Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Giovanna question

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2003 | 03:31 PM
AAAA

Default Giovanna question

i saw a Z with Giovanna Genoas. (19s) does anyone know the weight on these??? i looked but i cant find it. (if anyone wants to photoshope it....pleez) the set up looks sick, i was wondering if they would kill handleing.......
Old 03-15-2003 | 03:56 PM
onefastdoc

Dude, don't trash your 350Z with Giovanna wheels. They are about as ghetto as you can get. They are reserved for rap artists and athletes who stick big chrome ugly wheels on just about anything. Examples of high quality performance wheel manufacturers would be:

Fikse
HRE
Kinesis
Cargraphic
Hartge
Racing Dynamics
AMG
Brabus
BBS
Breyton
OZ
Carlsson
Hamann
Volk
SSR
Work
Racing Hart
Advan

to name a few.

I would argue that you would be hard pressed to find a reputable tuner shop who would tell you that Giovanna makes high performance wheels. If however, you just want to slap some shiny dubs on your car, so be it. To each is own, I guess.
Old 03-15-2003 | 04:41 PM
AAAA

no no no. you got me all wrong. i saw a Z on Giovannas, thats why i was wondering. It looks good, but im more of a performance first guy too, and the Z being a sports car, i was wondering how much those things weighed
Old 03-15-2003 | 05:43 PM
Stone Z

Lightbulb

Originally posted by onefastdoc
Dude, don't trash your 350Z with Giovanna wheels. They are about as ghetto as you can get. They are reserved for rap artists and athletes who stick big chrome ugly wheels on just about anything.

I would argue that you would be hard pressed to find a reputable tuner shop who would tell you that Giovanna makes high performance wheels. If however, you just want to slap some shiny dubs on your car, so be it. To each is own, I guess.
Ummmm....the Giovanna GF-1 (one piece lightweight forged) rim is definitely a wheel to be respected. A don't think you'd be trashing your Z with a set of these rims....if they're good enough for Porsche's, then they're good enough for a Z IMO.
Attached Thumbnails Giovanna question-giovannagf1.jpg  
Old 03-15-2003 | 05:50 PM
Narcosynthesis

Those are nice looking wheels. Do they have an offset for an Fbody?
Old 03-15-2003 | 05:55 PM
Stone Z

Originally posted by Narcosynthesis
Those are nice looking wheels. Do they have an offset for an Fbody?
They currently only have fitments for Porsche and Ferrari. A Z fitment is on the way.
Old 03-15-2003 | 07:25 PM
AAAA

yea,BOMB RIM! the prob is that GF-1s are like 1300 a piece ....*** that, id rather rock HREs for that (or less).

Genoas are like 400 (not cheap) : same price as GT-Cs ....
Old 03-16-2003 | 01:32 AM
Stone Z

Lightbulb

Originally posted by AAAA
yea,BOMB RIM! the prob is that GF-1s are like 1300 a piece ....*** that, id rather rock HREs for that (or less).

Genoas are like 400 (not cheap) : same price as GT-Cs ....
I've seen them for $850 a rim......still kinda steep though.
Old 03-16-2003 | 05:51 AM
supra crazy

Originally posted by onefastdoc
Dude, don't trash your 350Z with Giovanna wheels. They are about as ghetto as you can get. They are reserved for rap artists and athletes who stick big chrome ugly wheels on just about anything. Examples of high quality performance wheel manufacturers would be:

Fikse
HRE
Kinesis
Cargraphic
Hartge
Racing Dynamics
AMG
Brabus
BBS
Breyton
OZ
Carlsson
Hamann
Volk
SSR
Work
Racing Hart
Advan

to name a few.

y u got to be hatin i got lexani23s on my navigator and i thinkn they look good
Old 03-16-2003 | 11:28 AM
all_bark

Originally posted by Dlovtsur
Ummmm....the Giovanna GF-1 (one piece lightweight forged) rim is definitely a wheel to be respected. A don't think you'd be trashing your Z with a set of these rims....if they're good enough for Porsche's, then they're good enough for a Z IMO.
these are my favorites. if they are light I might consider selling my new tracks to upgrade to these when the 19's are available.
Old 04-02-2005 | 06:06 AM
Peteski

Just orderd the Giovanna Genoas today, hope they look good on my black Z.
Old 04-02-2005 | 06:16 AM
mrbader

Originally Posted by Peteski
Just orderd the Giovanna Genoas today, hope they look good on my black Z.

What size wheels did you order... I see the Genoas come in 22 and 24"?
Old 04-02-2005 | 06:19 AM
Monsta

Originally Posted by onefastdoc

Fikse
HRE
Kinesis
Cargraphic
Hartge
Racing Dynamics
AMG
Brabus
BBS
Breyton
OZ
Carlsson
Hamann
Volk
SSR
Work
Racing Hart
Advan

to name a few.

Are you all wrappers? LOL

Cuz your cars are gonna bling.

Or maybe you live in the ghetto......don't upset my man..
Old 04-02-2005 | 10:12 AM
kinjal

Originally Posted by Monsta

i love "wrap" music. and i upset my man
Old 04-02-2005 | 10:59 AM
pfizzle

I am getting davins on my G

SP1 3 piece forged.... FWCKING NICE
Old 04-03-2005 | 11:15 AM
Reggi914

Originally Posted by Monsta

Im an unwrapper.
Old 04-03-2005 | 12:16 PM
gaklid

I understand that you're terrified of "the ghetto", but why does "the ghetto" have to come up every time somebody mentions chrome rims? I can't figure it out. Can one of you guys who have never even been in the "the ghetto" and are scared to death to leave your suburban sanctuary explain to me the correlation between chrome rims and your flippant use of the term "ghetto"?
Old 04-03-2005 | 04:07 PM
kinjal

Originally Posted by gaklid
I understand that you're terrified of "the ghetto", but why does "the ghetto" have to come up every time somebody mentions chrome rims? I can't figure it out. Can one of you guys who have never even been in the "the ghetto" and are scared to death to leave your suburban sanctuary explain to me the correlation between chrome rims and your flippant use of the term "ghetto"?
how are giovannas ghetto? they are a classy chrome wheel. and they are very expensive. i dont like them on the z, but they are not ghetto. the only truly ghetto wheel on a z would be anything bigger than 20s (scary) or spinners
Old 04-03-2005 | 07:23 PM
BOZ23

Originally Posted by gaklid
Oooooooo!! all I hear is crickets chirping!! Good response gaklid. I've seen chrome on porsches, jags, ferraris, what's ghetto about those? I was considering genoa's also but changed my mind.
Old 04-04-2005 | 04:51 PM
gaklid

I'd be the first to admit that there are a lot of gaudy, tacky chrome wheels out there, but just because a wheel is chrome, doesn't mean it's "ghetto". The REAL question is, what the hell does the "ghetto" have to do with chrome wheels? 99% of the people on this board are too terrified to go anywhere near "the ghetto", so how would you know?

Quick Reply: Giovanna question