Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

HRE 445R's with Toyo T1-S's mounted on SS

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2003, 09:43 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Ok Russ, you have had a couple of days to drive your Z sincwe the HRE's have been on it. Tell me what you think now about them with the new tire upgrade? Take care of them, you got my wheels!

Jeff
Old 02-17-2003, 09:55 AM
Russ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More from HRE

Dear Russ:

Funny you scanned in that diagram. Shortly before you sent this email my engineer came in and said, “I wonder if he got the our originally planned mounting setup?” Well, it seems that you did. I am faxing over Paul the new instructions in a few moments. If you would like I can fax a copy to you as well. Just provide me with a fax number and I will send it ASAP. Thanks for your patients and I apologize for the mix-up.

Sincerely,

(name removed, PM me if you want a contact)
Technical Sales

HRE Performance Wheels
2453 Cades Way Bldg. A
Vista, CA 92083
760-598-1960 ext. 205
760-598-5885 fax

Paul will probably get the instructions before I do. Look for a post from him later.

Jeff,
Looks dry so far today, I hope to go out for a drive later. Unfortunately, I've had the Z sitting in the garage since last Monday. I'll let you know later.
Old 02-17-2003, 11:02 AM
enigma

The Nissan 350Z: The only car to make 18" HRE wheels look small.

It looks great, but man, do those fender flares swallow up almost any wheel you put on that bad boy!
Old 02-17-2003, 08:27 PM
Russ

Oh, yeah! That was a blast! (Well okay, except for becoming the proud new owner of a ding in the center of the windshield, it was a blast). Why the heck aren't I driving this car more?

Could only make about 140 miles (trip computer showed 23.7mpg with an average speed of 39mph). That's about the usual mpg I've been getting. The average speed is a little higher than usual.

Overall, the bounciness of the ride seemed about the same as before, which is pretty much what I expected. And the car felt very solid. I was worried about the fronts being pushed out too far. Didn't hear any rubbing, nor did I expect to. Also seemed like road noise was a little lower.

Don't know how much of this is actually attributable to the new, wider wheels and tires.

It felt like the car had better grip and acceleration taking off from a stand still. Handling in the corners definitely felt quite a bit better. It felt just awesome going around corners. Before I've had some second thoughts about maybe I shouldn't have taken that last corner so fast, but today I didn't think that at all.

Steering with the 245's in front felt pretty much the same as with the stock 225's, probably mostly due to the power steering though. The wheels turn pretty easy even while stopped.

Of course now the front wheels are covered in brake dust. But I certainly like the look of the car with these wheels.

Be careful using the tire iron from the car to loosen your lug nuts, mine seems to scrape the wheels dang easy. Use a socket wrench if you can. Can anyone verify the torque for the lug nuts? I was told 95 ft-lbs.

Damn, I'm ready to go for another drive!
Old 02-17-2003, 09:08 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
Default we will see

I wonder what it will steer like when I put my 265's on front? Still debating on 285 or 295 on rear. I know i do not need 295's but lets face it, we did not need to by wheels and tires to begin with right?
Old 02-18-2003, 08:20 PM
Russ

Default Updated HRE TPS Installation Instructions

Looks like Redfoot was on the right track.

Apply the double back tape to either side of the stock valve stem. Band the valve stem to the wheel such that the sensor is "floating" in the drop center of the wheel.

This is a scan of a fax, hopefully the text is legible enough.
Attached Files
Old 02-18-2003, 08:21 PM
Russ

page 2 of the Updated HRE TPS installation instructions:
Attached Files