Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

SB Z with 5Zigen FN01R-C and Veilside V3 Body Kit (pix)

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 08:08 AM
zachcrosen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SB Z with 5Zigen FN01R-C and Veilside V3 Body Kit (pix)

I finally decided to take the plunge and buy some wheels to complement my Veilside V3 body kit. The wheels are black polished 5Zigen FN01R-C, 17x9, +35 offset. I did not have to use any spacers with these wheels and the offsets. I also had a set of Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 tires mounted on these new wheels. The fronts are 245/45 17 while the rears are 255/45 17. I will probably go with 275/40 in the back when I wear these out. I went with these tire sizes because I had already bought them to be mounted on the stock 17s and didn't want to deal with the hassle of selling them and then buying new ones. I also installed a set of SPC rear camber arms. If anyone is interested in buying these wheels, get them from www.splparts.com. They only cost me $844 shipped to my door ($8 shipping). This included 2 spacers for the fronts which I did not use. The car had also been previously lowered with the Hotchkis springs. Enjoy the photos that follow.

Old 02-18-2006, 08:16 AM
oman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sick car but the rims look like they are 15s and I am not digging them at all!
Old 02-18-2006, 02:28 PM
zachcrosen

Originally Posted by oman
To each his own! I like them and thats what matters! Thanks for your opinion anyway, you're entitled to it.
Old 02-18-2006, 02:40 PM
ReavTek

I think they look badass. I'm glad there are people out there with Zs that care more about performance than bling. Enjoy the better handling and cheaper tire prices. Do you have pictures of maybe a low angle view with the wheel taking up more of the frame? I was considering getting these in an 18" size to clear larger brakes.
Old 02-18-2006, 02:53 PM
zachcrosen

Originally Posted by ReavTek
I think they look badass. I'm glad there are people out there with Zs that care more about performance than bling. Enjoy the better handling and cheaper tire prices. Do you have pictures of maybe a low angle view with the wheel taking up more of the frame? I was considering getting these in an 18" size to clear larger brakes.
Thanks man! These wheels look badass and they were cheap, relatively. I wanted a set of Volk SF-Challenges in the same color, but I just didn't want to drop 3X the cash for ones that will look a little better.

I can try to get any pix you are in need of. What exactly are you looking for? I don't really understand your question about taking up more of the frame. Please specify and I will try to get pix tomorrow. Just as an FYI, the rear tires and wheels are about 1" from hitting anything in the suspension while the fronts are about 1/2" from hitting anything. As said earlier, I could have gone with spacers up front, but I didn't want to use them if I didn't have to.
Old 02-18-2006, 02:56 PM
zachcrosen

Just for a reference.

BEFORE

AFTER

Old 02-18-2006, 03:03 PM
"Z"orilla

Originally Posted by zachcrosen
To each his own! I like them and thats what matters! Thanks for your opinion anyway, you're entitled to it.

SIMMER DOWN NOW, SIMMER DOWN NOW!
Old 02-18-2006, 03:05 PM
"Z"orilla

bY THE WAY BEAUTIFUL CAR. tHAT KIT LOOKS DAMN GOOD ON THAT BLACK CAR!
Old 02-18-2006, 03:10 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ReavTek
i agree about the performance and bling thing but why get such a blingy body kit then? wheels dont do it for me at all they do look like 15's with that kit. it looks good but could look alot better, i say go for Volk LE37-T's in gloss black 19's. little heavier but very good performance 19's with some nice bling action. but in the end, if the owner is happy who gives !#$!#@@!$@!
Old 02-18-2006, 03:11 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by zachcrosen
Just for a reference.

BEFORE

AFTER

id almost like to say the stockers looked better only because they look bigger, i know they arent though.
Old 02-18-2006, 03:33 PM
zachcrosen

I got the "blingy" body kit because someone locally was selling one for $1500, tax free. At the time, the entire kit was selling for around $2200-2400 online. So I bought it just because it was cheap and because I could!

Here is the story behind getting the wheels in this size. About 3 weeks ago, I decided I wanted to get better street tires because I was going to start AutoX this season. I was running the stock RE040s up front and Kumho All Season in back, not a good idea to run 2 different tires and treadwear ratings!! It makes the car a b!tch to drive, especially at high speeds. The tires I chose were the Goodyear Eagle F1s because they were highly recommended on Tire Racks website. So I bought them in the widest possible sizes that would fit on my STOCK wheels. At this time I had no intentions on buying wheels because I was going to use the cash on possibly the GReddy Emanage Ultimate or a ECU reflash and a retune. This idea was a lot more expensive than I was hoping it would be so I decided to see what I could get the FN01R-C wheels for. Several friends are running these on their EVO 8 and 240SX and they look badass on their cars. I found the wheels rather cheap so I decided to buy them. I went with 17x9 because and ONLY because I already had an $850 set of tires sitting in my kitchen floor and did not want to deal with the hassle of selling the tires I already had and buying new ones. So, sorry for the novel, but that is why I got 17x9s instead of 18s or 19s. I would have probably gotten 18s had I not already had tires at my house.
Old 02-18-2006, 03:37 PM
zachcrosen

Originally Posted by Nexx
id almost like to say the stockers looked better only because they look bigger, i know they arent though.
I think that the stocker look bigger because there is more surface area to them. There is more silver part showing then black on the new ones. Also, the pic of the stock wheels is not showing the inner wheel wells which the second picture is showing. This also makes the 5Zigen wheels look much smaller.
Old 02-18-2006, 04:20 PM
Vamos_Rafael

sick body kit but imo you need wider tracks to accomodate FI and the bodykit...
but 5zigen wheels in 17s are great performers and very very affordable!
noice!~
Old 02-18-2006, 05:00 PM
zachcrosen

Originally Posted by jvanquish
sick body kit but imo you need wider tracks to accomodate FI and the bodykit...
but 5zigen wheels in 17s are great performers and very very affordable!
noice!~
I will be running 275/40s when I wear out the 255/45s!
Old 02-18-2006, 05:01 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Nice. Tire and wheel are ok. you might want to add some ring spacer to the wheel, that way; it doesn't look tuck in too much. Just my 2cents.
Old 02-18-2006, 05:15 PM
cwest350

17's are for civics j/k man....well not really.

as long as you like it, thats what counts.
Old 02-18-2006, 06:00 PM
Triple8Sol
Banned

Love the wheels for racing, but they look tiny for regular use. As far as the kit...horrible, horrible, horrible...
Old 02-18-2006, 06:02 PM
zachcrosen

Originally Posted by Bubble
Nice. Tire and wheel are ok. you might want to add some ring spacer to the wheel, that way; it doesn't look tuck in too much. Just my 2cents.
The wheels tuck in LESS than the stock ones. I believe they stick out 11mm more in the front and 14mm more in the back, but I'm not positive.

Again, I would have gotten 18s but I already had tires! I do actually track my car both at the drag strip and some AutoX and would like to get some road course time so I would rather have the lighter wheels than the big bulky 19s!

Last edited by zachcrosen; 02-18-2006 at 06:06 PM.
Old 02-18-2006, 07:42 PM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the wheels are too small for such an aggressive kit. I really don't like the rear, but the sides and front aren't that bad for an agressive kit.

As long as you like it though, thats all that matters. Black with polished lip is always sexy on a black Z. 18's I think would've been perfect though.
Old 02-18-2006, 10:21 PM
Roger V

The wheels aren't "showy" enough for that kit.

Quick Reply: SB Z with 5Zigen FN01R-C and Veilside V3 Body Kit (pix)