Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Correct Wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 09:50 AM
jtabraham

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Correct Wheels?

One of my friends in Chicago is looking to by an 03 Touring, which can be seen here:

http://glendalenissan.vinmanagersite...aspx?ID=816307

Before the flaming starts, he can't drive manual...and I'm not about to teach him on my car .

My question is...are those wheels the right measurements? When looking at the car, those fugly wheels don't appear to be the correct fitment. Is it me, or maybe the excessive chrome, or do they look like they are not coming up to the fender enough (too far inward). I really don't know too much about wheel measurements, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, if you want to throw some definitions and explanations, I'd be much obliged!

Maybe if the wheels aren't the right fit, he could use that for a little leverage on the price...

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-18-2006, 09:51 AM
jtabraham

Oh, and I've never seen the car in person, just my perception from looking at the pictures
Old 08-18-2006, 10:02 AM
Pac Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Exterior
• Chrome Wheels"

^Wow, looking at the advertisement says a lot.

I'd say the fitment is definately off--small diameter, narrow width, incorrect offset, low profile tires. Probably swapped them off another car. Anyways, just looking at the pics makes me cringe.

Can you get the specs and post them up?
Old 08-18-2006, 10:07 AM
plumpzz

man those rears are HORRIBLY wrong. They look like they're 8' or even 7.5' w/ 50+ offset. They're more tucked than stock 17s which are 7.5' w/ 33+ offset.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:07 AM
jtabraham

i called the dealership and expressed my concerns with the sales guy, and suprise suprise, he didn't know what i was talking about. I told him the wheels didn't look like they had correct fitment. All he was able to say was "ugh...it was traded in like that, so that's how we sell it"

And i def agree with you. I think i threw up a little in my mouth after seeing those wheels.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:10 AM
jtabraham

you must have had some pepto on hand with you to avoid puking!
Old 08-18-2006, 10:13 AM
Pac Man

On second glance I think there's a hobo living in the wheel well. Seriously, does anyone think they are less than 17"? May just be the perception due to the offset though.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:31 AM
jtabraham

I got the sales guy to at least give me the tire measurements...you guys will get a nice laugh on this.

225/40 R18 for front AND rear!

I told him that was way off, and his reply was "well they look like they're high performance Cooper tires."

Don't know what the previous owner was doing, but the sales guy told me he traded this one in for an '06 Z. I have a feeling he jacked the OEM wheels to use as a second set, and threw some "nice" chrome ones on instead.

Any idea of how to work in getting stock wheels from the dealer, or at the very least, get the price reduced for this? These look like the outer diameter is way off too, which I'm guessing affect your speedometer/odometer?
Old 08-18-2006, 10:33 AM
jtabraham

One more note...in all honesty, my first opinion of the car after seeing incorrect wheels was that the previous owner probably didn't know what he was doing, and more than likely did NOT take care of the car. Or by throwing ricey wheels on, my immediate impression is that he probably beat the S**T out of that poor SS.

What are your thoughts on that?
Old 08-18-2006, 10:52 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

If your friend is interested in purchasing a 350Z, then your friend should post his concerns.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:06 AM
jtabraham

Originally Posted by davidv
If your friend is interested in purchasing a 350Z, then your friend should post his concerns.
Well the fact is that I'm posting my concerns about the car, because I, being his FRIEND don't want him to make an uninformed decision. He just sent me the link to the sales site, and the wheels were the first thing that popped out.

The fact of the matter is that I started this thread, so unless you have something constuctive to add, then you really don't need to post...unless you're trying to get up to the 10,000 mark.

I'm actually pretty suprised you didn't just post a link to the search page as per usual. BRAVO! Thanks for your much needed input! You are a gem in this board!
Old 08-18-2006, 11:19 AM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i bet they took them off an altima...