Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Tire pressure monitoring sys TPMS

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 08:47 AM
HEONWAY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire pressure monitoring sys TPMS

I up graded from a 2004 to 2006 Base type 350Z, the problem is TPMS on the 2006. I have a set of ASANTIs that I want to put on the 06, but the way I understand it. I need to buy 4 TPMS sensors. Just want to know if there is a way to by-pass the TPMS. Once it get warm outside I'll switch to the ASANTI/NITTO.
Old 03-12-2006, 09:06 AM
bstansbu

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HEONWAY
I up graded from a 2004 to 2006 Base type 350Z, the problem is TPMS on the 2006. I have a set of ASANTIs that I want to put on the 06, but the way I understand it. I need to buy 4 TPMS sensors. Just want to know if there is a way to by-pass the TPMS. Once it get warm outside I'll switch to the ASANTI/NITTO.
No way to by pass the TPS. Some rims will be able to mount the TPS sensors in the valve stem and some will not. My volks would not work with them.If you run with A Z with TPS and you put aftermarket wheels on it with no sensors all you will get is --/ -- for the display on your trip computer gauge that shows tire pressure. An orange warning light will display on your dash but only after you have driven for like 50-60 miles. BEN
Old 03-12-2006, 09:50 AM
A_16

Originally Posted by bstansbu
No way to by pass the TPS. Some rims will be able to mount the TPS sensors in the valve stem and some will not. My volks would not work with them.If you run with A Z with TPS and you put aftermarket wheels on it with no sensors all you will get is --/ -- for the display on your trip computer gauge that shows tire pressure. An orange warning light will display on your dash but only after you have driven for like 50-60 miles. BEN
my light stayd on for 1000+ miles with my snow tires equiped
Old 03-12-2006, 04:38 PM
SmokyTyrz

I have a few threads on this topic in this forum and others. And I've done lots of research on it. So here's da scoop as far as I know..

In a nutshell, you can ask your dealer to disable "most" of the TPMS system. They can disable the multi-function display's warning, which switches to the PSI readout to let you know there is no reading. They can also disable the chime.

So far as I know they cannot disable the TPMS warning light. It blinks on startup, then stays on.

I've begun to get used to it, but at some point I will remove the combo meter, take the instructions for changing the gauge face, and then insert a black sticky beneath the TPMS warning light opening on the gauge face. My guess is this is probably the cleanest way to finish the TPMS off.

Cheers,
-Smoky