Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Cheap Descent Rims?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 07:07 AM
Spec_Tacular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You could try ROH. The are an Australian company and make some of the OEM Nissan wheels. They have some bad designs but they also have some good ones. But they are a good quality cast wheel.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:16 AM
zz350zz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wired 24/7
Please don't ruin your Z by getting cheap looking wheels... pick up some used rays, or some of the 06Z rims with some spacers... otherwise don't bother. You already drive a nice car, and if you can't afford to do rims right, don't do them at all.
+1 I still don't understand why people do this
Old 09-05-2006, 07:26 AM
cms-35z

Originally Posted by Wired 24/7
Please don't ruin your Z by getting cheap looking wheels... pick up some used rays, or some of the 06Z rims with some spacers... otherwise don't bother. You already drive a nice car, and if you can't afford to do rims right, don't do them at all.
Don't listen to this guy.

Just cause you don't want to spend over 2k for wheels alone does not mean your not going to do them right.

If your not racing, you really don't need a superlight wheel, or some brand name to impress the J-tight crew.

If these are going on a daily driver, I would suggest looking into wheels that fit the car well, looked good, and are strong.

ADR, Sportmax, Rota, to name a few companies that might have a wheel that suits you.
Rota makes a decent 18x9.5 Nismo copy that only weights 22lbs and costs conciderably less than the LMgt4s.
https://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-tires/177822-rota-p45r-black-w-red-lip-on-a-black-350z.html

IMHO, if you live in conditions that are not good for "blingy" volks, don't get them. Keep your stockers, and put some winter tires on them, and get something you like for the rest of the year.

I myself, will most likely get something like the Rotas for DD, and then some real nismos with slicks on them for tracking.

Good luck.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:18 AM
tHisZ_bFAST

Originally Posted by Kabs
thanks breed, juno

Yea if i was rich i would prob get nicer wheels. But Im a college kid with no job right now and def cannot buy really really nice rims.
Even if you buy $1000 rims...you are still going to spend another $1000 on tires.

Keep your money. Graduate. Get a job. Then you can buy whatever want.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:36 AM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by cms-35z
Don't listen to this guy.

Just cause you don't want to spend over 2k for wheels alone does not mean your not going to do them right.

If your not racing, you really don't need a superlight wheel, or some brand name to impress the J-tight crew.

If these are going on a daily driver, I would suggest looking into wheels that fit the car well, looked good, and are strong.

ADR, Sportmax, Rota, to name a few companies that might have a wheel that suits you.
Rota makes a decent 18x9.5 Nismo copy that only weights 22lbs and costs conciderably less than the LMgt4s.
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=177822

IMHO, if you live in conditions that are not good for "blingy" volks, don't get them. Keep your stockers, and put some winter tires on them, and get something you like for the rest of the year.

I myself, will most likely get something like the Rotas for DD, and then some real nismos with slicks on them for tracking.

Good luck.
I don't know where I said you have to spend more than 2k, all I said was not to get ugly rims just because you can't afford the nice ones.

There are plenty of nice, non-cheap looking rims for people on a budget, but all too often people buy rims just to have them with no concern out of quality or looks.

I even listed a couple of possible sources for good looking rims that can be bought at a cheap price, for example used 2006 Z 18" rims... when combined with some spacers, these rims look really nice.

Rota is another good source for decent rims on a budget, I agree.

I never said you have to buy volks / works....
Old 09-05-2006, 10:45 AM
cms-35z

Maybe I misunderstood. When you mentioned volks then said "if you can't afford to do rims right, don't do them at all" I assumed you did not recomend an affordable solution.
Old 09-05-2006, 03:28 PM
davidf

Just buy someone elses nice used wheels, hell theres alot of people on this board that tire easily with their current wheels,{myself for one} and are looking for something different. There are bargains in classifieds if you look hard enough, good luck and post pics. of you purchase.
Old 09-05-2006, 03:55 PM
EnthDB05

I have 18" TSW Thruxtons and I'm very happy, not the greatest wheels but they look very nice and affordable.
Old 09-05-2006, 03:59 PM
plumpzz

Just get the damn rotas mike. I saw your car today and it looks like butt w/ 17s!!! :-D
Old 09-05-2006, 07:21 PM
ctwentytwo

I'm telling you, get the WORK wheels. It's inexpensive, and you won't get the ocasional rip about your wheels being cheap. You'll have an inferiority complex if you buy cheap wheels... seriously. Having nice wheels is like having a big *****, you'll flaunt it.

Again, BUY WHEELS CHEAP, NOT CHEAP WHEELS.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:54 PM
Kabs

wow so many replies! Thank guys

I looked at Work and they are nice.. but the ones i like are too expensive.

I talked to subydude about the rotas with a wheel package and I am pretty sure i will get them.

Reasons for it:

- The price is pretty damn good... exactly what I wanted to pay.
- The rims look good, good quality, not too heavy, perfect for what I will use them for
- Good guy, good support
- I have never heard of a rota crack or break. Maybe I didnt read up enought but they look to be pretty good wheels.

In all honesty, people will call me a ricer, people will say I dont deserve the Z. But here is what I see. I dont feel like spending too much money on my car since its a bad investment. Dont get my wrong I love my car, I love the Z. I paid for it in full at the age of 19 (got it used at a GREAT price). I just dont like the stock 17's, and think that it will look alot better with some nice looking wheels. I dont feel the need to get anything fancy since I dont have time to go to meets or carshows. I also dont have friends that are extremely into cars. Rims to most people are rims, some people wont know the difference between 10k rims and some 2k ones. I dont race, I dont go to the track. The only mods I may do is a non agressive body kit later on and then prob lower it. To me the Z is already perfect, and doesnt need to be faster or hardcore JDM =)

FLAME ON!

P.S. Thanks again!
Old 09-05-2006, 08:24 PM
derekinthez

Buying 4-5k wheels for performance is like a motorcycle rider paying $400 for titanium bolts to save a pound of weight. You can save the same pound by not eating in the morning and afternoon. Honestly, I don't think Volks look all that hot--I do think the Axis line is pretty hot. Most people don't know the difference anyway. You would be better of getting the RUFF's and putting the additional money into engine upgrades. Ok, so volks save you 40lbs--just dump the girlfriend and you've saved 110lbs for free!
Old 09-05-2006, 08:30 PM
plumpzz

rotas ftw. i knew you'd see the light.

And btw, volk wheels are nooiicee. My favorites are the LEs, CEs and the GT-Vs. Sexy motha****aa
Old 09-05-2006, 08:37 PM
ctwentytwo

Originally Posted by derekinthez
Ok, so volks save you 40lbs--just dump the girlfriend and you've saved 110lbs for free!
There are alot at 200lbs+ Most guys' old ladies don't start at 110lbs.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:02 PM
plumpzz

Ugh. I wish mine was 110.

Work emotion or Advan RGII line FTW. Rotas are nice tho too.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:31 AM
InSaNeZ

You can find Axis wheels at under 1,400 easily.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:30 PM
derekinthez

Default Cheap Rims

Originally Posted by ctwentytwo
There are alot at 200lbs+ Most guys' old ladies don't start at 110lbs.
MAYBE A TREADMILL WOULD BE A BETTER INVESTMENT, ESPECIALLY IF SHE'S GONNA BE SEEN IN THE "Z"
Old 09-06-2006, 07:35 PM
shawnjam1

I know alot of members have bought ruff wheels. I haven't heard if they are any good but they seem to be. I thought about getting a set. They look pretty cool.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RUFF-...spagenameZWDVW
Old 09-07-2006, 01:03 AM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Used set of the Track rims go for around $1k in the Classifieds. I've seen several sets on sale lately, some including tires. Lightweight, forged, 18", cheap!
Old 09-07-2006, 08:58 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by davidf
Just buy someone elses nice used wheels, hell theres alot of people on this board that tire easily with their current wheels,{myself for one} and are looking for something different. There are bargains in classifieds if you look hard enough, good luck and post pics. of you purchase.
+1 got my axis mod 7 w/ ventus sport104 tires (almost full tread) for $850 and he got me stocks.

Quick Reply: Cheap Descent Rims?