Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Se7en Mods Pic's on Black Track

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2003, 01:41 PM
SUPERMAN350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

fat rims bdiddy..im planning on oredering a pair soon,but i was wondering has the height of the car stayed the same and where did you get the front spacers. also did you change the studs?
Old 02-19-2003, 10:40 PM
bdiddy

Originally posted by SUPERMAN350Z
fat rims bdiddy..im planning on oredering a pair soon,but i was wondering has the height of the car stayed the same and where did you get the front spacers. also did you change the studs?
Total height of wheels and tires remained the same...so did the car. Spacers are from Axis Sport Tuning (hubcentric). Yes, I changed the studs myself and I bought them directly from Nismo.
Old 02-22-2003, 07:11 PM
Redfoot

Thumbs up

Nice, very nice! What a great wheel for for a black Z, big, strong, no shine, large lip. Complemented by losing the extra badging. Congrats.
Old 02-22-2003, 07:49 PM
z461

Awesome looking wheels man..Definately would be what I would get on a black Z. I don't know if you posted it before, but how much was that setup sans tires?
Old 02-22-2003, 09:22 PM
Nismo350

Well done...looking very classy. I like the 19/20 combo, brings out the stance.
Old 02-23-2003, 08:31 PM
Apexi350z
Charter Member #50

One question, are you using the stock air pressure sensor? if yes, did you have problem mounting them? Thanks.
Old 02-24-2003, 05:56 AM
bdiddy

Originally posted by Apexi350z
One question, are you using the stock air pressure sensor? if yes, did you have problem mounting them? Thanks.
I did not use them, I'm going to leave those in the stock Rays for the track. There have been no warning lights or buzzers in this set-up, just the "--" when checking the pressure. The sensors "trip" the system and since there are no sensors....the system never starts-up.
Old 02-24-2003, 08:30 AM
silverz

Default bdiddy

The wheels looks awesome. One question though - do you notice a difference in acceleration. Someone on this site said that if you go too wide you will lose accelration because the car doesn't have the torque/hp to get it going as fast as the factory set up. How does it ride/handle compared to when you had factory wheels/tires on it. Thanks.
Old 02-24-2003, 08:35 AM
rodH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: bdiddy

Originally posted by silverz
The wheels looks awesome. One question though - do you notice a difference in acceleration. Someone on this site said that if you go too wide you will lose accelration because the car doesn't have the torque/hp to get it going as fast as the factory set up. How does it ride/handle compared to when you had factory wheels/tires on it. Thanks.
it doesn't have anything to do with the width BUT more of the increased wt that SOMETIMES comes with going with a larger size wheel and tire (notice I said "sometimes").
Old 02-24-2003, 11:28 AM
bdiddy

Default Re: Re: bdiddy

Originally posted by rodH
it doesn't have anything to do with the width BUT more of the increased wt that SOMETIMES comes with going with a larger size wheel and tire (notice I said "sometimes").
The added unsprung weight is noticable.

The car is slightly slower from a standing start, although it will still burn the rubber off the tires if you want. The 1-2 shift has a bark now instead of a "shudder", I can't quantify how much slower it would be in the 1/4 if at all. The speed you pick up on corner entry and exit "outweighs" the the loss of acceleration. I want to repeat that this will NOT be my track set-up, I'm not concerned with winning stop light racing...unless of course that light leads on to a twistie canyon road.
Old 02-27-2003, 06:26 AM
BLACKMAGIC350Z

Default question for the man with the black z and the se7ens

First, are those the true 3 piece wheels that price around 1500 a wheel or the look a likes from axis. I was looking into those wheels but 1500 hundred a wheel is steep and I wasn't sure if the cheaper look a likes would look as good. however yours look dam good, so if those are the look a likes for half the price...then sweet.

also, the e-class beat the z? I think the eclass runs like a mid to high 14 sec quarter and about a 6.2ish 0-60...i think...not completely positive...either way...both phat rides...props to you.
Old 02-27-2003, 06:49 AM
bdiddy

Default Re: question for the man with the black z and the se7ens

Originally posted by BLACKMAGIC350Z
First, are those the true 3 piece wheels that price around 1500 a wheel or the look a likes from axis. I was looking into those wheels but 1500 hundred a wheel is steep and I wasn't sure if the cheaper look a likes would look as good. however yours look dam good, so if those are the look a likes for half the price...then sweet.

also, the e-class beat the z? I think the eclass runs like a mid to high 14 sec quarter and about a 6.2ish 0-60...i think...not completely positive...either way...both phat rides...props to you.
I'm glad you like the wheels and.........

Yes they are the Se7en Mods. Much less expensive than the 3-piece.

Maybe you don't know about the "E" in the background...here's a little education for you....

http://popularmechanics.com/automoti...s/index8.phtml
Old 02-27-2003, 07:00 AM
slaponte

So how many Kilos you have to sell in AZ to afford that sucker??

J/K dude.

I dream of those rims...
Old 02-27-2003, 08:03 AM
bdiddy

Originally posted by slaponte
So how many Kilos you have to sell in AZ to afford that sucker??

J/K dude.

I dream of those rims...
slaponte? I'm suprised at you! I thought we had a friendly relationship...?

I posted that for the performance numbers, not the price of admission.

A N Y W A Y.....Kilos? Uuhhhhh....alot less than in FL....supply and demand baby!
Old 02-27-2003, 08:23 AM
bdiddy

If we're going to talk about my other rides........when it rains I take my other Z out for a spin...by far the most fun vehicle in the stable! 9" of suspension travel and loves the mud! Whhhhooooyyyyaaaaahh!
Attached Thumbnails Se7en Mods Pic's on Black Track-z400.jpg  
Old 02-27-2003, 10:32 AM
BLACKMAGIC350Z

Default my b

i was blatantly wrong man. rock out with that eclass. thanks for the quick response.
~black350z
Old 02-27-2003, 11:55 AM
rodH

Originally posted by bdiddy
If we're going to talk about my other rides........when it rains I take my other Z out for a spin...by far the most fun vehicle in the stable! 9" of suspension travel and loves the mud! Whhhhooooyyyyaaaaahh!
quads are for guys who have mommies that never let them ride a real BIKE, so they got stuck on a "tryke/quad" LOL....j/k

btw, anyone that doesn't know what a AMG 55 car is, needs to figure it our before they get next to them at a light
Old 02-27-2003, 12:09 PM
bdiddy

Originally posted by rodH
quads are for guys who have mommies that never let them ride a real BIKE, so they got stuck on a "tryke/quad" LOL....j/k

btw, anyone that doesn't know what a AMG 55 car is, needs to figure it our before they get next to them at a light
I've had street bikes (stopped, have kids now) and I've had dirt bikes. I wanted to try something new.... I'll tell you this, it takes a whole new set of skills to ride these things FAST. You have to "drive" it like a rally car. Turn in early, get the front set and rotate the back via throttle. You're ALWAYS sideways...it's alot of fun! Almost as much fun as Turn 8 and 9 at Willow Springs....naaahhh...who am I kidding. Nothing gets the heart pumping like a 140 mph right hander....mommy?
Old 02-27-2003, 09:21 PM
BLACKMAGIC350Z

Default question...please reply

as i have told you before, i really dig your set up. I was wondering if you could give me all the details on it....sizes, offset, tire size, company used, price w/ the poles. It would be a tremendous help....thank you
vanquishf1@aol.com
Old 02-27-2003, 09:44 PM
bdiddy

E-mail on the way BLACKMAGIC350Z.

Quick Reply: Se7en Mods Pic's on Black Track