Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Yokohama/Advan

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2003, 09:05 AM
Traffic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by rodH
oh, it isn't a matter of the just the fact that they are cast, after all 99% of hte wheels out there are cast, and nearly every OEM wheel is cast. IT IS THE FACT THAT PEOPLE ARE PAYING $2500+ for wheels that are cast, that is AMAZING!!!!
Don't you think you're making far too big a deal out of this? If someone likes the Model 5 or Model 7, or whatever, that's cool. I happen to love Advans and would get them in a second, but I loved the TE37s more. There's more to this than just the manner of construction, cost and weight. There is a such thing as aesthetics, you know.

Anyway, forging is not some magic process that makes my wheels invincible. Still, if I hit too big a pothole, they are going to bend, same as a cast wheel.
Old 01-26-2003, 12:39 PM
rodH

Originally posted by valuetl
It doesn't surprise me at all. Look how much guys are paying for those huge SUV wheels or these spinner wheels. It is all about style. How the wheels look. How they make the car look. Even if your wheels were made out of indestructable material and were warrantied forever if they don't look sweet people will never buy them.
you hit that on the head, I can believe how much people are paying for the SUV chrome wheels and the spinner thing, I won't even go there.
Old 01-26-2003, 12:44 PM
rodH

Originally posted by Daytona
Don't you think you're making far too big a deal out of this? If someone likes the Model 5 or Model 7, or whatever, that's cool. I happen to love Advans and would get them in a second, but I loved the TE37s more. There's more to this than just the manner of construction, cost and weight. There is a such thing as aesthetics, you know.

Anyway, forging is not some magic process that makes my wheels invincible. Still, if I hit too big a pothole, they are going to bend, same as a cast wheel.
actually cast and forged materials react TOTALLY different to impact and loads, not to mention that they are lighter (Forged).

DOn't get me wrong, I LOVE the looks of many of those ADVAN wheels, something very clean and agressive at the same time (sort of remind me of the skyline wheels ), I am just surprised that they are so much. The more I think about it though, I think a lot of hte cost has to do with importing them and the smaller volume (relative to other companies), etc.....

I LOVE the look of the TE37 when it is set up right on the Z, VERY NICE.
Old 01-26-2003, 03:19 PM
KIMUTAKU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by rodH
please tell me you are wrong
just checked my jan issue option mag (japanese one)...

they are cast...