr2.jpg  
Old 01-08-2003, 05:29 AM
mcduck

MastaKillaz...

Thanks for the heads up. I think I still like the SSRs better. Its amazing how much the extra holes near the center degrade the appearance, IMO. Also, I'm a firm believer of "you get what you pay for". I believe you can get a deal on good wheels, but there is also a reason the better wheels run more than most that are available. Maybe the Exels are heavier, I dunno...
Old 01-08-2003, 05:30 AM
Luke@tirerack

I know exactly what the offset of those wheels are and the pressure sensors do work on the GT3's ... we have worked extensively with SSR to make all of the needed changes to assure that all of the concerns were addressed
Old 01-08-2003, 12:05 PM
rodH

Originally posted by Luke@tirerack
I know exactly what the offset of those wheels are and the pressure sensors do work on the GT3's ... we have worked extensively with SSR to make all of the needed changes to assure that all of the concerns were addressed
Luke, I saw a IS300 at LA Autoshow with GT3s, it had a spacer on the rear that was like 3" (honestly), it was crazy, I am sure the TIRERACK police are looking for that guy who did that ha?

I wonder if it drove right??
Old 01-08-2003, 12:07 PM
Luke@tirerack

Luke, I saw a IS300 at LA Autoshow with GT3s, it had a spacer on the rear that was like 3" (honestly), it was crazy, I am sure the TIRERACK police are looking for that guy who did that ha?

I wonder if it drove right??

Some people don't have the sense God gave a rock. I can't imagine how bad that car would handle
Old 01-08-2003, 12:56 PM
mcduck

Luke,

Okay... maybe I misinterpreted an earlier message you posted... I assumed and we know where that gets someone...

So... do you have an offset you recommend for the Z on 18" and 19" SSRs (the GT1s and GT3s)?

"The pressure sensors do work on the GT3's". How do they have to be mounted? (band, epoxy, or other)

Can you offer a group buy and, if so, how many buyers would you need to do so?

Thanks... it sounds like I may be ordering some GT3s from you as soon as the tax check rolls in.
Old 01-08-2003, 01:33 PM
Luke@tirerack

Originally posted by mcduck
Luke,

Okay... maybe I misinterpreted an earlier message you posted... I assumed and we know where that gets someone...

So... do you have an offset you recommend for the Z on 18" and 19" SSRs (the GT1s and GT3s)?

"The pressure sensors do work on the GT3's". How do they have to be mounted? (band, epoxy, or other)

Can you offer a group buy and, if so, how many buyers would you need to do so?

Thanks... it sounds like I may be ordering some GT3s from you as soon as the tax check rolls in.

as far as recommended offset for the Z .... I like the way the silver one works and he has our recommended offset ...

the schader pressure sensors are part of the valve stem and mount normally in the new designed GT3 wheels we are offering for the Z .... the original GT3 wheels did not allow for normal sensor mounting but, we have worked with SSR to get a design change specifically for the Z applications and the required 23 degree mounting angle for the valve

Last edited by Luke@tirerack; 01-08-2003 at 01:43 PM.
Old 01-08-2003, 03:40 PM
jrreed350togo

It's funny to see my car placed on this site without me doing it. 3 or 4 times now. Anyway it's no mistery. Offset for the front was 37 and 41 for the rear. I'm sure Luke will agree with those numbers. I guess I wouldn't qualify to get some money back for a group buy but beleive me when I say. They're worth every penny.
Attached Thumbnails Group buy on SSR GT3s - anyone interested?-19ssr4.jpg  
Old 01-08-2003, 04:44 PM
mcduck

I'll say it again, mr. reed... those wheels look absolutely awesome on your car. it came down to the GT3s and the GT1s I saw pictured on a red Z elsewhere on this sight. I'm no big fan of the rivets-look, but I definitely like the 3s better than the 1s.

Luke, since the pressure sensors can be mounted normally, I can almost guarantee I'll be looking to buy some GT3s in the near future. My tax return gift to myself!

Now about that group buy....
Old 01-08-2003, 04:45 PM
mcduck

BTW, those are 19s on the Chrome Silver Z, right?
Old 01-08-2003, 06:14 PM
MastaKillaZ

So seriously, about the group buy Luke... Is it possible???

Quick Reply: Group buy on SSR GT3s - anyone interested?