Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

[HELP] problem after changing WHEELS..

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 12:54 PM
MirZa w da Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation [HELP] problem after changing WHEELS..

ok , i just recently change wheels to RUFF RACING 279, front are 245/45 18,
rear are 275/35 18...2 days after that i start hearing sounds like leaking from the rear left wheel, it sounds like something leaking and scrathing there, it come and goes in every 2-3 seconds while the car is moving very slow in neutral . but while im going fast, say above 25mph, the sounds all gone.
i went to a local shop and check by rotating the wheels while the car is on top ( not touching the ground ). there is NO SOUND at all. so i guess it has to do with something like shocks or spring, or something else ?? has anyone ever had this problem before ?? any comment will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 09-18-2006, 01:20 PM
Pac Man

I'm assuming you've checked the tire pressue and gave the area a good visual inspection? Also, since your wondering about suspension, how does the car handle? Feel the same? Different than in the past? Also, if your hearing strange noises or whatever, be careful driving it; take it to a qualified mechanic.

Good luck.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:17 PM
MirZa w da Z

thanks for the comment. anyway, the car handle just fine i guess. i don't feel any different from 17's to 18's. this is really strange thou..the sound is like something leaking from the rear left wheel. but when i drive on 1st or 2nd gear, it all gone.
Old 09-30-2006, 03:53 PM
L33TZOR

if it is still an apparent problem being that a few weeks have already elasped but id imagine you took care of it already, please post.!

solution possibly?? on the noisy wheel, take off the wheel off the car, carefully check the studs for stripping of their threads. remount the wheel onto the car using a 4way spinner, hand tighten and properly torque down the lugs.

i had put 17 enkeis on my wifeys maxima and the noob at the tire shop didnt know how to tighten down the wheel nuts.
try this, cuz it was a scary noise that scared me a bit when i found out the wheel was not bolted down right. they ended up stripping 5 studs between the four wheels, i got sick of them and took care of the repairs on my own so i knew it was done right. imagine that, try to surprise wifey with some wheels and a pro tire shop who do this all day didnt have a trained guy to install them right.