Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Got my Axis Hiro's Friday got? 4 those who have them

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 11:57 AM
Chad68

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Got my Axis Hiro's Friday got? 4 those who have them

Yes I got them and Now I'm not sure I want to sell them because they are sick lookiing, though with all the oil consumption testing I will be going thru and trips to the (oh lets scratch up his new car) dealer they won't be going on anytime soon.

The rims are 19x8.5" offset 20 front

and rears are 19x9.5" with 25 offset.

Hub bore is supposidly 73.1 I think it said, don't have them in front of me right now.

For those of you that have these, did you need to use something called a hub ring?

I bought them from the dude on e-bay and it states that the wheels come with free lugs, free shipping and a hub ring. (not plural)

I am wondering if "hub ring" is being confused with the center caps?

Some Volks use a hub ring, right?

I didn't receive my lug nuts, I'm missing one center cap along with the 3 alan mounting screws and I didn't get any hub ring or rings.

I called him right after I recieved them and said he will send out the center cap and lugs Monday.

My question is what the hell are the hub rings?

I tried seareching it here and all I got was freakin toe ring and engagement ring threads
Old 06-24-2006, 07:29 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Check here for a good explanation of the purpose of a hub ring: http://www.240sx.org/faq/articles/hub_centric.htm
Old 06-24-2006, 07:49 PM
Chad68

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks but don't the wheels self center themselves as you tighten them down, due to the 45 degree taper/chamfers on the lugs and lug holes?

The wheels spacers on the rear of my car are hub centric, so I assumed any wheel would be too but guess not.

Seems to me if you tighten the lug nuts down evenly, that it would self center itself.

Last edited by Chad68; 06-24-2006 at 07:53 PM.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:35 PM
islandsnow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't have them either on my rims, the mechanic working on my car at Status Auto Design, recommended them. He showed me that even when the wheel has the lugs on it has a little play. With the ring, it doesn't move at all, so when you are on the freeway and it feels like there is a little movement like it's catching the grooves, then you need this hub ring. I really didn't notice it until after i put them in, then it was like night and day, super stable.