Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Se7en Mods Pic's on Black Track

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2003, 09:52 AM
bdiddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Spacers

Originally posted by gotagetmyZ
Awsome wheels! I am a bit in the dark to the whole wheel thing but I am getting some 20s aswell F/R with a 35 mm offset. They will be getting here this comming week. I love the way your fronts fill the fender well with the spacers. But I must ask what kind of spacers did do get. Mainly, what to ask for and where to get them. Sorry for being so clue less on the spacers.

Thanks in advance,

Dave
No problem, I think that's the purpose of this forum. (in my case it's usually mixed little smack talk)

The best bet is to get them from the wheel manufacturer (I got mine from Axis). They should have them to fit "in" the wheel and keep it centered on the hub (hub centric). You'll need to get the extended studs as well. And if you're doing it yourself it's easy to replace the studs, but you'll need to use standard lug nuts (hole all the way through, instead of acorn lug nut that comes on the car). If you run into trouble aquiring these items, I'm sure Axis Sport Tuning would be glad to help with all of that even if you don't have their wheels. I've had other aftermarket wheels in the past that have not been hubcentric, and I constantly chased a wheel vibration until I got rid of them!

To answer your final question: You're asking for 20mm wheel spacers for the Nissan 350Z, they should have the bolt pattern. (5x114 I think) If you have 20x10's in the back you should be ok with 35mm offset. If you have a narrower wheel you "may" be under the wheel well more than you'd like. I hope this helps, and I'm glad you like the set up.
Old 02-09-2003, 09:58 AM
bdiddy

Default Re: Spacers?

Originally posted by Kakipopo
I'm, clueless too. Can't you get a different offset other than 35mm's in the front to make the wheel stick out farther, or do they not make one?
It depends on the manufacturer. I've seen some with as much as 45mm, there could be some that fit the car like you want. I just haven't seen them without spacing. I really liked the Se7en Mod so I "pushed" the front out with 20mm to "fit my needs".
Old 02-09-2003, 10:07 AM
Kakipopo

Default Spacers?

Thanks for the info. I should have been clearer in what i was asking, do the mod sevens come in a larger offset in the 19's? And if they dont, just call axis sport tuning and tell them the size of the spacer and make of my car and they will know exactly what to give me?
Old 02-09-2003, 10:21 AM
bunsell

Default Lips is Lips

Didn't even have to squint, very cool.
Old 02-09-2003, 10:25 AM
bdiddy

Default Re: Spacers?

Originally posted by Kakipopo
Thanks for the info. I should have been clearer in what i was asking, do the mod sevens come in a larger offset in the 19's? And if they dont, just call axis sport tuning and tell them the size of the spacer and make of my car and they will know exactly what to give me?
These wheels come in 35mm and 47mm offset, but I don't know if the 47mm comes in the bolt pattern needed for the Z. Either way you'll need a spacer to get to the correct set up. There is a possibility (a guess) that the 47mm offset is for FWD. You can let them know you want the same stance as my track and they'll hook you up. They know my offsets (35mm+20mm spacer). Good luck and feel free to PM me if you get any answers you didn't expect.
Old 02-09-2003, 10:47 AM
BASEZ

pbiddy you have PM :-)
Old 02-09-2003, 10:56 AM
bdiddy

Default Re: Lips is Lips

Originally posted by bunsell
Didn't even have to squint, very cool.
That quote came from the character Aquarius on "Fastlane". The corny, but always entertaining show that TiVo feels obliged to record for me every week. He was looking for the first time at a car that he had just bartered for a shipment of stolen goods. He commented, "you could have done a little better with those rims". He was given his options (go to jail), he squinted and surveyed the car again and cooly stated, "Those rims? Oh no, they cool....if you squint" I laughed my *** off and decided to use it. He was obviously looking for some bling bling 22's or something.
Old 02-09-2003, 11:18 AM
bdiddy

Originally posted by BASEZ
pbiddy you have PM :-)
"p"diddy?

You have a PM as well.
Old 02-09-2003, 02:52 PM
2k3silver350z

did you order these directly from axis or did you go through a dealer? if so what dealer. i want the super meshes that they just released and want them to fit the exact way yours does. i hate dealing with people who will lie so that's why i'm asking, to be able to find out who knows what they are dealing.
Old 02-09-2003, 04:23 PM
bdiddy

Originally posted by 2k3silver350z
did you order these directly from axis or did you go through a dealer? if so what dealer. i want the super meshes that they just released and want them to fit the exact way yours does. i hate dealing with people who will lie so that's why i'm asking, to be able to find out who knows what they are dealing.
I got these directly from Axis. James at Axis knows the exact offset to have them fit "just like mine" if that's what you desire. Are you looking to go with 20's, 19's, or both like I did? The reason I ask is that I'm not sure what offset you need if you go with 19x8 in the back instead of 20x10.
Old 02-09-2003, 05:43 PM
2k3silver350z

yeah that's what i'm trying to figure out. as far as i know the supermeshes are only made in 19X9.5 for the rear and 19X8 in the front.

is there a way for me to get in touch with him directly about getting the rims?
Old 02-09-2003, 07:03 PM
bdiddy

Originally posted by 2k3silver350z
yeah that's what i'm trying to figure out. as far as i know the supermeshes are only made in 19X9.5 for the rear and 19X8 in the front.

is there a way for me to get in touch with him directly about getting the rims?
Call Axis Sport Tuning. (562) 906-9898
Old 02-09-2003, 07:26 PM
RacerX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by bdiddy
They're 19x8's. The 45mm in the back will be o.k, but I think you'll have a problem with the inner lip of the fender well...if you don't want to "roll" it back to keep it from rubbing the tire. 35mm or 37mm may be better. The fronts with the spacer are all the way out at 55mm. Not needed to clear the brakes, but it is necessary to fill the well.
Nice wheels bdiddyl Love the deep lips.

I believe you're getting the offsets backwards in your discussion, assuming you're starting with a 35 positive offset. With your 20mm spacer, you are running with a 17mm offset up front.
Old 02-09-2003, 08:10 PM
Driven

Yup...discussion above has offsets backwards. In general you guys should be looking at lower offset wheels. If you are going to run a 8-9" wheel up front and want it to fill things out you should be thinking more like a 25mm+ if you want to fill it up nicely and not be terribly far off from stock. This will allow up to a 275 tire with little to spare...but be a little more comfortable around 245 to 265. In the back, you have more room than you think. You could run a 10" wheel with as low of an offset as 18mm+ with a 275 tire. I'm going to be running a 10" with a 285 and still have a little room...but less than bdiddy. I will be able to run a 295 if I want without rolling fenders...but won't be able to lower without taking care of the fender lip. Make sense? Got your offsets figured out now? Long and short of it is you need to find a look you want and get the specifics and if you want to run a different width wheel the conversion is quite easy for anyone at a tire shop with a brain. (Sometimes you may have to ask for a manager to find one though).
Old 02-09-2003, 08:14 PM
bdiddy

Originally posted by RacerX
Nice wheels bdiddyl Love the deep lips.

I believe you're getting the offsets backwards in your discussion, assuming you're starting with a 35 positive offset. With your 20mm spacer, you are running with a 17mm offset up front.
Your right, thanks. Actually 15mm up front. I see I did some 5555555555555555555 on the keyboard. Thanks for the correction. "Love the deep lips"...can you say that in this forum?

Whoa....oooops! Looking back at my posts I've been backwards all day. (not just in my posts, trust me ) I need a nap, but first here it goes (my vindication). First, my apologies to anybody I've screwed up that was having trouble understanding offset measurements and then along comes this guy. More offset puts you closer to the shock or strut. For those that think in the realm of "looks", more offset=more "tucked". We are looking to push the wheel out to fill the wheel well....less offset.

I believe the 35mm offset combined with the 20mm spacer pushes the wheel out further by about 30mm from stock. (track)

I also believe the 35mm offset combined with the added width in the rear pushes the wheel out about 35mm from stock. (track)

I guess I should just refer back to the thread's opening posts...a picture is worth a thousand words.

I got it right, but I failed to communicate it correctly.....now....I sleep!

Last edited by bdiddy; 02-09-2003 at 09:15 PM.
Old 02-09-2003, 08:24 PM
bdiddy

If anybody has specific offset questions to be answered, I've attached the link to a simple calculator that I ran across a while ago. Sorry I didn't post it earlier, but I had to dig it up again. I haven't used it for a while (at least three cars ago) .

http://toy4two.home.mindspring.com/offset.html
Old 02-09-2003, 08:40 PM
rodH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Driven
Yup...discussion above has offsets backwards. In general you guys should be looking at lower offset wheels. If you are going to run a 8-9" wheel up front and want it to fill things out you should be thinking more like a 25mm+ if you want to fill it up nicely and not be terribly far off from stock. This will allow up to a 275 tire with little to spare...but be a little more comfortable around 245 to 265. In the back, you have more room than you think. You could run a 10" wheel with as low of an offset as 18mm+ with a 275 tire. I'm going to be running a 10" with a 285 and still have a little room...but less than bdiddy. I will be able to run a 295 if I want without rolling fenders...but won't be able to lower without taking care of the fender lip. Make sense? Got your offsets figured out now? Long and short of it is you need to find a look you want and get the specifics and if you want to run a different width wheel the conversion is quite easy for anyone at a tire shop with a brain. (Sometimes you may have to ask for a manager to find one though).
25mm??

there are many who have been running +17 on 8.5" (not 8") with Racing Hart and +22mm on 8.5" (not 8") Volk TE37, without problems.

I plan on going +16mm on 8"
Old 02-09-2003, 09:13 PM
Driven

Not saying you can't. 17mm+ up front is pretty much maxed out and leaves you little room if you plan to lower. Additionally, I prefaced my front offset recommendations by suggesting this wasn't dramatically off of stock specs and won't really negatively affect scrub radius etc. Don't feel like debating that one...it's been overdone on this site already. Take it for what it's worth....but I've done a great deal of research on this topic and asked all the same questions posted above about 3 months ago and haven't stopped learning since. I'm going with a 265 and 285 combo on a 9 and 10" wheel respectively and it will allow me to lower if I want with little chance of having to roll fenders. Everyone needs to do their own research to get exactly what they want because taste is subjective. I put a great deal of time and effort into learning about the implications of different offsets, and for me my numbers are the answer. For you they may be different, but I'd like to hear from you after you mount them up and ride on them for a while. Tell us what kind of tire wear you get and if you run into problems when you lower if you're going to.
Old 02-09-2003, 09:34 PM
bdiddy

Good point Driven.

+17mm on an 8.5 in the front is going to be really close. If you plan on lowering the car I'm not sure you'll get away with any more. The front wheel well doesn't really have a lip to roll, but it's still going to be extremely close. I'm just eyeballing my set up now and knowing when I lower it I have no room for less offset and that's with an 8" wheel.
Attached Thumbnails Se7en Mods Pic's on Black Track-abovefront.jpg  
Old 02-09-2003, 09:40 PM
bdiddy

Originally posted by rodH

I plan on going +16mm on 8"
That's where I currently sit. Are you going with 245's?

Quick Reply: Se7en Mods Pic's on Black Track