Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Volk GT-S thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 04:16 PM
THEDUKE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Fr3ak
i guess they arent coming out with Gold?
Already did.
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=181021
Old 07-15-2006, 10:45 PM
Volk350Z
Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the gold GTS are hot...
Old 07-17-2006, 09:46 AM
SweetDreamZ

Default Back Shot

Hey,

I've looked through most of the pages and haven't seen this yet...So...

Can one of you guys with the real aggressive 19x10.5 +18 rear setups take a picture from a distance and low in the back of the car. I want to see if/how much the wheels stick outside the car with this offset. I want to have the 5" lip...looks awesome...but don't really like it when tires stick out much past the furthest edge of the car. If anyone could do that...it'd be greatly appreciated...as i've got the serious itch to order some of these up!!

Thanks!
Old 07-17-2006, 01:56 PM
clearsector

Originally Posted by SweetDreamZ
Hey,

I've looked through most of the pages and haven't seen this yet...So...

Can one of you guys with the real aggressive 19x10.5 +18 rear setups take a picture from a distance and low in the back of the car. I want to see if/how much the wheels stick outside the car with this offset. I want to have the 5" lip...looks awesome...but don't really like it when tires stick out much past the furthest edge of the car. If anyone could do that...it'd be greatly appreciated...as i've got the serious itch to order some of these up!!

Thanks!

look through the previous pages.. a majority of us has the rear 18 offset
There should be a silver Z about 5 pages back that took a pic of it specifically

here it is:

Last edited by clearsector; 07-17-2006 at 01:58 PM.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:15 AM
SweetDreamZ

yeah, i saw that one, but it's hard to get a good idea of what it really looks like without getting a picture of it from a distance. look at this thread,

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=203975&page=4

there is a picture of what i'm talking about there. The blue Z has a pic from a little ways back that shows how the tires look relative to the body...something along those lines...

Originally Posted by clearsector
look through the previous pages.. a majority of us has the rear 18 offset
There should be a silver Z about 5 pages back that took a pic of it specifically

here it is:
Old 07-18-2006, 04:35 PM
GTNPU Z
VERTEX Army CEO

Anyone know where Rick at Status is at? I've sent him several PM's with no luck

I'm ready to buy some GTS wheels but I have some questions about fitment since I tried nitrouz's & it didn't quite fit right with my setup. Essentially tried fitting the 19x9.5 +17 & 19x10.5 +18 on my Z & to my suprise, there was about an inch or more space between the spokes & calipers & the entire wheel seemed to stick out inch or two more than his setup. He has these wheels with his Stoptechs & they fit really snug which is what I want. I have the 14" Wilwoods & the only thing that I can come up with is that the rotor hat seems to be a lot thicker than the ones found on the Stoptechs. That & the calipers seem to be smaller. That means, I may need to order a whole differnt offset for my setup in order for it to get that snug look. BTW...these were specifically for the rears. I didn't get the chance to try the front. Here's a quick shot showing the space between the rear caliper & the spokes. Don't have a good pick of how much it sticks out from the fender but it's about the same size (think of the pic that clearsector posted but sticks out an inch more). Any ideas?

Last edited by GTNPU Z; 07-18-2006 at 06:04 PM.
Old 07-18-2006, 07:58 PM
Volk350Z
Master

Originally Posted by GTNPU Z
Anyone know where Rick at Status is at? I've sent him several PM's with no luck

I'm ready to buy some GTS wheels but I have some questions about fitment since I tried nitrouz's & it didn't quite fit right with my setup. Essentially tried fitting the 19x9.5 +17 & 19x10.5 +18 on my Z & to my suprise, there was about an inch or more space between the spokes & calipers & the entire wheel seemed to stick out inch or two more than his setup. He has these wheels with his Stoptechs & they fit really snug which is what I want. I have the 14" Wilwoods & the only thing that I can come up with is that the rotor hat seems to be a lot thicker than the ones found on the Stoptechs. That & the calipers seem to be smaller. That means, I may need to order a whole differnt offset for my setup in order for it to get that snug look. BTW...these were specifically for the rears. I didn't get the chance to try the front. Here's a quick shot showing the space between the rear caliper & the spokes. Don't have a good pick of how much it sticks out from the fender but it's about the same size (think of the pic that clearsector posted but sticks out an inch more). Any ideas?

call him at the shop.. talk to him there today...
Old 07-19-2006, 02:46 PM
GTNPU Z
VERTEX Army CEO

Originally Posted by Volk350Z
call him at the shop.. talk to him there today...
Yeah, just called him up. Thanks!
Old 07-28-2006, 09:00 AM
SBT

anyone have pictures or know how the 19x9.5 +17 & 19x10.5 +18 fits on a stock, non-brembo Z?...05 touring if it matters

thanks in advance
Old 07-29-2006, 06:07 PM
supsup

http://community.webshots.com/user/raymondtsoi2005

gold gts...
Old 07-29-2006, 10:46 PM
Z33FairLady_Z

What color do you guys recommend for DB? I was thinking to go with something different like dark blue like this one https://my350z.com/forum/showpost.ph...&postcount=228 for my DB. What do you guys think?
Old 07-29-2006, 10:46 PM
Volk350Z
Master

Originally Posted by supsup

nice...
Old 07-29-2006, 10:57 PM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that's custom work. Be ready to wait. Just ask the guy who posted above me ^
Old 07-29-2006, 10:59 PM
Z33FairLady_Z

Originally Posted by Nitrouz
that's custom work. Be ready to wait. Just ask the guy who posted above me ^
well i know that... but do you think it will look nice? Dark Blue on DB? I did a lil photoshop and it looked good...
Old 07-30-2006, 10:48 AM
Volk350Z
Master

Originally Posted by Z33FairLady_Z
What color do you guys recommend for DB? I was thinking to go with something different like dark blue like this one https://my350z.com/forum/showpost.ph...&postcount=228 for my DB. What do you guys think?
if you like that finish.. I will be selling my set at the beginning of Sept...
Old 07-31-2006, 10:41 PM
Advent7

I just got my silver GT-S in today and there hot. The problem is the rears rub when I turn slightly. I thought my car had a stock ride height but it seems that it doesn't. I bought the aggresive offset thinking that they wouldn't rub because somone on here has the aggressive setup that doesn't have rubbing issues.

So now I'm going to have to roll the rear fenders. Before I do, I have a few questions for the people that have rolled their fenders. 1 Do you have any rubbing issues after the rolling was performed and 2 can you drive the caras hard around corners without it rubbing. If I can't accomplish both of these then I might have to sell the rears. I knew there was a possibility of rolling the fenders it's just will this solve all of my problems. One more thing did you have to mess with the camber for the wheels to work with the rolled fender. I really don't want to touch the camber if i can help it. I see that Nitrouz has cut and rolled his fenders did you guys do the same or just rolled and how much did you pay?

Last edited by Advent7; 07-31-2006 at 11:01 PM.
Old 08-01-2006, 02:30 AM
SBT

Originally Posted by Advent7
I just got my silver GT-S in today and there hot. The problem is the rears rub when I turn slightly. I thought my car had a stock ride height but it seems that it doesn't. I bought the aggresive offset thinking that they wouldn't rub because somone on here has the aggressive setup that doesn't have rubbing issues.
what sizes/offsets did you get?
Old 08-01-2006, 04:29 AM
zmotion

Originally Posted by Advent7

So now I'm going to have to roll the rear fenders. Before I do, I have a few questions for the people that have rolled their fenders. 1 Do you have any rubbing issues after the rolling was performed and 2 can you drive the caras hard around corners without it rubbing. If I can't accomplish both of these then I might have to sell the rears. I knew there was a possibility of rolling the fenders it's just will this solve all of my problems. One more thing did you have to mess with the camber for the wheels to work with the rolled fender. I really don't want to touch the camber if i can help it. I see that Nitrouz has cut and rolled his fenders did you guys do the same or just rolled and how much did you pay?
Man, do not sell your rears, you will be fine with some minor modifications. I got my rears cut AND I have a 5mm spacer in the back. No rubbing on hard corners or big dips. Rolling provides you even more clearance so you should be good to go. Personally, I would not roll my fenders. Cutting them is much cleaner and easier...I have the +17/+18 offset

45 minutes and $80 for me.....

Last edited by zmotion; 08-01-2006 at 04:32 AM.

Quick Reply: Volk GT-S thread