Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

18'' Wheels w/ VDC - What Size, Offset, Etc..?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 05:02 AM
Sial

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 18'' Wheels w/ VDC - What Size, Offset, Etc..?

I'm looking to get a set of new rims for my '03 Touring w/ VDC. It currently has the stock 18'' wheels. I've heard that you need to be careful about wheel width and offset on aftermarket wheels since it can throw off the VDC.

So...if I want to stay with 18'' wheels, what is the width I should look for in front and rear? What offset should I use? My top two choices at the moment are the Enkei J10 or Enkei PKR.

Forgive me if this has been answered before, I'll gladly accept a link to a FAQ about this topic.
Old 06-13-2006, 04:52 AM
-EL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sial
I'm looking to get a set of new rims for my '03 Touring w/ VDC. It currently has the stock 18'' wheels. I've heard that you need to be careful about wheel width and offset on aftermarket wheels since it can throw off the VDC.

So...if I want to stay with 18'' wheels, what is the width I should look for in front and rear? What offset should I use? My top two choices at the moment are the Enkei J10 or Enkei PKR.

Forgive me if this has been answered before, I'll gladly accept a link to a FAQ about this topic.
I don't think wheel width or offset will make any difference, you just have to maintain something close to the stock tire diameter stagger. The rear tires have to be a little bit bigger around than the fronts (half an inch or so in diameter).
Old 06-13-2006, 12:18 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Visit a site that sells wheels for the 350Z. They will give you a selection of wheel sizes with offsets to fit properly.